Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Articles saying Leach talking to Texas Tech?

vCash

Post Articles saying Leach talking to Texas Tech?

Long time lurker, first time post. I'm seeing articles online about Leach talking to Texas Tech in their coaching search. Does anyone with inside program info know if any of that is legit, or just the media looking for clicks?

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports...255472671.html
    https://247sports.com/college/texas-...ith-174406965/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganncakes View Post
    Long time lurker, first time post. I'm seeing articles online about Leach talking to Texas Tech in their coaching search. Does anyone with inside program info know if any of that is legit, or just the media looking for clicks?

Tech stiffed him out of millions of dollars when they fired him on a bunch of trumped-up BS charges and then claimed immunity from prosecution because they are a state government agency.

I can?t imagine him being stupid enough to willingly walk back into that again.

vCash
    That would be more surprising than us hiring Howland after Rick Ray
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Leach wanted back in the SEC. He's here. He ain't going back to Tech.

Nice try. Shouldn't you be more worried about Liberty this weekend and where Lane might go after this season?

vCash
    Just read the actual article- they aren?t talking to Leach. It was a hypothetical asked of a bunch of writers about whether they?d rather have Leach or Art Briles as the next coach.

They all picked Leach because they aren?t brain-dead.

vCash
    I'm not going to be surprised if he's not our head coach by the end of the season. I will be surprised if he goes to Texas Tech.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleOption View Post
    Just read the actual article- they aren?t talking to Leach. It was a hypothetical asked of a bunch of writers about whether they?d rather have Leach or Art Briles as the next coach.

They all picked Leach because they aren?t brain-dead.
    Yeah this. Not one mention in there of Leach talking to tech. All hypothetical from writers, geez

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganncakes View Post

I guess we will just have to hire hugh freeze after his big this saturday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah this. Not one mention in there of Leach talking to tech. All hypothetical from writers, geez
    Leach could have gone back to Tech before now if he wanted. They burned a bridge - the size of the Golden Gate - with him.

vCash
    I honestly believe Leach will retire when he's done here. Now how long that it is from now who knows. Could be 2 years could be 10 years.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    I'm not going to be surprised if he's not our head coach by the end of the season. I will be surprised if he goes to Texas Tech.
    Where else would he go?

Banned
    vCash
    The Star Telegram one is weird and actually mentions "sources".

The only way that would be on the table is if they kissed the ring AND he is unvaxxed. That's literally it. I don't see either happening.

vCash
    Wasn't there a lawsuit with Leach and TT? I can't imagine Leach saying he was wrong and he is sorry, LOL

vCash

Pirate not sailing back to tech anytime soon

Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Wasn't there a lawsuit with Leach and TT? I can't imagine Leach saying he was wrong and he is sorry, LOL
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...es/3472666001/

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Yancy? Is that you? How are things now that your Library glory hole got taken away from you?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    There is no upward move that Leach can make. I can't think of many lateral moves that he could make.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    There is no upward move that Leach can make. I can't think of many lateral moves that he could make.
    Your dislike for Leach is getting old. You're also full of **** !

vCash
    Wooo! I laughed hard! Texas Tech has a better shot at Nick Saban than Leach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Where else would he go?
    Maybe booted due to vaccine mandate is what he is referring to?

vCash
    I'm a lifelong State fan, graduated from State, and still go to most home games. Grew up going to the Maine game and 3-2 Auburn game. I originally clicked in to the article for a laugh, and was just a little blindsided by "According to sources familiar with the coaching search, there have been back channel conversations with the former Texas Tech head coach who currently is the head coach at Mississippi State." I just knew from experience that some of y'all have inside info on the team.

Everything y'all said makes sense, though. Ready to wreck Arkansas this weekend!