Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranked #17th in BCS

Banned
    vCash
    Alabama is in the top 3 best teams in the country. Period.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    They are, but unfortunately they lost to aTm. aTm is not that good. Michigan State is undefeated and beat Michigan. That is better than any game Bama has won so far. No way, even with the eye test, should Bama be ahead of them. Maybe if Bama beat GA in the SEC CG. Regular season games have to count for something. At least a little.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Where would you rank the country's 2nd best team?
    Where Bama is ranked because they sure as hell don't deserve that ranking Gordo. If they win out you have an argument. If not, you and the rest of Lowndes County MS can suck one. Edited to add, you seem like a decent guy Tusk and I appreciate your sense of humor or levity you bring. I still hate you a little just because you're a Bammer. For real for real.
    Last edited by Vandownbytheriver; 11-02-2021 at 08:54 PM.

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    They are, but unfortunately they lost to aTm. aTm is not that good. Michigan State is undefeated and beat Michigan. That is better than any game Bama has won so far. No way, even with the eye test, should Bama be ahead of them. Maybe if Bama beat GA in the SEC CG. Regular season games have to count for something. At least a little.
    This right here. Cincy beats #10 ND at home and they are at 6. That's a better win than anything Bama has on their record. I in no way believe they are better than Bama, but they've handled their business.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    The committee sees the Memphis loss as a game tainted by very poor officiating.
    As they should.

vCash
    Going into KY, PFF had us with the toughest schedule in the country to date. I haven't seen it this week, but I doubt we dropped much if at all playing a top 15 KY team.
    The committee knows this.

Hardly none of us did bc we are a negative fanbase and the media doesn't cover us that way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    Joey Freshwater and Manziel Jr. are about to get handed another 2 losses before the season ends.

I remember hearing many figure heads like dave portnoy talking about how they LOVED ole miss In the game against bama
    LOL
    Well on thunder and lightning they talked how ole Miss could likely go 11-1 with a loss to bama. A lot of people have been high on them. They're like Cincinnati, they haven't really played anyone. However the good teams they did play, they lost to them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoplectic View Post
    Behind A&M
    well executed... repped.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    We're good, buddy...

My understanding is that the CFP Committee is charged with ranking the teams based on who is "best" and not "most deserving"...

I see Bammer as #2, maybe #3, but certainly no lower than #4, which are all the same in my book...

If I took a stab/guess at the the Final CFP Rankings, it'd be:

1) Bammer 12-1
    4) Ohio State 12-1

2) Georgia 12-1
    3) Oregon 12-1

Oklahoma and Cinci could possibly go unbeaten and be left out....

No.

vCash
    We're good, buddy...

My understanding is that the CFP Committee is charged with ranking the teams based on who is "best" and not "most deserving"...

I see Bammer as #2, maybe #3, but certainly no lower than #4, which are all the same in my book...

1) Bammer 12-1
    4) Ohio State 12-1

2) Georgia 12-1
    3) Oregon 12-1

LOL .. y'all gonna be really ponying up some $$ to the refs this year for that to happen. But then .. y'all always do.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 11-02-2021 at 10:13 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    LOL .. y'all gonna be really ponying up some $$ to the refs this year for that to happen. But then .. y'all always do.
    Well, of course... Sometimes having the best talent and terrific coaching isn't enough...

REC

doin'

werk.

No.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I've watched Cincinnati a couple of times. They wouldn't have a winning record in the SEC. They probably wouldn't in the Big 10 either. Maybe not even in the ACC.
    You have no idea how bad the B10 actually is then. Notre Dame blew out Wisconsin who is blowing out other West teams left and right. Cincy dominated ND all game. This is a bad take and you're getting pretty consistent at having those

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Going into KY, PFF had us with the toughest schedule in the country to date. I haven't seen it this week, but I doubt we dropped much if at all playing a top 15 KY team.
    The committee knows this.

Hardly none of us did bc we are a negative fanbase and the media doesn't cover us that way.
    Exactly. It's amazing what happens when actual objectivity is brought into the conversation instead of Paul Finebaum's hot takes.

The reality is we're a young team learning a new system that was always going to take a couple of years to install. Our fans see us barely beating La Tech, try to act like we still would likely somehow lost a game we ended up losing by 2 because the officials literally game Memphis a TD, and because we lost to LSU when they had a pulse in a game that they have had circled on the calendar since KJ Costello ruined their National Championship recognition party by a field goal when Ruiz was out. Saban's scheme was just way ahead of where Will was a few weeks ago. And that was the biggest factor in that game IMO. Not to mention Alabama's offense is legit.

On the other hand we beat a good NC State team, a good A&M team on the road, and a good Kentucky team and blew out Vanderbilt like a good team is supposed to do. And then we have La Tech where we had a mount a big comeback in game one but we did it and should get credit for that. Most teams just get upset in that situation.

I'm not sure how we end the year. I think any of our three SEC games could go either way depending on how well we take care of the ball mostly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    You have no idea how bad the B10 actually is then. Notre Dame blew out Wisconsin who is blowing out other West teams left and right. Cincy dominated ND all game. This is a bad take and you're getting pretty consistent at having those
    In all fairness Cincy was the last team to push Georgia. They squeaked the game out in the end in last year's via FG. I believe the majority of that team is back.

vCash
    Any criteria that puts Oregon 4 cannot also put Bama 2.

Oregon is not close to 4 based on any eye test.

And LOL at the idea Cincy might not be .500 in the ACC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Any criteria that puts Oregon 4 cannot also put Bama 2.

Oregon is not close to 4 based on any eye test.

And LOL at the idea Cincy might not be .500 in the ACC.
    Oregon is only there to be ahead of OSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    Well on thunder and lightning they talked how ole Miss could likely go 11-1 with a loss to bama. A lot of people have been high on them. They're like Cincinnati, they haven't really played anyone. However the good teams they did play, they lost to them.
    Yeah. For some reason the media (even our apparently) falls for the Ole Miss marketing hype every year.

vCash
    We're good, buddy...

1) Bammer 12-1
    4) Ohio State 12-1

2) Georgia 12-1
    3) Oregon 12-1

This is exactly how I see the playoff as well. If Bama loses to UGA they will put Oklahoma or 1 loss Michigan State in though. I don?t think Cincy has a chance unless a lot of crazy stuff happens

vCash
    We actually got a shout out from Barrette Sally, unless he was being snarky or sarcastic.

He said before the season MSU would not win a SEC game...not even Vandy.

And he told Finebaum that the bowl streak would end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Yeah. For some reason the media (even our apparently) falls for the Ole Miss marketing hype every year.
    SOMEBODY SEES WHAT IVE SEEN SINCE LAST YEAR

it doesn't matter how many points they put up, they still lost all last year.

WE WENT TO OXFORD WITH 40 18 Year olds and damn near won it if austin Williams didn't fumble at the 1 yard line.

This year we have played WAAAAAAY better teams than Ole Miss... Ole miss benefited from playing a demoralized LSU, if they wouldn't have fired O after Florida , LSU might would have won and if we played LSU rn we would run them off the field.

NC State just smoked their ACC team they played ( Louisville )

Just everything is insane how overhyped Joey Freshwater and Walmart manziel are

Most likely we are going to beat Arkansas, lose to auburn, beat Tennessee state/tech idek who it is, then probably win the egg bowl against the clown show.

The Ole Miss media hype is better than us because they have a more optimistic fan base than we do.

We have idiots on here still discounting our win against A&M and people now saying that Kentucky is a bad team.

If Ole miss was rolling like we are they would be protesting the playoff committee to let a 3 loss team in.

We have the momentum and if things go like I forecast.... we will have it for a few years