Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Grapevine say: M over S maybe here to stay

vCash

My Grapevine say: M over S maybe here to stay

M logo very well maybe gone

So did Lonnie Tinkle sell us a lie or what?

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    By your grapevine do you mean the update Steve Robertson just put on genespage that you are now passing off as your own? Lol.

vCash
    Either lied or too incompetent and lazy to do his homework on the actual agreement. I guess it could be all of the above.

vCash
    I thought that was interlocking MSU coming back b/c it turns out Nike don't own shit.

But, I'm good with M over S too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Indndawg View Post
    M logo very well maybe gone

So did Lonnie Tinkle sell us a lie or what?
    I thought the issue was the interlocking MSU, not the M over S

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    By your grapevine do you mean the update Steve Robertson just put on genespage that you are now passing off as your own? Lol.
    The OP said M over S. Steve update was about the interlocking MSU.

vCash
    I guess I'm in the minority in liking the M State banner (I dislike the Mississippi State banner currently on the chest emblem).

vCash
    Ok, can someone please make this a little clearer? What’s going on with each logo?

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Nike does NOT own the interlocking logo. Expect it to be circulating in the vault releases. Who knows if it will go on the helmets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    Nike does NOT own the interlocking logo. Expect it to be circulating in the vault releases. Who knows if it will go on the helmets.
    That is awesome! And also, I want to kick our marketing people in the nuts for not pumping out merch with the MSU on it.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DCdawg View Post
    I guess I'm in the minority in liking the M State banner (I dislike the Mississippi State banner currently on the chest emblem).
    M-STATE could be a beginning. Eventually dropping the M.

vCash
    This is our correct and best by far helmet logo for football.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/25470654050...oaAl9JEALw_wcB

vCash
    Hell ya

vCash
    Noice

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DCdawg View Post
    This!!

vCash
    To me nothing represents the disconnect between the athletic administration and MSU fans more than the M-State logo. The old M-State logo (Croom years) was liked by LT. The new current one is basically an updated modernized better version of that. But most fans do not like the M-State logo. But the athletic administration has for years chosen to cater to their hero Larry Templeton over what the fans want to the point where they told half truth/lies about "well Nike owns it now so we can't use it anymore" without even trying to come up with a solution such as Adidas coming up with their own version or a compromise such as an interlocking MSU some games and M-State for others.

Things like this are why our fans get frustrated and sometimes hurts support of the team. The "marketing" excuse of well we don't want people in Nevada or Vermont mixing us up with Michigan State or Ole Miss is insane. MSU needs to market to the people that are most likely going to BUY their merchandise an wear it. That's people in Mississippi that know who Mississippi State is.

And fans have not liked the logo for almost 20 years now. But yet MSU is telling their customers that "you're wrong". And the fact that M-State feels like it has been forced down our throats because of this "marketing" "branding" "sold it off" excuses is actually in many ways something that would have made Larry Templeton proud. So fitting.

But enough of that- I think it's time to bring back the interlocking MSU in a modern way. If they want to wear M over S on the helmet that's fine but to be honest I just think the interlocking MSU looks better on a football helmet.

If MSU wants better fan support and to sell more merchandise they need to start giving the fans what they want more. And this is just one way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    To me nothing represents the disconnect between the athletic administration and MSU fans more than the M-State logo. The old M-State logo (Croom years) was liked by LT. The new current one is basically an updated modernized better version of that. But most fans do not like the M-State logo. But the athletic administration has for years chosen to cater to their hero Larry Templeton over what the fans want to the point where they told half truth/lies about "well Nike owns it now so we can't use it anymore" without even trying to come up with a solution such as Adidas coming up with their own version or a compromise such as an interlocking MSU some games and M-State for others.

Things like this are why our fans get frustrated and sometimes hurts support of the team. The "marketing" excuse of well we don't want people in Nevada or Vermont mixing us up with Michigan State or Ole Miss is insane. MSU needs to market to the people that are most likely going to BUY their merchandise an wear it. That's people in Mississippi that know who Mississippi State is.

And fans have not liked the logo for almost 20 years now. But yet MSU is telling their customers that "you're wrong". And the fact that M-State feels like it has been forced down our throats because of this "marketing" "branding" "sold it off" excuses is actually in many ways something that would have made Larry Templeton proud. So fitting.

But enough of that- I think it's time to bring back the interlocking MSU in a modern way. If they want to wear M over S on the helmet that's fine but to be honest I just think the interlocking MSU looks better on a football helmet.

If MSU wants better fan support and to sell more merchandise they need to start giving the fans what they want more. And this is just one way.
    This might be your best post. Like button push 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼

vCash

This. Of all the MSU apparel that I own none of it has the banner M on it. It’s a terrible design and looks so generic. We need to go MoverS or Script State or MSJ. No one is going to confuse us with Montana State. We are in the damn SEC folks will confuse the people wearing Montana State logo as ours.

vCash
    good post Todd ... sums it up nicely
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash

PREACH PREACH PREACH!

But, seriously that is marketing 101 find out what the people want and give it to them. It is not rocket science.