Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: My Grapevine say: M over S maybe here to stay

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,068
    vCash
    3100

    My Grapevine say: M over S maybe here to stay

    M logo very well maybe gone

    So did Lonnie Tinkle sell us a lie or what?

  2. #2
    Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    3,142
    vCash
    3138
    By your grapevine do you mean the update Steve Robertson just put on genespage that you are now passing off as your own? Lol.

  3. #3
    Senior Member BayouDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    4,112
    vCash
    3100
    Either lied or too incompetent and lazy to do his homework on the actual agreement. I guess it could be all of the above.

  4. #4
    Senior Member TrapGame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    10,329
    vCash
    4975
    I thought that was interlocking MSU coming back b/c it turns out Nike don't own shit.

    But, I'm good with M over S too.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Hambone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    NW MS
    Posts
    1,436
    vCash
    97009
    Quote Originally Posted by Indndawg View Post
    M logo very well maybe gone

    So did Lonnie Tinkle sell us a lie or what?
    I thought the issue was the interlocking MSU, not the M over S

  6. #6
    That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    9,586
    vCash
    3190
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    By your grapevine do you mean the update Steve Robertson just put on genespage that you are now passing off as your own? Lol.
    The OP said M over S. Steve update was about the interlocking MSU.

  7. #7
    Senior Member DCdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    415
    vCash
    3700
    I guess I'm in the minority in liking the M State banner (I dislike the Mississippi State banner currently on the chest emblem).

  8. #8
    Senior Member TNDawg35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,028
    vCash
    3000
    Ok, can someone please make this a little clearer? What’s going on with each logo?

  9. #9
    Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    681
    vCash
    3100
    Nike does NOT own the interlocking logo. Expect it to be circulating in the vault releases. Who knows if it will go on the helmets.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    1,071
    vCash
    3000
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    Nike does NOT own the interlocking logo. Expect it to be circulating in the vault releases. Who knows if it will go on the helmets.
    That is awesome! And also, I want to kick our marketing people in the nuts for not pumping out merch with the MSU on it.

  11. #11
    Senior Member OLJWales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    3,775
    vCash
    3000
    Quote Originally Posted by DCdawg View Post
    I guess I'm in the minority in liking the M State banner (I dislike the Mississippi State banner currently on the chest emblem).
    M-STATE could be a beginning. Eventually dropping the M.
    Truth is stranger than fiction because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn?t.
    A Lie Can Travel Halfway Around the World While the Truth Is Putting On Its Shoes

    Mark Twain

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    1,097
    vCash
    3000
    This is our correct and best by far helmet logo for football.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/25470654050...oaAl9JEALw_wcB

  13. #13
    Super Moderator BeastMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    7,491
    vCash
    3100
    Hell ya

  14. #14
    Senior Member Dawgology's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,494
    vCash
    52525
    Noice

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    166
    vCash
    3000
    Quote Originally Posted by DCdawg View Post
    I guess I'm in the minority in liking the M State banner (I dislike the Mississippi State banner currently on the chest emblem).
    This!!

  16. #16
    Senior Member Todd4State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    35,599
    vCash
    3700
    To me nothing represents the disconnect between the athletic administration and MSU fans more than the M-State logo. The old M-State logo (Croom years) was liked by LT. The new current one is basically an updated modernized better version of that. But most fans do not like the M-State logo. But the athletic administration has for years chosen to cater to their hero Larry Templeton over what the fans want to the point where they told half truth/lies about "well Nike owns it now so we can't use it anymore" without even trying to come up with a solution such as Adidas coming up with their own version or a compromise such as an interlocking MSU some games and M-State for others.

    Things like this are why our fans get frustrated and sometimes hurts support of the team. The "marketing" excuse of well we don't want people in Nevada or Vermont mixing us up with Michigan State or Ole Miss is insane. MSU needs to market to the people that are most likely going to BUY their merchandise an wear it. That's people in Mississippi that know who Mississippi State is.

    And fans have not liked the logo for almost 20 years now. But yet MSU is telling their customers that "you're wrong". And the fact that M-State feels like it has been forced down our throats because of this "marketing" "branding" "sold it off" excuses is actually in many ways something that would have made Larry Templeton proud. So fitting.

    But enough of that- I think it's time to bring back the interlocking MSU in a modern way. If they want to wear M over S on the helmet that's fine but to be honest I just think the interlocking MSU looks better on a football helmet.

    If MSU wants better fan support and to sell more merchandise they need to start giving the fans what they want more. And this is just one way.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    1,097
    vCash
    3000
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    To me nothing represents the disconnect between the athletic administration and MSU fans more than the M-State logo. The old M-State logo (Croom years) was liked by LT. The new current one is basically an updated modernized better version of that. But most fans do not like the M-State logo. But the athletic administration has for years chosen to cater to their hero Larry Templeton over what the fans want to the point where they told half truth/lies about "well Nike owns it now so we can't use it anymore" without even trying to come up with a solution such as Adidas coming up with their own version or a compromise such as an interlocking MSU some games and M-State for others.

    Things like this are why our fans get frustrated and sometimes hurts support of the team. The "marketing" excuse of well we don't want people in Nevada or Vermont mixing us up with Michigan State or Ole Miss is insane. MSU needs to market to the people that are most likely going to BUY their merchandise an wear it. That's people in Mississippi that know who Mississippi State is.

    And fans have not liked the logo for almost 20 years now. But yet MSU is telling their customers that "you're wrong". And the fact that M-State feels like it has been forced down our throats because of this "marketing" "branding" "sold it off" excuses is actually in many ways something that would have made Larry Templeton proud. So fitting.

    But enough of that- I think it's time to bring back the interlocking MSU in a modern way. If they want to wear M over S on the helmet that's fine but to be honest I just think the interlocking MSU looks better on a football helmet.

    If MSU wants better fan support and to sell more merchandise they need to start giving the fans what they want more. And this is just one way.
    This might be your best post. Like button push 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼

  18. #18
    Senior Member Dawgology's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,494
    vCash
    52525
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    To me nothing represents the disconnect between the athletic administration and MSU fans more than the M-State logo. The old M-State logo (Croom years) was liked by LT. The new current one is basically an updated modernized better version of that. But most fans do not like the M-State logo. But the athletic administration has for years chosen to cater to their hero Larry Templeton over what the fans want to the point where they told half truth/lies about "well Nike owns it now so we can't use it anymore" without even trying to come up with a solution such as Adidas coming up with their own version or a compromise such as an interlocking MSU some games and M-State for others.

    Things like this are why our fans get frustrated and sometimes hurts support of the team. The "marketing" excuse of well we don't want people in Nevada or Vermont mixing us up with Michigan State or Ole Miss is insane. MSU needs to market to the people that are most likely going to BUY their merchandise an wear it. That's people in Mississippi that know who Mississippi State is.

    And fans have not liked the logo for almost 20 years now. But yet MSU is telling their customers that "you're wrong". And the fact that M-State feels like it has been forced down our throats because of this "marketing" "branding" "sold it off" excuses is actually in many ways something that would have made Larry Templeton proud. So fitting.

    But enough of that- I think it's time to bring back the interlocking MSU in a modern way. If they want to wear M over S on the helmet that's fine but to be honest I just think the interlocking MSU looks better on a football helmet.

    If MSU wants better fan support and to sell more merchandise they need to start giving the fans what they want more. And this is just one way.
    This. Of all the MSU apparel that I own none of it has the banner M on it. It’s a terrible design and looks so generic. We need to go MoverS or Script State or MSJ. No one is going to confuse us with Montana State. We are in the damn SEC folks will confuse the people wearing Montana State logo as ours.

  19. #19
    Senior Member FISHDAWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    4,658
    vCash
    1320092
    good post Todd ... sums it up nicely
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    1,071
    vCash
    3000
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    To me nothing represents the disconnect between the athletic administration and MSU fans more than the M-State logo. The old M-State logo (Croom years) was liked by LT. The new current one is basically an updated modernized better version of that. But most fans do not like the M-State logo. But the athletic administration has for years chosen to cater to their hero Larry Templeton over what the fans want to the point where they told half truth/lies about "well Nike owns it now so we can't use it anymore" without even trying to come up with a solution such as Adidas coming up with their own version or a compromise such as an interlocking MSU some games and M-State for others.

    Things like this are why our fans get frustrated and sometimes hurts support of the team. The "marketing" excuse of well we don't want people in Nevada or Vermont mixing us up with Michigan State or Ole Miss is insane. MSU needs to market to the people that are most likely going to BUY their merchandise an wear it. That's people in Mississippi that know who Mississippi State is.

    And fans have not liked the logo for almost 20 years now. But yet MSU is telling their customers that "you're wrong". And the fact that M-State feels like it has been forced down our throats because of this "marketing" "branding" "sold it off" excuses is actually in many ways something that would have made Larry Templeton proud. So fitting.

    But enough of that- I think it's time to bring back the interlocking MSU in a modern way. If they want to wear M over S on the helmet that's fine but to be honest I just think the interlocking MSU looks better on a football helmet.

    If MSU wants better fan support and to sell more merchandise they need to start giving the fans what they want more. And this is just one way.
    PREACH PREACH PREACH!

    But, seriously that is marketing 101 find out what the people want and give it to them. It is not rocket science.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.