Thread: Women's basketball pre-season game

vCash

Women's basketball pre-season game

It's 50 - 19 at the half against Mississippi College. Rickea has 14, two of the Hayes sisters have 7 apiece and Farley has 9. We are a small team right now especially with Jessika Carter out but not a bad 1st half

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    It's 50 - 19 at the half against Mississippi College. Rickea has 14, two of the Hayes sisters have 7 apiece and Farley has 9. We are a small team right now especially with Jessika Carter out but not a bad 1st half
    Thanks for the information. That already looks better, even if just exhibition.

vCash
    Freshman Denae Carter really impressive freshman

vCash
    2 Hayes sisters and Jerkaila Jordan....really good players, Another newcomer Raven Farley looked good. Ashley Jones
    Last edited by jdelta02; 11-01-2021 at 09:48 PM.

vCash
    If we have a good season (say, 6 seed or better), does Novak get the permanent job, or are we going to try to hire a big name no matter what?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    If we have a good season (say, 6 seed or better), does Novak get the permanent job, or are we going to try to hire a big name no matter what?
    And how do we recruit this season?

Banned
    vCash
    Would love to see our Lady Bulldogs put some good stuff together. Lord Knows their suffering deserves a 180.

vCash
    That's a good question, listening to him speak he sounds very knowledgeable and likeable. He has a talented group to work with so I think it all depends on how good we are this year. The biggest question is going to be if he can recruit or not. Mississippi State Women's basketball is a named program and you have to be able to recruit.

No matter how felt about Nikki she did bring in some really talented players, if we get Jessika Carter back soon we have a chance to make some noise because we have alot of scorers on this team. We just aren't very big. Raven Farley had a pretty good night in the post with 9 points and 11 rebounds but she is about all we have in the post along with Charlotte Kohl who had a quiet night. Danae Carter is 6'0 and long also so she will be used down there some too, she had a good game with 11 points and 6 rebounds and of course Rikea can play everywhere with her height and athleticism

vCash
    Denae Carter is an explosive scoring freshman from Philly. She's long, very athletic, versatile skillset, and was a really good defensive player on the high school level. Aliyah Matharu came from the Maryland/Washington DC area which is fairly near the way of Philadelphia PA. Quite a few of these northeast coast freshman come in ready to fill it up in season 1. My opinion Miss. State needs Denae to come in, and be an impact freshmen, adding help and size to what appears to be a short depth early season frontcourt with the size players. Potential future standout basketball player
    , she's a problem for opponents...both ends..
    Last edited by jdelta02; 11-04-2021 at 07:44 PM.

vCash
    Auto correct is the devil but that made me laugh.

After reading up on him I bet he does well enough to keep the job. Good x and o guy who played 10 years of pro ball with some in the NBA under Jerry Sloan and has a good record as a head coach and the assistant he just hired is known as a good scouting report guy as well specializing in post play.
    Last edited by Schultzy; 11-04-2021 at 07:27 PM.

vCash
    I don't expect a whole lot this season but i am all in with this team again...…lets see how this plays out. Novak may be the next coming of Vic for all we know.

vCash
    What will really be a key indicator is how many of the current roster transfers out after this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by schddog72 View Post
    What will really be a key indicator is how many of the current roster transfers out after this year.
    Great point and he even alluded to possible transfers during his presser.... again I point at recruiting. if he is a great coach, can he recruit? Vic even had a difficult time recruiting some at times. Older men coaching young ladies can sometimes be a deterrent in some people's eyes. Because alot of young ladies want to be able to 'relate' to the coach.. Im not saying it's a good or bad thing but it's just how it is.

Banned
    vCash
    Bump for updates on our Lady Bulldogs. How's our former coach doing these days? Any updates on her?

Recent Practice news noteworthy?
    Last edited by OLJWales; 11-06-2021 at 09:57 AM.

vCash
    I've not been keeping up with women's hoops much lately - is Novak one of our assistants that was temporarily promoted?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I've not been keeping up with women's hoops much lately - is Novak one of our assistants that was temporarily promoted?
    Correct. He was brought in as associate head coach who was then elevated after she left. My understanding is we were already incorporating his offensive philosophy before the change.

He has a tall order. However expectations are not as high this season due to the circumstances. He needs to show he is competitive with the roster he was dealt. His guards are fine but we are lacking size. If he is upper half of the league I?ll be impressed.