Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baseball recruiting

vCash

Baseball recruiting

Had a really good weekend on that front. Picked up numerous commits. Most intriguing is a guy that's ambidextrous pitcher, 96 from right side, 91 from the left. #28 by perfect game. I can't remember where he's originally from, but he now lives in fla

vCash
    Thanks for the head’s up. Did we have a lot of recruits on campus this weekend? I would think so, with the ring presentation and alumni on campus.

Have names started to leak out yet?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    Thanks for the head’s up. Did we have a lot of recruits on campus this weekend? I would think so, with the ring presentation and alumni on campus.

Have names started to leak out yet?
    Yes. Just 2 22's were here. But more in the 23,24,25 classes.

Banned
    vCash
    We are a recruiting machine right now

vCash
    cid:72EB2D73-4F08-441F-8A1A-

Link fail
    Last edited by Schultzy; 11-01-2021 at 04:58 PM.

vCash
    Looks like one is Nathan Williams, a big juco with a mid 90’s fastball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    We are a recruiting machine right now
    Is it that much different than normal? I don't follow baseball recruiting closely but I decided to check out Perfect Game's rankings and right now we're ranked 10th right behind Georgia Tech. We have 3 top 100 players according to PG, which is the same amount OM has but we're 4 spots behind them. LSU has 11 top 100 players and Vandy has 10. Hell, Auburn even has 4.

vCash
    Because of how early baseball players commit, you’ll really see huge strides in the 24 and 25 classes. And yes, it certainly has picked up Vince the national championship.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerdawg View Post
    Is it that much different than normal? I don't follow baseball recruiting closely but I decided to check out Perfect Game's rankings and right now we're ranked 10th right behind Georgia Tech. We have 3 top 100 players according to PG, which is the same amount OM has but we're 4 spots behind them. LSU has 11 top 100 players and Vandy has 10. Hell, Auburn even has 4.
    For which class?? The 24/25 classes is where we are blowing it up

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    This

vCash
    Oh ok. I was looking at 2022. They didn't have anything listed after 2023

Banned
    vCash
    My Sports God Wool Runneth Over. Good Times after 5 Decades have finally arrived. Was that Jody Hurst I saw that day scale the left field foul pole celebrating? Was that me reprimanded by NCAA official clanging in Barry Larkin and Chris Sabo's dugout? Did Gene Morgan really throw 18 ground ball outs in a single game? What say you John Grisham?

vCash
    Had a really good weekend on that front. Picked up numerous commits. Most intriguing is a guy that's ambidextrous pitcher, 96 from right side, 91 from the left. #28 by perfect game. I can't remember where he's originally from, but he now lives in fla
    That's unbelieving

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    That's unbelieving
    My first thoughts as well. Pics or didn't happen.

vCash
    Haha. Well the only problem is getting those top guys on campus but hopefully it's a lot to be a lot easier. The nil might kill us in football but maybe we're going to stay around where we've been considering the big schools already were paying.
    In baseball we have the support and now the momentum. Hopefully we capitalize on our run to get the guys and give them deals to get them on campus.
    I think about the guy with Dak at the CWS. We do have some big donors that love baseball.

vCash
    We already have 5 of the top 85 for 24 and 4 of the top 63 for 25.

vCash
    With the ambidextrous guy... I wonder does he switch arms in the middle of a game from batter to batter depending which side they hit, or does he switch from game to game?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldsleeve Jr. View Post
    With the ambidextrous guy... I wonder does he switch arms in the middle of a game from batter to batter depending which side they hit, or does he switch from game to game?
    If he's a reliever, then I hope it's from batter to batter. As a starter, I'm not sure if his legs could handle 2 starts per week but that sure would be a nice luxury if it were game to game and he could throw the mid-week and on the weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldsleeve Jr. View Post
    does he switch arms in the middle of a game from batter to batter depending which side they hit
    Yes, that's the idea.

vCash
    He switches batter to batter and throws RH to switch hitters since that's the side with his best stuff.

He's 95 with a hammer curve from the right side, high 80's/low 90's with good command from the left.