Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When mullin is fired....

vCash

When mullin is fired....

does he get another head coaching job at a directional school or saban OC?

?Six pack - a bunch of circle jerking snowflakes?

-DangerDawg

vCash
    Mullen will get another P5 job immediately after being let go.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoplectic View Post
    does he get another head coaching job at a directional school or saban OC?
    Second tier P5 School.

That TCU opening would work nicely for him.
    WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING?!?

vCash
    He will only get fired if he refuses to cut Grantham and Hevesy. I don?t think ******* loyalty to them would be that much if he knows it?s his only chance at keeping his job. I actually think Mullen is more cut out for a 2nd tier p5 job than a blue blood because he could win 7-9 games a year and be set for life, but his ego is too big to realize that

vCash
    Dan needs to go NFL asst. or coordinator. He cannot recruit to win in college. Kirby told him so.

vCash
    Florida can't do better than Mullen. College football fans have become delusional - it's not like there are great proven Head coaches out there looking for a job. There are a handful of great coaches and then much larger group of above average coaches that are on about the same level and Mullen is in that group. Freeze is about the only guy they could get.

vCash
    I think Mullen is as good a coach as anyone. What he has not done is recruit with the best. You cannot win a national championship without both and that is Florida's goal.

Can they do better? Yes, but it's not likely. i think they would be better served changing defenses and get a new DC.

Some Blanket NIL deals will solve all that mess with the OL because Hevesy can coach, Grantham's defense though, can cost you big time. My two cents worth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Florida can't do better than Mullen. College football fans have become delusional - it's not like there are great proven Head coaches out there looking for a job. There are a handful of great coaches and then much larger group of above average coaches that are on about the same level and Mullen is in that group. Freeze is about the only guy they could get.
    They could get Kiffin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    I think Mullen is as good a coach as anyone. What he has not done is recruit with the best. You cannot win a national championship without both and that is Florida's goal.

Can they do better? Yes, but it's not likely. i think they would be better served changing defenses and get a new DC.

Some Blanket NIL deals will solve all that mess with the OL because Hevesy can coach, Grantham's defense though, can cost you big time. My two cents worth.
    He needs a recruiting coordinator that literally does everything for him. And tells him to not be an ass around the recruits.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    They could get Kiffin.
    Lateral move at best for Florida

vCash
    Mullen's problem is and always will be his lack of recruiting salesmanship. He and the Country Club struggle to pull top tier known talent. They just cant pull it. Their personalities get in the way. Chris Jones and Jeffrey Simmons were done for him- not by him. Had they not been from Mississippi they would not have ended up at State.

He does a great job of finding underrated HS talent he doesnt have to win big recruiting battles for. Developing the late bloomers. However, that doesnt fly at Florida.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Lateral move at best for Florida
    As you said, tho...there just aren't any top tier guys out there for them. I bed Kiffin would excite their fans.

vCash
    Tend to agree with this. Other than Urban look at last 20 years of coaches there - Zook, Urban, Muschamp, Mcelwayne, Mullen, etc. Good but not great coaches. Last 30 years at MSU - Jackie, Croom, Mullen, Moorhead, Leach. That is on par with UF except Urban's tenure even though we beat them in Gainsville. Think about that.

vCash
    He's been to a NY6 bowl each of his three years at Florida.

He likely will go 8-4 this year in what is perceived to be a down year. He's not getting fired this year or anytime soon.

vCash
    Dan Mullen's SEC W/L % at UF is now LOWER than Ron Zooks - .656 to .667
    And Sharkman Mcilwain is at .666

Dangerous territory for ol' Danny Two-Gloves
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Dan Mullen's SEC W/L % at UF is now LOWER than Ron Zooks - .656 to .667
    And Sharkman Mcilwain is at .666

Dangerous territory for ol' Danny Two-Gloves
    Think about this: the pirate has a better record with better wins with a SO QB

vCash
    MSU and Mullen were a perfect match. Mullen ego couldn't understand that. When he's eventually fired at Florida he'll land at an equivalent MSU level school where he can get back to raising the floor and focusing on developing under the radar talent and producing 10 win seasons every 4 years or so.. He can't compete at the top because he is not a top recruiter and never will be, plain and simple

vCash
    I pretty think we all are saying the same thing. Mullen = good coach but he is not a great recruiter.

His best case scenario was a place like Mississippi State that will allow some bad performances or the NFL as an OC. Does his game translate to the NFL? I think it could.

vCash
    I think Mullen likes running the show. I don't think he's going to the NFL as an OC. If he can get a look as HC then he'll take it if offered. When Florida cans him he'll wind up at another middle tier P5 program. I wouldn't be surprised if Sexton isn't talking to TCU right now. His days at Florida are numbered.

vCash