Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • MoverS

50 53.19%
  • Flying M

2 2.13%
  • Banner M

9 9.57%
  • Interlocking MSU (MSJ or Jackie version)

32 34.04%
  • Other (please list and link picture)

1 1.06%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Helmet Logo

Banned
    vCash

Poll: Helmet Logo

Vote on which you think should be our helmet logo. If you want to give ranked choice do that as well.

Me
    1. MoverS
    2. MSJ / Jackie MSU
    3. Flying M
    4. Anything else
    3787. Banner M
    4692629. Bulldog Outline from 2012 / 2013

vCash
    M over S, with Flying M making appearances sometimes.

vCash
    The Flying M is ugly. The Banner M is worse. The M over S is better than both. Interlocking MSU is the best.

vCash
    Just bring back the 1980 uni.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    The Flying M is ugly. The Banner M is worse. The M over S is better than both. Interlocking MSU is the best.

This.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    M over S on the helmet with STATE across the front of the jerseys in block letters.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    1. M over S
    2. Interlocking MSU
    3. State script
    4. Flying M.

I think you go M over S or Interlocking MSU as our permanent football helmet logo. Give each of the others 1 game a year.

No walking bully.
    No ribbon M.
    No giant bulldog head.

If anything I would go M over S on one side and STATE in block letters on the other side or STATE on the chest.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    M over S on the helmet with STATE across the front of the jerseys in block letters.
    Agreed 100%.

vCash
    I’m sorry guys, all I kept thinking about was baseball last night every time I saw it. I don’t want something that is SO strongly associated with baseball. It makes us seem like football, the money maker is trying to ride the coattails of another sport that isn’t the money maker. Let’s get our own logo.

vCash
    IF we are going to change I prefer the script State. Jut not a fan of interlocking MS.

vCash
    M-over-S looks sharp, but I'd just as soon leave it to baseball and adopt the MSJ as the football standard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    IF we are going to change I prefer the script State. Jut not a fan of interlocking MS.
    That script State on Nick Griffin's Twitter post is fire.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    That script State on Nick Griffin's Twitter post is fire.

For folk's quick reference.

vCash
    1. MoverS
    2. Interlocking MSU (Jackie)
    After those two just about anything over the Banner M.

I really liked the Interlocking MSU , as my my favorite prior to last night , but that MS on the helmets looked great last night.

vCash
    1. interlocking MSU (not MSJ)
    2. MS (Baseball Logo)
    3. Would like to see a mockup STATE in Block Lettering, may be too much for a helmet though. STATE should be on the front of the uniform above the numbers.
    Last edited by viverlibre; 10-31-2021 at 03:49 PM.

vCash
    1. Interlocking MSU and there's not a close 2nd. It's badass. I travel a lot and get to talk to fans of other teams from all over and when uniforms/logos/helmets come up, they all think our 90's unis were by far the best we've had and don't understand why we don't use it. Interlocking MSU logo will always represent MSU football for me. We should demand this helmet decal to return.

2. Block MSU - Similar to the Nike MSU and nearly as good. If we can't get the Nike logo, I'd switch to this asap.

3. That STATE script looks pretty good too. If we can't get the MSU Nike or block logo back, then I think I'd be fine with this one. I think it would look pretty good on the field as well.

4. There's an old "M" logo with a Bulldog head in the middle. I think this could look pretty good on a helmet. Not sure when the logo was used, but I think it's pretty old.

5. One of the vintage Bulldog head logos.

6. M over S - Should it be worn outside of baseball? I was open to the idea and I think it looked pretty good in the pics, but something wasn't right about it when I saw it live. Not sure if it can be tweaked or not, but something wasn't right with it last night.

7. Current logo.

8. Flying M is actually ugly. It doesn't make sense or say who we are. Confusing af. Not bad on a throwback style t-shirt, but it's garbage on a helmet.

vCash
    Keep what we have.

vCash
    One day when I make my millions I will make sure that one of the interlocking MSU or block MSU will be the ones used. Mark my words!

vCash
    1) Interlocking MSU

2) M over S

567, 440, 235) Anything with STATE on it

Nothing else matters after that

I will say that, at least after this season, the M over S is more associated with the actual Mississippi State University than the idea that people nationwide refer to Mississippi State as "State" and all other schools have to qualified as Idaho State, Oklahoma State, Michigan State, etc.

That was absurd. SEC people or people familiar with YOU and YOUR association to Mississippi State may ask you how State is doing, but no one in North Carolina, for instance, was saying things like:

Can you believe N.C. State lost to State?

No one in Oregon or Washington noticed that "State" upset Kentucky last night. In Oregon, "State" lost to bad Cal team.
    Last edited by BulldogBear; 10-31-2021 at 04:51 PM.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!