Thread: Hell of a win today

vCash

Hell of a win today

I was worried there was too much optimism from our fan base coming into the game, and that we would pull a State and crap the bed. Boy was I wrong. If not for the punt return, that game is absolute blowout city.

Pros:

- Will shined
    - Run game...where'd that come from? I love it
    - Crowd
    - Helmets
    - Defense
    - Pretty much everything

Cons:

- Special Teams (Punt return, missed FG)
    - Field (I'm sorry, but our field looks like pure shit on TV. Faded maroon in the end zones, chewed up turf, colors that look more purple than maroon....we should be ashamed of how it looks when people tune in. We either need a new paint crew, or we need to consider an artificial surface, bc it's really a poor look. I'd prefer the paint crew just get their shit together, bc it's looked great in the past...but not in the last few years.)
    - Not many Cons when my biggest one is our field paint.

Hail State. I'm still not sold that this will work long term...but tonight was fun. As was watching Ole Miss get their ass kicked on the Plains. Quite the night.

vCash
    In the immortal words of Jackie Gleason .... How sweet it is!

vCash
    I did not watch the game, only highlights but did Leach use the run to set up the pass? The game stats had nice balance for run and pass. Just asking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintDawg View Post
    I did not watch the game, only highlights but did Leach use the run to set up the pass? The game stats had nice balance for run and pass. Just asking.
    I feel like he and Will just took what the defense gave them, and it led to a lot more running and a great balance. We seemed to commit more to running when Kentucky was in particular looks, and not stray from it. It worked. And forced UK to take more chances when they fell behind, and that's when we got one on ones in the pass game and made them pay.

vCash
    Probably when KY got on the bus, after the game, they were so confused and dazed that they were wondering if anybody got the number off the truck that just ran over them. 🤪

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    We will never and should never have an artificial surface. I’ve thought the feild has looked much better recently.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    End zones - not maroon but pink, for breast cancer month.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintDawg View Post
    The run got UK off balance and our OL blew some UK DL off the ball too. Marks and Johnson ran like bulls too, those two are growing up before our eyes.

One other element that is huge for basically the run game that was different that all the other air raid games. The dump downs to RB were perfect and went for big gains every time. They never got blown up for a loss or no gain. The RB punished the D.

vCash
    The SEC this year is a league of matchups for the 10 teams not at the top or the bottom.

We matchup well against Kentucky and Arkansas. Not so well against OM if their QB healthy. I knew OM wouldn’t matchup well against Auburn with their downhill running.

But I’m not sure we can run it on Auburn well enough to have a good chance there which we learned tonight is essential for us to win against a mid level conference team.

I’m ecstatic that we got to six and bowl eligible and anything more is icing on the cake for me because failing to make a bowl these days is killer for the morale of a program.
    Last edited by Schultzy; 10-31-2021 at 08:47 AM.

vCash
    Actually I didn't notice the field, to me the negative was our special teams, seems it's been pretty Iffy all year.

Also Rogers has gained so much confidence in this offense, you could tell he changed plays several or many times last night. Not many QB's can throw 92% in practice much less in a game. That is an amazing stat!

Now let's move forward and really gain Mo by beating the Hogs!

vCash
    People just have no concepts for what it takes to take care athletic fields and never care to ask questions like "Did it rain a lot this week?". Has it rained a lot this fall? Wonder if that impacts the ability to paint things and how the field looks in HD?

vCash
    Absolutely great game to see live. A little chilly but I love it. Props to Rogers, Marks and Arnett!!!

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    UK is a physical team, and we whipped their ass up front!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    People just have no concepts for what it takes to take care athletic fields and never care to ask questions like "Did it rain a lot this week?". Has it rained a lot this fall? Wonder if that impacts the ability to paint things and how the field looks in HD?
    Has it rained a lot every week of every home game? Bc the field has looked like shit for all of them. If so, my apologies