Thread: Rewatching the game. Thoughts.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash

Rewatching the game. Thoughts.

1st drive - Great start, Mark?s had a drop.
    The punt return - there were three blocks at the catch that all could have been called for clipping. All clearly right in front of the refs.

Can we get Tulu in the slot? I would love to see him get matched up on a LB or Safety.

Amazing game by Will. Good decisions, SEC record completion percentage. Would have been an NCAA record if he had one more attempt and completion.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    2nd drive

Wills throw to Walley across the middle was perfect.
    How the hell do we shoot off the canon when we miss the field goal? Ruiz is pretty automatic, but come on Students. They started cheering, dude. It wasn?t good.
    Also, why do we play hype music when we have the ball and a timeout is called? Let the band play our fight song for crying out loud. The atmosphere is better when our crowd is making the noise, not shitty zero cuss word rap songs.

The CB blitz Kentucky dialed up on the play before the FG that came clear was the best defensive call by Kentucky for the night. No chance of us getting rid of it or picking it up.

Kentucky picked one of their few first downs. Our defense brought the lumber on every play. Apparently you can catch smoke with your bare hands. With a name like that?.

Smoke fumbled and the review got it right. Later in the game, he made up for it by doing the 2021 version of the butt fumble. Defense held stron and forced the FG attempt. At that point of the game, I felt like if we just didn?t shoot ourselves in the foot on drives that we would be alright. Same with Memphis and LSU. All three games, we had the better scheme. Memphis, we gave it away. LSU we just didn?t defend and shot ourselves in the foot on offense.

vCash
    I have criticized the size of the m over s all week. I still believe it was a little small and could be larger, but damn it is nice.

Genespage has a poll. I believe the MS, interlocking MSU, and the STATE script all have about 30% approval. I say we should pick one of the three, make it our permanent logo, and use the other two for two games each a year. There is literally zero reasons not to do this. Chillbilly designed brand new versions of the interlocking. If Nike won?t let us use it, then use Chilly?s.

vCash
    Forbes was down on the field. We had an injury timeout, and during the injury timeout, the 1st quarter ended. How the hell did that happen. SEC officiating.

vCash
    3rd drive. Down 10.

Kentucky started being in heavier defensive linemen. So we go to rb screen, run off tackle, rb screen. Stretching out at the line of scrimmage to make them run.

At this point in the game, Will is 9 for 11 with one drop and one pass defended.

RB screen again to DJ. Lowers to boom on the poor bastard. Followed that up with a nice run behind across. Shovelpass to the 5. Damn our RBs wore them out.

PI in the end zone.

Then I believe a false start because they were yelling out our snap.

Then we run it down their throat for seven yards. Kentucky was outmatched on the line of scrimmage that entire drive.

Best drive of the season. 7-10.

vCash
    The fourth dive is by far the most important of the entire game. I felt if we could take the lead at this point, we would win the game. And we did, and we did.

vCash
    When Will ran for the first down, ref spotted him 2 feet short of where he landed. He was running pretty much to the sideline, that spot was terrible. Still a first down, but damn refs.

vCash
    Kameron Jones basically interrupted or blocked three guys on that 9 yard run by DJ. Good block. Pushed his guy 7 yards off the line.

vCash
    Kentucky punt is down at the three. Walley has to catch that in the air. I think it landed at the 15 or so.

vCash
    So when we?re DLinemen allowed to call out during or clap?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Forbes was down on the field. We had an injury timeout, and during the injury timeout, the 1st quarter ended. How the hell did that happen. SEC officiating.
    Clock starts on refs signal after an injury. A rare thing they got right.

vCash
    1st drive of the second half
    That was not a hold on #58.
    Mark?s got screwed out of a Brilliant TD run.

We still got a FG anyway. Screw the refs and Kentucky.

Polk was targeted on his play down to the 6. No review. It cost us 4 pts, but I feel like our defense took that personally, cause they delivered quickly after that FG.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Clock starts on refs signal after an injury. A rare thing they got right.
    He wasn?t even off the field yet, though. He was still being helped off.

Banned
    vCash
    He wasn?t even off the field yet, though. He was still being helped off.
    Ah misread. Yep of course they were incompetent while at least somewhat understanding the rules.

vCash
    2nd drive

Wills throw to Walley across the middle was perfect.
    How the hell do we shoot off the canon when we miss the field goal? Ruiz is pretty automatic, but come on Students. They started cheering, dude. It wasn?t good.
    Also, why do we play hype music when we have the ball and a timeout is called? Let the band play our fight song for crying out loud. The atmosphere is better when our crowd is making the noise, not shitty zero cuss word rap songs.

The CB blitz Kentucky dialed up on the play before the FG that came clear was the best defensive call by Kentucky for the night. No chance of us getting rid of it or picking it up.

Kentucky picked one of their few first downs. Our defense brought the lumber on every play. Apparently you can catch smoke with your bare hands. With a name like that?.

Smoke fumbled and the review got it right. Later in the game, he made up for it by doing the 2021 version of the butt fumble. Defense held stron and forced the FG attempt. At that point of the game, I felt like if we just didn?t shoot ourselves in the foot on drives that we would be alright. Same with Memphis and LSU. All three games, we had the better scheme. Memphis, we gave it away. LSU we just didn?t defend and shot ourselves in the foot on offense.
    Yep I could hear the interlude music and it sounded like shi$. Of course I also said 20 years ago the band had only one song in their playlist so I can't complain now

vCash
    Outside of UGA, who was the last East team that beat a West team?

Banned
    vCash
    Kentucky over LSU

vCash
    Kentucky beat LSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Kentucky over LSU
    Sorry, I meant a ranked West team.