Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's time for a change.

vCash

It's time for a logo change.

I did not watch the game this evening. I was passing out Halloween candy at a friend?s neighborhood party where the kids were out and about trick ?r treatin?. I kept up with it on my phone.

I saw the stats and I watched several highlights. 92% pass completion is insane; even for the NFL.

The offense had great balance from the run and the pass. Defense was all over the place. Bodies flying. Sideline to sideline.
    We all have our opinions. Good and bad. Our fanbase has ALOT of savvy as far as understanding what occurs on the football field. Most of the time things said on this board are said with our hearts and not with our heads. Understandably so. We are an up and down team in football and other sports. We all get mad and say stuff we don?t really mean. That being said, I believe something changed tonight.

Leach ran the ball more than ever before, and it made the pass more successful than ever before. I hope that the corner has been turned in using the air raid offense. Some will disagree and pick apart this post and that?s fine. I don?t know everything and don?t have all the answers. Just an opinion. BUT, if we continue to improve like this, there is something to be said about the M over S on the helmets.

I believe it inspired the team. They seemed to reach down and grab another gear. Call it luck or superstition or whatever. That logo, that design, has a national title attached to it. Our baseball team that we all hold so dear to our souls achieved the ultimate goal. These kids who come to State come to this school because they love it and believe in it and not solely because they feel it will get them to the next level in pro sports. They know it will get them to the next level in life. They need to be inspired athletically and academically to do that. If that M over S is on everything that they play for and strive for, be it success on the field of play or success in life, they will give 111% every day. In every game, every class, every test they face.

The M over S needs to be the official logo of the school. The Walking Bulldog and the Rocket M need to be used more. They are unique and iconic to our school. The banner M is drab, generic and needs to be retired.

It may seem like a trivial thing to some. Many will argue it should remain with baseball only and they have their opinion, but everyone in the nation knows a maroon and white M over S is the Mississippi State University, and I, for one, would like to keep it that way. Then all will know and will never forget exactly who we are.

Hail State.
    Last edited by SaintDawg; 10-31-2021 at 01:15 AM.

vCash
    Well said.

vCash
    The flying M is horrible. Probably our worst logo ever. I think it's worse than the banner M that I hate. And walking Bully, that's so old it's comical. A dog in a damn turtle neck? Come on..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    The flying M is horrible. Probably our worst logo ever. I think it's worse than the banner M that I hate. And walking Bully, that's so old it's comical. A dog in a damn turtle neck? Come on..
    The Rocket M/Flying M does take some getting used to. I like it only because it's different. The Walking Bulldog has been very dear to me since I was a child. The running
    bulldog with the State flag is an original too.
    I would like to see the school go with an image that has been with the school for years. I do miss the diagonal MSU, but I'm afraid we cant get that back.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Whatever wins I?m for. Not disrespecting your post. Spot on my friend.

Side note. Handing out candy and interacting with kids will always make you think more clearly. Just ask a kid any question. Beardo will probably block their response.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Flying M matches with Air Raid but doesn't have timeless appeal like MoverS. But to me those uniforms were fire.

Walking Bully is good for fan clothing and flags and the ilk. It should not be used as a helmet logo. Fact of the matter is we're 2-0 when not wearing the banner M under Leach. I'm not superstitious but i am a little stitious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Flying M matches with Air Raid but doesn't have timeless appeal like MoverS. But to me those uniforms were fire.

Walking Bully is good for fan clothing and flags and the ilk. It should not be used as a helmet logo. Fact of the matter is we're 2-0 when not wearing the banner M under Leach. I'm not superstitious but i am a little stitious.
    I can agree about Walking Bully/Flag Bully with fan schwag/clothing this and that. Maybe put Rocket M/Flying M on the shoulder? Pant leg?

vCash
    If you think the banner M should be replaced, you haven't been to campus in a while. That would be a million $ project to remove it from every inch of campus. The point is, evidently those in charge feel the banner M and woodmark Mississippi State are THE logos and will be used for years. Banner M and woodmark logo obviously market better.

Also, football deserves it own identity. The MoverS is a nice baseball logo. Let football have their own logo. Create a new helmet decal. Just don't use the MoverS unless you want to tell the nation we are a baseball school mainly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    If you think the banner M should be replaced, you haven't been to campus in a while. That would be a million $ project to remove it from every inch of campus. The point is, evidently those in charge feel the banner M and woodmark Mississippi State are THE logos and will be used for years. Banner M and woodmark logo obviously market better.

Also, football deserves it own identity. The MoverS is a nice baseball logo. Let football have their own logo. Create a new helmet decal. Just don't use the MoverS unless you want to tell the nation we are a baseball school mainly.
    To your last comment, one other thought. The MoverS on football could go one of two ways. Either it puts more pressure on football to be a winning brand like baseball or it can also make baseball look bad. Right now MoverS is special in baseball. This is not a for or against post, just an observation.

I thought it looked pretty dang good on the helmets - similar to my favorite MSU one.

vCash
    What will the melt down be when we trot those gold M over S in the eggbowl?

vCash

Doesn't have to come off everything on campus, at least not instantly. The reason the M over S is only baseball so far is supposedly Polk II refused the Banner Mstate push onto the baseball team. Otherwise they would be wearing that stuff too. It is pretty overhwelming on fans wanting to get rid of Banner Mstate on athletic gear. As far as the telling the nation we are a baseball school, there are very few nationwide fans that care about college baseball so I doubt any nationwide casual football plans will hurt their brains on that one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    What will the melt down be when we trot those gold M over S in the eggbowl?
    Tulu already tweeted he likes the M over S logo. I hope it is gold M over S if they play like last night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintDawg View Post
    The Rocket M/Flying M does take some getting used to. I like it only because it's different. The Walking Bulldog has been very dear to me since I was a child. The running
    bulldog with the State flag is an original too.
    I would like to see the school go with an image that has been with the school for years. I do miss the diagonal MSU, but I'm afraid we cant get that back.
    Agree with your first post and this post. It is time to change. And the Flying M does have uniqueness that we should incorporate it with the Air Raid at times also. The internet responses after we won last night on this logo were great.

Peter Burns after the win:

https://twitter.com/PeterBurnsESPN/s...452340737?s=20

Tulu:

https://twitter.com/HailStateStool/s...624336900?s=20

Banned
    vCash

I don't trust that Banner M markets better because the ones in power researched it. This was a product of the LT era and we didn't even bother to check if the word State was centered. Trusting the group that got us a coach who lost to Maine and had us clothed by ****ing Russell Athletic to know what good marketing is when we've seen nothing of the sort from them is comically stupid.

vCash
    I don't trust that Banner M markets better because the ones in power researched it. This was a product of the LT era and we didn't even bother to check if the word State was centered. Trusting the group that got us a coach who lost to Maine and had us clothed by ****ing Russell Athletic to know what good marketing is when we've seen nothing of the sort from them is comically stupid.
    Agree - Twitter, other MSU polls, national media, and some players, are all responding about the M over S......I would like to know when did the university ever get that type of overwhelming feedback on the Banner Mstate, or if they researched that at all. It was lazy, just copying the Marshall Track logo and making it ours.
    The poll on genespage as of this morning shows 10% like Banner Mstate, and about 38% for M over S. The rest is split over Interlocking , and scripted State. Basically no one one wants Banner Mstate.
    They marketed a logo, put it all over campus for 17 years, and it still cannot generate much support.

vCash
    You don't trust. So you have no facts on the matter. Also your credibility on this is zero. You've already been caught lying about the A being centered.

vCash
    Agree - Twitter, other MSU polls, national media, and some players, are all responding about the M over S......I would like to know when did the university ever get that type of overwhelming feedback on the Banner Mstate, or if they researched that at all. It was lazy, just copying the Marshall Track logo and making it ours.
    The poll on genespage as of this morning shows 10% like Banner Mstate, and about 38% for M over S. The rest is split over Interlocking , and scripted State. Basically no one one wants Banner Mstate.

Banned
    vCash
    You don't trust. So you have no facts on the matter. Also your credibility on this is zero. You've already been caught lying about the A being centered.
    What? Look at your profile pic. Are you trying to gaslight me? The A is not center. The word State is, but they didn't bother to shrink the E length to make it aesthetic.

And buddy you're the one trusting. YOU have no evidence on the matter. The burden of proof is not on me. It's on you. All available market research points to the Banner M being universally loathed by a majority of the fanbase.

vCash
    The MState is all over campus. On everything. That's my evidence.

You DO NOT KNOW what research went to it.

Final 4s. #1 in football. Most program wins. But dwell on Maine, brilliant.

Banned
    vCash
    The MState is all over campus. On everything. That's my evidence.

You DO NOT KNOW what research went to it.

Final 4s. #1 in football. Most program wins. But dwell on Maine, brilliant.
    MoverS is the only one with a natty and has never lost on our football helmets. Cope.

Again I don't have to know what research it went you. You're the one claiming it happened. I'm telling you that I don't think it did and think those in power blindly believed they knew what was best. Which is not a Mississippi State exclusive trait. Show me where they listened to the people since you trust they did. I'm willing to be proven wrong if you can produce anything showing support for that logo.