Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If you?re not bought into....

vCash
    Not nice
    Last edited by MrCoachKlein; 10-31-2021 at 12:16 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TALL DAWG View Post
    Have a real shot at 7-5?? Get that crap out of here as we have a shot at 8-4!
    Get THAT crap out of here. We'll be 10-3 after we win the Sugar Bowl!

(Assuming Alabama doesn't lose twice and sneak us into Atlanta, giving us a shot at 11-3 instead.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    We have a two time national coach of the Year and he?s winning. And people are still whining. It?s ridiculous and points to why we are perceived as the most ignorant fan base in the sec.
    That's because we actually have the most ignorant fan base in the sec.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    They were ranked 12 and 6-1. If you're gonna have this mentality right after the game you need to see a therapist about the lack of ability to be optimistic. It's unhealthy to always find something to nitpick and try to rain on other's parades. To quote the great Michael Jordan, Stop it. Get some help.
    Totally agree. Go **** yourselves if you are still hating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    That's because we actually have the most ignorant fan base in the sec.
    Starting to believe that unfortunately

vCash
    In my family, you were deemed a State fan at birth ... for me, that was 72 years ago yesterday. My attitude lately has been a wait and see mode, while trying to maintain hope. And, I am now tentatively beginning to buy in.

My analytical knowledge does not come anywhere close to you guys, and I learn a lot reading your posts. My love of sports came from my Dad, who played high school football in the 30s. He taught me about the game. We lived to watch games together ... always picking opposite sides, except the State games of course, then harassing each other through the whole game. It is some of my best memories.

But, the most important thing he taught me about sports was not to take it so seriously that it takes away the enjoyment of the game. He taught me to lose, or win, with grace, or even humor. He taught me to keep it all in perspective.

Years later, Dad died with Alzheimer?s. There are worse things in this world .... much worse. But, he left me with such a legacy ... the true enjoyment of watching sports, and not taking myself or the game too seriously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg_Lover View Post
    In my family, you were deemed a State fan at birth ... for me, that was 72 years ago yesterday. My attitude lately has been a wait and see mode, while trying to maintain hope. And, I am now tentatively beginning to buy in.

My analytical knowledge does not come anywhere close to you guys, and I learn a lot reading your posts. My love of sports came from my Dad, who played high school football in the 30s. He taught me about the game. We lived to watch games together ... always picking opposite sides, except the State games of course, then harassing each other through the whole game. It is some of my best memories.

But, the most important thing he taught me about sports was not to take it so seriously that it takes away the enjoyment of the game. He taught me to lose, or win, with grace, or even humor. He taught me to keep it all in perspective.

Years later, Dad died with Alzheimer?s. There are worse things in this world .... much worse. But, he left me with such a legacy ... the true enjoyment of watching sports, and not taking myself or the game too seriously.
    Great post!

vCash
    I’m going to go ahead and buy in. This offense when run well and with a good ground game mixed in is formidable. Beating Kentucky should be expected and we need to stop slip ups like Memphis. If he closes the year with wins over Ark, TN State and Ole Miss I’ll be the biggest Leach fan ever. As it is he has the team clicking pretty well and getting us back to a bowl to continue the streak.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by K9 Avenger View Post
    This football program after tonight, you?re a dipshit with an agenda....
    I might have approached differently and massaged my attack on the mental midgets slightly different.

But yes. Get in or get out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I'm in! I had doubts but the Pirate may have had his best coaching job tonight. Play calling was great and Will Rogers is solid.
    Agreed 1000% . Will did a outstanding job mixing in the running plays and bringing balance. I believe in Will! I still don't think Leach called those run plays.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Get THAT crap out of here. We'll be 10-3 after we win the Sugar Bowl!

(Assuming Alabama doesn't lose twice and sneak us into Atlanta, giving us a shot at 11-3 instead.)
    There you go! Believe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Agreed 1000% . Will did a outstanding job mixing in the running plays and bringing balance. I believe in Will! I still don't think Leach called those run plays.
    It was said in the broadcast that the first two rushing TD’s were in fact audibles at the line by Will Rogers!

Archimedes
    vCash
    The offense last night is what it needs to look like every game. 40-50% run to 50-60% pass. We leaned on their dl in the run game and they were worn out by the second half.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    But he did give Rodgers the leeway to check to the run and our running backs finally made some first people miss and cut backs to space.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    I heard similar statements about A&M after we beat them.
    TAMU was trending down when we beat them but that win on road was the best win of the year. UK next due to how we won and NCstate 3rd.

So we are 500 - two good wins, two bad losses. Everything else as expected except how we looked. Looked like crap against Latech and Bama but again 1-1 there.

Don't give me but we beat Vandy. Vandy is as much an auto win as TSU.

Our real season started last night - we are 1-0 with a more effective O. Looking to win some more. Ark and OM probably not as good as everyone got fired up about early season. Aub appears to be improving.

vCash
    How did this team loose to Memphis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    Because of SEC officiating period.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    Same way they lost to LSU and almost to LaTech. Some of it's on Leach and some on poor play. We look unfocused a lot of times. We start games with tempo and then just stop. We go back to crawling slow. We've been very undisciplined with all the penalties. Special teams are bad. They're just bad outside Tulu on kickoffs and he made a mistake last night. But it looks like Leach is loosening the reigns a little finally. We still have a ways to go but at least it's improving.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Because of SEC officiating period.
    Speaking of SEC officiating, how does a back judge call holding on an offensive lineman? I’m pretty sure that’s not his key.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg_Lover View Post

Awesome, like you said it's a game, we should all relax and enjoy life and not get all wrapped up with sports. Amazing how we fans attack one another like politics. I stated last night in another post I have changed my mind about Leach. Last night was fun to watch.

HailState!