Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another trash job by Cohen

vCash
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ari Gold again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    So... I don’t give a shit if we lost all 4 non conference games that same year
    we won the ****ing west , played in Atl and damn near beat the future national champs Tennessee
    Of course this should be displayed in the stadium…it’s a no brainer - I can’t believe anyone would even argue against it.

vCash
    So... I don’t give a shit if we lost all 4 non conference games that same year
    we won the ****ing west , played in Atl and damn near beat the future national champs Tennessee
    Ok, fine. Yall are still bitching just to bitch. If you truly think our athletic dept hasn't been constantly promoting our baseball NC, across all mediums at our disposal, you haven't been paying attention.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Ok, fine. Yall are still bitching just to bitch. If you truly think our athletic dept hasn't been constantly promoting our baseball NC, across all mediums at our disposal, you haven't been paying attention.
    Right, we had the ceremonies for the Natty. This was a recognition at a highly attended football game…it’s like people don’t know the difference between a ceremony and the simple “recognizing” which shouldn’t be a full blown production. That’s what the thing at Dudy Noble was for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    Right, we had the ceremonies for the Natty. This was a recognition at a highly attended football game…it’s like people don’t know the difference between a ceremony and the simple “recognizing” which shouldn’t be a full blown production. That’s what the thing at Dudy Noble was for.
    Exactly.

Our offense should've protested this insult by kneeling every down and pointing to the stands where the Baseball team was sitting.**

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    So if we Win the west going forward in football we shouldn?t promote that at or one the stadium..?? slap it on on the side where the retired names are ..
    hell If that?s the case take down all the NIT banners in the hump.. or all the years we won the west in baseball
    I think all those Stan's Western division banners are a joke. Some of those years we didn't even make the tourney.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    MSU celebrates mediocrity more than just about any school I know. It's the reason we call Jackie Sherrill "Kang" even though he's a career .500 coach & 16 games under .500 in SEC play or why our fans long for a basketball coach who never made it out the 1st weekend of the NCAA Tourney. The only sport we don't accept anything less than competing for championships is baseball & it's no shock it's our best sport. "MSU where as long as you try & stick around for a long time we'll love you forever."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    MSU celebrates mediocrity more than just about any school I know. It's the reason we call Jackie Sherrill "Kang" even though he's a career .500 coach & 16 games under .500 in SEC play or why our fans long for a basketball coach who never made it out the 1st weekend of the NCAA Tourney. The only sport we don't accept anything less than competing for championships is baseball & it's no shock it's our best sport. "MSU where as long as you try & stick around for a long time we'll love you forever."
    You just broke bones with that post, IYOK...

Absolute truth.

vCash
    Worse yet, we hold that mediocrity against the "new" guys that some don't like simply because they aren't the old mediocre guys.

vCash
    1998 Western Division Champions is the same as 2021 Western Division Champs.. if that’s mediocrity for out football program then we might as well stop playing..

I agree with the basketball take 100%...
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 11-02-2021 at 07:32 AM.

vCash
    I think all those Stan's Western division banners are a joke. Some of those years we didn't even make the tourney.

I agree . Just my point . We throw those up and yet we don’t recognize Something that is as hard or harder to do than almost anything we currently acknowledge
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 11-02-2021 at 07:29 AM.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    I don?t get bent out of shape about these things too much, but the acknowledgment of the baseball team was absolutely botched. They were so rushed, the camera was rushing off the field and filming the grass when POY Tanner Allen and Lenon were announced! It was botched.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    No one said let’s have an long long ceremony..
    but we had a chance to let kids have their moment again in front of 50k , with their rings , with fans that couldn’t make it to the Dude..
    Hell we couldn’t even get to hear them say Tanner Allen’s name over the fact the official was blowing his whistle to start the 2nd quarter and we were scrambling to get the guys off the field..

I talked to a coach on the team Sunday and even he said it was unorganized , they weren’t sure where to go and got rushed off. Not my words his.. I could tell he thought it was going to be a MUCH bigger deal than what it was.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    I don?t get bent out of shape about these things too much, but the acknowledgment of the baseball team was absolutely botched. They were so rushed, the camera was rushing off the field and filming the grass when POY Tanner Allen and Lenon were announced! It was botched.

Publicizing and I guess planning the event for the last 3 months and It looks like a fire drill when it takes place.. it was embarrassing..

vCash
    They had a parade through the city followed by a celebration at the stadium with 15K. On top of that they?ve been treated like gods for the past 4 months. They then had a nice ring ceremony for the players, families, and friends. I can promise you they didn?t care how long the ceremony on the field was. Most were probably ready to get back to their seats to be with their dates. The team has moved on to the upcoming season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    They had a parade through the city followed by a celebration at the stadium with 15K. On top of that they?ve been treated like gods for the past 4 months. They then had a nice ring ceremony for the players, families, and friends. I can promise you they didn?t care how long the ceremony on the field was. Most were probably ready to get back to their seats to be with their dates. The team has moved on to the upcoming season.
    I agree, the team has had a ton of recognition and had a great ceremony, recognition at Dudy, the trophy was shown all over Miss at meetings or functions. The baseball appearance at the football football game was a recognition just like any other sport. I'm not mad at all about last Saturday and the team rushed on the field and off, hell I know we won the Natty and damn proud of it!

Banned
    vCash
    I hope our ceremony in 3 months during the TV timeout at the halfway point of the first half of the Saturday January 15th home basketball game against Alabama is planned better. If not then we'll need to figure something else out for the 6th different recognition of our baseball team. Maybe we can interrupt a Tennis game and stop the game for a full hour. Yea, sounds like a swell idea.

vCash
    I will say this ..
    it is embarrassing it was done between the 1st and 2nd quarter..
    ****ing embarrassing .. and trust me it?s not just some ED posters on here.. there are some if time money guys that were pissed and are going to little Cohen and company know about it..

I don?t give a shit if it was homecoming it deserved the middle of the field and as much time as they wanted..
    It?s really hard to **** that up and we did.

Also is there nothing on the stadium that shows we were 1998 SEC west champs ?? Why?? There is a SEC west 2002 champ hanging in Oxford for something they didn?t even win..

If we would spend less time worrying about the ****ing 4th quarter light show maybe things would improve

And if you don?t have a problem with how we acknowledged the ONLY Natty this school or any school in the state has won then you are part of the problem..
    Repped
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    I would've waited until the Egg Bowl to honor the baseball team, and done it at halftime.

vCash
    The only reason those things are celebrated is because that is the best we got. We celebrate excellence. Is it our goal - no. We celebrated going to Omaha like crazy even though we never won it. Now we have and everyone acts like we won it because we wanted to win it. We all want MSU to win in everything - frisbee golf even.

The flip side of the mediocre comment bites us in the butt when some of our fans criticize Leach or current failures (not even 500 ball) for not achieving those with high expectations are called loser fans or trolls.

Which one is it?