Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If we win Saturday, will you buy in?

vCash
    Yes. That would more or less ensure a 6+ win season and bowl game. The issue is that next years season is setting up to be one of our tougher schedules and we are playing AT Kentucky, Ole Miss and Arizona. A losing season this year and we are flirting with back to back seasons with no bowl game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Not buying our fans suck Todd.
    They are pretty bad right now. We are the only team in the league with a winning record who has not sold out a game this year. And we haven't even come close.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    I like Leach personally but hate his offense.... It's gonna take way more than a win against Kentucky to win me over and I'm not sure a win there would even be a start. For me this won't happen until possibly next year if we see more SEC wins and scoring improvement and I believe that will take a major adjustment to his current scheme ..... I really hope to be won over but it won't happen this year
    Tough crowd. If a 5-3 record (3-2 sec) with three top 25 wins is not enough to get fans to buy in, I'm not sure said fans will ever buy in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Yes. That would more or less ensure a 6+ win season and bowl game. The issue is that next years season is setting up to be one of our tougher schedules and we are playing AT Kentucky, Ole Miss and Arizona. A losing season this year and we are flirting with back to back seasons with no bowl game.
    4 non con (Arizona is horrible right now)
    OM loses 17 starters and a first round qb
    Ark, Aggie, auburn at home.

Path to 7-5 is there.

vCash
    Mullen's average recruiting ranking was 27th with three years being bad 2010 30th, 2011 41st, 2014 36th. The dude was all over the place and his wins and losses matched, we weren't a consistent team.

This is technically Leach's 3rd class if we finish this year where we currently are which is 29th Leach will have put together 2020 28th, 2021 26th, 2022 29th, classes. That's good for the 27.5 average class thus far, IF Tripp is right and we land who he thinks we will land and we finish in the top 25 that drops our class a spot or two and we are looking to be way less volatile in recruiting as what Mullen gave us, which will mean our wins and losses will not be so drastic. 2015 9 wins, 2016 5 wins. Also, many people on here have said plenty that Mullen left big cracks in our recruiting year in and year out, and it looks like Leach doesn't do that. So if you add together that we look like we are going to be a more steady and consistent recruiting team with signing the appropriate guys to not have big holes. This is a major improvement over the past decade which was our best decade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Tough crowd. If a 5-3 record (3-2 sec) with three top 25 wins is not enough to get fans to buy in, I'm not sure said fans will ever buy in.
    I agree! But, I think people are holding onto our losses against Memphis and LSU a little more than they are holding onto our four wins. Which is stupid. Memphis was stolen and LSU was STUPID lack of focus mistakes that we still almost won.

vCash
    Doubtful....even if his air raid is somewhat successful...it just ain't football to my way of thinking

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    Why?? I posted above the recruits that we are likely to finish with. If you use the "class calculator" feature on 247, and if you do the math that finish would've put us at 17-18 last year...I'm confused by your post??
    You have 10 guys listed. W taking 2 at wr. That means we would have to get 8 out of 9 to finish at that number and that's not counting and losses that might come along as well. Just get a class about 25th and I'd be tickled.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    You realize Arizona hasn't won a game since October 5, 2019? They're probably going 0-fer again this year.

That game isn't even our toughest non-conference game next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    I know many are still reluctant to fully support Leach. Will you buy in if we Saturday?
    How do you define buy in? Kinda a loaded questions.

Does it mean if someone buys in you think Leach can win a championship? beat blue bloods? go bowling most of the time? Or does it mean, someone will never say a bad word about Leach ever again?

If we can win 2 of 4 remaining SEC games, I'll feel better about Leach being able to get us 6-7 wins a year and not implode our program.

If you can hang being all in on one game then you can lose being all in on losing one game. So which game if we lose are yall all out?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    You realize Arizona hasn't won a game since October 5, 2019? They're probably going 0-fer again this year.

That game isn't even our toughest non-conference game next year.
    Yeah they presently own the longest current losing streak in the country I believe.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Historically- Leach was having to raise the talent level at the school he was at. Here- Year 3 is going to see a talent drop with all that we are likely to lose.
    We can potentially bring back 16 starters plus we get back the best defensive lineman on our roster who isn’t playing this year. We will lose some high end talent with Cross and Emerson and potentially Polk and Crumedy (I think those 2 return possibly) but we return a shit load of starters next year (potentially). There is always the chance that some of the guys who can return decide to go be a free agent that doesn’t get drafted though.
    Last edited by Jarius; 10-29-2021 at 04:42 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    How do you define buy in? Kinda a loaded questions.

Does it mean if someone buys in you think Leach can win a championship? beat blue bloods? go bowling most of the time? Or does it mean, someone will never say a bad word about Leach ever again?

If we can win 2 of 4 remaining SEC games, I'll feel better about Leach being able to get us 6-7 wins a year and not implode our program.

If you can hang being all in on one game then you can lose being all in on losing one game. So which game if we lose are yall all out?
    Buy in meaning glad he is our coach and support him bc you believe he can average a 7-5 regular season like Dan did.

If we win two teaming sec games we will be 7-5.

I'm not basing it on one game. This would give us 3 wins over teams that will be currently ranked in the top 25 as of Halloween and a bowl season in year two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    We can potentially bring back 16 starters plus we get back the best defensive lineman on our roster who isn’t playing this year. We will lose some high end talent with Cross and Emerson and potentially Polk and Crumedy (I think those 2 return possibly) but we return a shit load of starters next year (potentially). There is always the chance that some of the guys who can return decide to go be a free agent that doesn’t get drafted though.
    OL is the only spot that will get hit hard. I think we move Dollar Bill back to RT and start Cole Smith at guard so we'll have three guys that have starting experience. Could change based on the JUCO signees and the portal plus we need to find a center. Could be Boone or Reed Buys. They may give Smith another look there too in the spring.
    We'll see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Take bad Ref call away in one game and a few bad plays away from another game we only have one lose but we would still be the same team.
    The Memphis game was poor game management. When you need a ref?s poor call to win vs Memphis?..well that really tells the tale. I?m definitely not flaming you JL.

The best advice Leach could have gotten from a pass happy successful coach was from Spurrier who learned this once he got to the SEC. Spurrier told Leach to be successful in the SEC you have to do things offensively that you are not comfortable with?..use a TE and run the ball much more then you are accustomed to doing. He has ignored that advice, but hopefully it eventually sinks in.

vCash
    It's hard to fully buy in to a coach that hasn't adjusted since 2008. Supportive maybe. Buying in - no. I will buy in when Leach decides that a QB going under center needs to atleast be in the playbook.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    It's hard to fully buy in to a coach that hasn't adjusted since 2008. Supportive maybe. Buying in - no. I will buy in when Leach decides that a QB going under center needs to atleast be in the playbook.
    We haven't had more than about 10 plays under center since 2009. Football has changed and most teams rarely have a qb under center even in goal line.

vCash
    Most of the people I know who are going to games has nothing to do with Leach it has to do with Cohen and his desire to be the second coming of LT.

vCash
    Winning this games guarantees a 6-6 record at worst. It's about keeping up a little momentum, especially on the recruiting side. We've got a legit shot to finish top 25 if we flip a couple and sign a couple others. It's trending to the positive. That's what winning today is about. The long game of the full season is important.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Welcome back, Cooter!