Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Why is our fanbase not showing up?

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Because the last two coaches cannot string together two good games in a row.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Hard to watch???

Croom teams were hard to watch.
    Crook teams didn?t sell out either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    This offense has to start finding some big plays for people to get excited.

Not sure that'll happen until we get more dynamic at QB
    If we had a QB that could scan a couple receivers and then take off and put the defense in a huge bind, the air raid would be bad ass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    Look at MSU history..
    5. Last but not least most people expect somebody else to step up. Ex. all the Democrats on this board wanting to spend somebody else's money.
    How much have you hoarded away? Is it enough? Did your kids go to private school? Have you ever helped anyone in your life? Do you have offshore tax shelters? How many homes do you have? Why is it so difficult for you to understand that people earning $8 an hour can?t even buy them a place to live? Why does anyone deserve less than you? Yeah I know you worked hard. People work hard no matter what. Can your feeble mind comprehend showing someone their worth by paying them enough to have a home, food, ability to pay bills, buy their kids school clothes! How much money did dad leave you? Have you ever suffered?

So tired of this arrogant white people bullshit. **** you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    Our fan base does not care about football. There is a reason State has sucked for the majority of the time. There just aren?t enough of us that care.
    BS .. meanwhile, real fans have been there through Tech and 10! Each and every year .. me back to Charlie Shira!
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    If we had a QB that could scan a couple receivers and then take off and put the defense in a huge bind, the air raid would be bad ass.
    And at that point, it?d no longer be the true AirRaid, which is what Leach wants. There are tons of dual threat QBs on the west coast. There?s a reason Will?s only other P5 offer was at way across the country at WSU. That?s what Leach wants. He inherited the QB he was recruiting. This is the AirRaid- exactly what you see every Saturday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    BS .. meanwhile, real fans have been there through Tech and 10! Each and every year .. me back to Charlie Shira!
    He?s not wrong. We have been conditioned by this administration to embrace being a baseball school. That we can?t compete in other arenas and thus should focus on baseball. Why be a nobody at the MGM Grand when we can rule the Golden Nugget? Know your role. We have watched complacently as Cohen destroyed WBB and ran off Vic so that there was no competition for money being spent on secondary sports outside of baseball. You can act like Hot Rock?s not a real fan for saying it, but if you are a real fan, you?ll have a hard time disputing it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TALL DAWG View Post
    We could be rather easily be sitting
    here 6-1 and ranked in top 20.
    If there were the case, would we be having this discussion about attendance?
    I think not.
    If the team competed we would be 6-1, that's the problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    If the team competed we would be 6-1, that's the problem.
    No, if Brandon Ruiz were healthy we?d be 6-1

vCash
    It would be the air raid with a QB with a "pull down the icons" mentality when the defense is all 12 yards off the ball. Force them up and we torch them with crossers. Can't follow your man if the QB is going to gain 6 up the middle every single time you do.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SailingDawg View Post
    How much have you hoarded away? Is it enough? Did your kids go to private school? Have you ever helped anyone in your life? Do you have offshore tax shelters? How many homes do you have? Why is it so difficult for you to understand that people earning $8 an hour can?t even buy them a place to live? Why does anyone deserve less than you? Yeah I know you worked hard. People work hard no matter what. Can your feeble mind comprehend showing someone their worth by paying them enough to have a home, food, ability to pay bills, buy their kids school clothes! How much money did dad leave you? Have you ever suffered?

Nah bro **** you. It sucks if you only 8 dollars an hour. I worked my ass off so I didn't have to live like that and you expect me to take the money I actually worked for and give it to someone else? How about they go and make themselves worth more. To bring up someones skin color is just dumb. I'm tired of the woah me mentality. Get off your ass and earn it and quit expecting a handout. I wasn't given any handouts to get where I am.

vCash
    It would be the air raid with a QB with a "pull down the icons" mentality when the defense is all 12 yards off the ball. Force them up and we torch them with crossers. Can't follow your man if the QB is going to gain 6 up the middle every single time you do.
    Yes, but Leach doesn?t want that and actively avoids recruiting a QB with that mindset. If WE could tweak it, it looks simple, but Leach has no nor has he ever had interest in that type of QB. You?re probably just gonna have to let that go, or you?re gonna be in for a bad time.

vCash

So racism is ok on this board now? 17ing unbelievable.

vCash
    As a teacher- I deal with way too many kids everyday that do nothing to attempt to make themselves more employable in the future.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    And it is going to get worse. We often think we are making progress without realizing that the road to ruin is oft paved with good intention.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    As a teacher- I deal with way too many kids everyday that do nothing to attempt to make themselves more employable in the future.
    Amen to that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Because for generations they?ve been told they?re not worth a shit. They hear how their parents and grandparents have been treated. It?s not the welfare state. Most kid?s parents I met work two jobs. What if that parent were paid enough to maintain her household so she could be home when the gets get off the bus? What if she was told she was valuable no matter her employment position? I know this is far fetched for y?all. And don?t worry, no one here makes enough for any upcoming tax plan (for our horrible infrastructure) to affect your income.

vCash
    Crook teams didn?t sell out either.
    Yea they did. In 2007. The only year we were decent.

vCash
    Because for generations they?ve been told they?re not worth a shit. They hear how their parents and grandparents have been treated. It?s not the welfare state. Most kid?s parents I met work two jobs. What if that parent were paid enough to maintain her household so she could be home when the gets get off the bus? What if she was told she was valuable no matter her employment position? I know this is far fetched for y?all. And don?t worry, no one here makes enough for any upcoming tax plan (for our horrible infrastructure) to affect your income.
    I made $8.50 an hour at two different jobs. Took out student loans to go to school bc I was non scholarship. Anybody can get those (though I wouldn't advise it for everyone). Got a degree and now make a living. Anybody can do that.

But school is not for everyone. Go learn a trade. Small loans for vocational training are available and can achieve that. Plumbers are making bank now. Electricians doing well too. Painters. Brick masons.

It's all about initiative. We just have to do a better job of impressing this upon youth. You can be successful if you work. We've gotten away from that.
    Last edited by confucius say; 10-29-2021 at 11:03 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
    So racism is ok on this board now? 17ing unbelievable.
    Who said anything about racism? We all go to the same public schools (except the rich folks who go to private schools), and somehow we commmonors managed to get a college education in order to compete/live in a technically advanced world. So what separate the haves and the have nots for most people? It goes back to the family unit, the parents. My parents threaten me within an inch of my life TELLING me that I would get a college education so I would have it somewhat better than my parents. They did not want me to be exactly like them economically. They stayed on my ass to make sure I studied, made good grades and made damn sure I stayed away fro bad influences/gangs.

And no it is not a poor vs middle class either as I grew up POOR - lived in a tar paper shack with no running water for the first 5 years of my life, then in a company owned concrete house. If I can make it our of poverty so can anyone else, except for the mentally challenged and that is another story.

It goes back to the family unit and the parents!!! I thank GOD for my parents and the positive impact they had on my life!

I do not buy the racism garbage nor that they are poor excuse. It is only an excuse to NOT be all you can be! Hold you own self accountable for your actions and the choices you make in life. Do not expect others to come to the rescue because you were to dumb or stupid or lazy to do what is required in today's world to make a decent living.