Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is our fanbase not showing up?

vCash

Why is our fanbase not showing up?

Still nowhere close to a sellout this week.
    Huge game. KY playing for a NY6 bid. We are playing to secure a bowl. Cheap tickets.

KY, OM, Ark have all sold out this year.
    Why are we refusing to show up?

vCash
    1. Covid
    2. We don't live in a major population center, so the time commitment is significantly higher than say a resident of Baton Rouge or Lexington.
    3. Some folks are still mad about Leach being hired
    4. TV broadcasts look great
    5. We've improved, but we aren't hyped. If the A&M win came AFTER they beat bama, things would be different. Same with NCSt. We didn't get press worthy of those wins because we didn't know how good they were when they happened. This is the reason why Arky and OM have had sellouts and we haven't.
    6. Economy is weird and going to a game is a sizable investment for a lot of people - this is both a reference to inflation and rising economic inequality

Take your pick.
    WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING?!?

vCash
    Sitting in front of 65" flat screen >>> Stinky cups and hard pretzels.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogDX55 View Post
    1. Covid
    2. We don't live in a major population center, so the time commitment is significantly higher than say a resident of Baton Rouge or Lexington.
    5. We've improved, but we aren't hyped. If the A&M win came AFTER they beat bama, things would be different. Same with NCSt. We didn't get press worthy of those wins because we didn't know how good they were when they happened. This is the reason why Arky and OM have had sellouts and we haven't.
    6. Economy is weird and going to a game is a sizable investment for a lot of people - this is both a reference to inflation and rising economic inequality

Take your pick.
    All of this.

I think people just weren't excited about the season & that led to poor season ticket sales, which leads to poor attendance.

We need to create some excitement down the stretch to help season ticket sales next year, which will lead to larger crowds.

As for Ark, OM, & KY, you're talking about 3 teams that have different circumstances than us.

Ark fans are starved for winning & got a little winning. It'll be interesting to see if they continue to sell out now that they're falling back to Earth.

OM wasn't selling out until they had a great season going & a huge home game. The Alabama game for us would've sold out if we were 5-0 at the time.

KY is having a great season & is in a fairly large city. Low investment for fans
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Our fan base does not care about football. There is a reason State has sucked for the majority of the time. There just aren’t enough of us that care.

Then there the ones that only support the team part time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogDX55 View Post
    1. Covid

Take your pick.
    1. So we worry more about covid than ark, OM, and Ky? Not buying.
    2. This hasn't stopped us from selling games out in years past.
    3. Viable answer.
    4. It looks great for ark, OM, and ky fans too.
    5. Viable answer. But doesn't say much for our football iq.
    6. Doesn't stop om, ark, and ky. Maybe we are just poorer though.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Hate the style of play we are playing now.

vCash
    Well to be fair, MS is the Covid hotspot for the past several months. Ole Miss people don’t care about Covid, remember they are invincible. Plus this IS THEIR ONLY CHANCE AT A RELEVANT SEASON. Certainly not basketball and I think they know not baseball either.

vCash
    Look at MSU history.
    1. First, if the team is not wining nobody cares enough to come = very fair weather fans.
    2. Bunch of rednecks that would rather hunt than attend a game in person.
    3. Easier to watch and drink at home, this is my excuse plus I am 71 and don't care for the extra aggravation.
    4. State has always been a cheap fan base, people have other things that they need to do with their limited income than give to the school.
    5. Last but not least most people expect somebody else to step up. Ex. all the Democrats on this board wanting to spend somebody else's money.

vCash
    Just looking around a few games on stubhub, and here's a few cheapest ticket prices...

OM at auburn - $55
    Florida - Georgia - $85
    Us - $14
    Saints hosting tom brady - $58

These all seem really low for the level of game. People just aren't attending like they did pre-covid

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    Well to be fair, MS is the Covid hotspot for the past several months. Ole Miss people don’t care about Covid, remember they are invincible. Plus this IS THEIR ONLY CHANCE AT A RELEVANT SEASON. Certainly not basketball and I think they know not baseball either.
    Our numbers have been dropping like a rock for the last several weeks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    This is me. It's hard enough to watch on TV
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Our numbers have been dropping like a rock for the last several weeks.
    Yes along with numbers every else but remember at beginning of the season MS was the hotspot of the world according to CDC.

vCash
    Why I?m not going::

-Three hr drive one way
    -It?s Kentucky
    -Hotels expensive
    -shitty bleacher seats
    -Competition for my discretionary money in more appealing

vCash
    I'm personally not as into it as I was pre-covid. Just different life things in general happening. I don't think our fanbase is big enough to compensate for a lot of the reasons stated here, where as others can. Ole Miss is having a good season and a lot of their fans make Ole Miss their entire identity, so no way they are not going all in right now. I mean a lot of these guys will wear an Ole Miss polo every day of the week including to church.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    This is me. It's hard enough to watch on TV
    We sold out under Joe when we would have less than 250 yards of offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    We sold out under Joe when we would have less than 250 yards of offense.
    Still had some Mullen-effect and optimism left. Optimism level is much lower now than it was for 2018
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    Same for me. Very hard to watch.

vCash
    I agree with all of the above.

In addition, just win and the crowds will return. I think this is true with most all programs regardless of the sport.

vCash
    Hard to watch???

Croom teams were hard to watch.