Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: M over S helmets this weekend

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Better than the mock-ups. Now let's see if adidas shits the bed on the jerseys and pants. Maroon Hat, Maroon Jersey, Gray Pants. Script State instead of banner Mississippi State on chest. No overly tire treaded jersey. It's simple. Dont **** it up.
    This. And KEEP it for every game

vCash
    [QUOTE=ScoobaDawg;1376153]Not sure if a joke or not... I hope it is

They are honoring the National Championship MSU Baseball team; USE the baseball logo!
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Baseball is a niche sport that very few people see or care about. The best logo we have being kept sacred for a minor sport makes very little sense. Especially when the other options we have are so poor.
    Niche sport? Very few people care about? were you making a joke?

If this is for honoring the baseball team I am all for it. As for a standard going for, this is a weak move riding on the coattails of a NICHE sports program. Which happens to be the best program State has currently and traditionally. Win lose records historically prove it.
    Last edited by SilentSteel16; 10-26-2021 at 08:24 PM.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    Niche sport? Very few people care about? were you making a joke?

If this is for honoring the baseball team I am all for it. As for a standard going for, this is a weak move riding on the coattails of a NICHE sports program. Which happens to be the best program State has currently and traditionally. Win lose records historically prove it.
    No I’m not making a joke. Are you completely oblivious to how few people in the country keep up with college baseball? It’s a niche sport for the entire country outside of about 10 schools and no one outside a very few people invest in it at the college level. More people go to Football games when we are absolutely awful than do when we win the college World Series. How do you not know this? We are one of a handful of schools that don’t lose a ton of money on baseball at the college level. That is why there are 11.7 scholarships for baseball. Very few schools care.
    Last edited by Jarius; 10-26-2021 at 08:37 PM.

vCash
    Our current helmet logo is so bad I'd prefer them just leaving it off.

I'd be ok with making the M over S the school logo for everything. That is us and our brand. **** the "its only baseball" BS

But the MSU logo from the Jackie Era is the best one we have ever had or will have. It's ridiculous we dont come up with a version of that on run with it. I dont buy anything with the current logo and know others that do the same
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Very cool for 1 weekend and 1 weekend only.

vCash
    Helmet would look great with pinstripes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

I'd be ok with making the M over S the school logo for everything. That is us and our brand. **** the "its only baseball" BS

But the MSU logo from the Jackie Era is the best one we have ever had or will have. It's ridiculous we dont come up with a version of that on run with it. I dont buy anything with the current logo and know others that do the same
    Agree I hate the M banner helmet logo. Think I would rather have the rocket M

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    No I’m not making a joke. Are you completely oblivious to how few people in the country keep up with college baseball? It’s a niche sport for the entire country outside of about 10 schools and no one outside a very few people invest in it at the college level. More people go to Football games when we are absolutely awful than do when we win the college World Series. How do you not know this? We are one of a handful of schools that don’t lose a ton of money on baseball at the college level. That is why there are 11.7 scholarships for baseball. Very few schools care.
    You calling baseball a niche sport is a really bad take. Really bad. I would dare say that baseball is the most DIVERSE sport out there. With exception to soccer. Football, basketball, hockey, none of them can say that. Don’t be so narrow minded. Might want to get a definition of niche next time. Football is very much a regional sport. Hell, they have to put American Football on it so the rest of the world doesn’t think soccer.

Banned
    vCash
    You calling baseball a niche sport is a really bad take. Really bad. I would dare say that baseball is the most DIVERSE sport out there. With exception to soccer. Football, basketball, hockey, none of them can say that. Don’t be so narrow minded. Might want to get a definition of niche next time. Football is very much a regional sport. Hell, they have to put American Football on it so the rest of the world doesn’t think soccer.
    Baseball isn't niche but college baseball is. Otherwise it wouldn't need football to supplement its budget. This is a silly argument.

Banned
    vCash

25K posts and this one is definitely the most correct and least controversial one. Pearl clutching "tradition" is the only reason people can posit to stop from MoverS being everywhere. They should have went to Aggy land.

vCash
    It has been proven time and time again the SEC is the major contributor to our sports, yes football makes the most of individual sports but you are crazy if you think football is the reason we have additional sports at State.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoplectic View Post
    Pinstripes is a no go. Those ND pants looked awful when they did it. Pinstripes is a baseball pattern. Gray pants with white big stripe and outer maroon lining stripes on the sides is football. Period

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Niche - a specialized segment of the market for a particular kind of product or service

College baseball is a niche sport. I can’t help that you don’t know what you are talking about. Almost no one invests in it. I love MSU baseball but our school is in the extreme minority with investment into the sport.
    Last edited by Jarius; 10-26-2021 at 09:16 PM.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    It has been proven time and time again the SEC is the major contributor to our sports, yes football makes the most of individual sports but you are crazy if you think football is the reason we have additional sports at State.
    Football is the entire reason the sec is able to pay out so much money dude.

Banned
    vCash
    Should be our school wide logo. It’s our brand. Period

vCash
    We just won the whole damn thing in college baseball, but whether you guys like it or not it absolutely is a niche sport. The majority of people outside a few baseball schools with football teams that historically suck (sans FSU, Texas, and USC) couldn't care less about college baseball. IDGAF though and absolutely love it!

All that said I love the M over S and hope we adopt it for all sports.

vCash

I agree 100%. IMO, you can't beat those Nike interlocking MSU helmets, and those were the good dark true Maroon colored jerseys and not some of this off color maroon stuff. Don't know why our administration bought into the thinking that MState was such a great thing for our logo, other than somebody convinced them it was a good marketing tool, unique or whatever. We are MSU, Miss. State or State, and not MState. Now I may need to change my avatar? lol. I liked it because of the "Today.Tomorrow Forever."
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 10-26-2021 at 10:25 PM.

vCash
    Our current logo sucks re-fried ass, so I don't really care what else we put on the helmet as long as it's something different.

MoverS looks fine. Wouldn't be opposed to it every game. Interlocking MSU looks great too. Script State would be fine. Any of these are better options than the banner M-state that looks like a high school art class designed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoplectic View Post
    JMO but I think pinstripes would ruin the intent and look of the helmet. We don't have pinstripes on our Maroon MS Baseball caps.