Thread: I heard Joe Lee Dunn passed today

vCash

I heard Joe Lee Dunn passed today

Can't find any news on it. Anyone got/hear anything?

vCash
    that is what I heard also---He was one of my favorites.

vCash
    Hands down favorite DC. RIP Coach. Forever a Dawg.

#preventisforpansies #alloutblitz

vCash
    He actually saved Sherril's ass at one time but Sherill would never admit it

vCash
    Both tell of his passing. The 2nd link, from a Memphis Tigers forum, states he had Alzheimer?s, which usually shortens life.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/usdayne...unn-death/amp/

https://csnbbs.com/thread-933429.html

He was a great coach. RIP.

vCash
    I remember when Sherrill shook his hand and had an extended talk at midfield after beating om when he was head coach...I thought ...damn JWS is laying groundwork to hire him when they let him go....one time I was right......RIP JLD......a great DOG....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    He actually saved Sherril's ass at one time but Sherill would never admit it
    Jackie let JLD set his own schedule and run the D 100% how he wanted. JLD had it made at State

I hate hearing this. Makes me feel even older than I am.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Loved JLD! RIP!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Jackie let JLD set his own schedule and run the D 100% how he wanted. JLD had it made at State

With Smoot, Clinton, Bean and the rest of those guys you could blitz every play and get away with it. And he did.

vCash

This was Joe Lee Dunn's masterpiece to me even though he had a ton of other great games. Shut out Ole Miss in Oxford and we had 9 sacks, and the defense scored all of the points except for Matt Wyatt's two point conversion. Never seen a game like this before or since.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    With Smoot, Clinton, Bean and the rest of those guys you could blitz every play and get away with it. And he did.

I hated when he left State. I didn?t know any of the inside scoop as to why. All I knew was we would never have another like him. He is in a better place now, whole and healthy again. Hope he is playing a little golf, on the most beautiful course imaginable.
    * Foghorn Leghorn-isms *

> about as subtle as a hand grenade in a barrel of oatmeal.

> more mixed up than a feather in a whirlwind.

> gettin so deep the farmers have to jack up the cows so they can milk em.

> making more noise than a couple of skeletons dancing on a tin roof.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

This was Joe Lee Dunn's masterpiece to me even though he had a ton of other great games. Shut out Ole Miss in Oxford and we had 9 sacks, and the defense scored all of the points except for Matt Wyatt's two point conversion. Never seen a game like this before or since.
    Check out that ESPN2 logo, haha. That's old school, and I love it. RIP Joe Lee

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg_Lover View Post
    I hated when he left State. I didn?t know any of the inside scoop as to why. All I knew was we would never have another like him. He is in a better place now, whole and healthy again. Hope he is playing a little golf, on the most beautiful course imaginable.
    Demons don't want any part of the defense Joe Lee and the Angels will be bringing going forward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Demons don't want any part of the defense Joe Lee and the Angels will be bringing going forward.
    Hahaha 😂 Luv it! Well IMHO, Joe Lee was a defense savant. I can just hear him telling the Angels, We Got This!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

Me too coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg_Lover View Post
    https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...51&src=desktop

Stumbled across this when looking up JLD today. I was 12 in '03 so not too sure what all went down either but from the looks of it it seems there was some bad blood somewhere. Probably stemmed from the horrible product we put on the field Sherrill's last few years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...51&src=desktop

Stumbled across this when looking up JLD today. I was 12 in '03 so not too sure what all went down either but from the looks of it it seems there was some bad blood somewhere. Probably stemmed from the horrible product we put on the field Sherrill's last few years.

Thank you for sending. It was an interesting read, and I suspect you are right. It could be that sometimes egos can cause more harm than good.
    * Foghorn Leghorn-isms *

> about as subtle as a hand grenade in a barrel of oatmeal.

> more mixed up than a feather in a whirlwind.

> gettin so deep the farmers have to jack up the cows so they can milk em.

> making more noise than a couple of skeletons dancing on a tin roof.

vCash
    You’ll never convince me that the spirit of JLD wasn’t coaching on the sideline this past weekend. Our defense has one of their most commanding performances in recent memory the week that JLD passes. Oh yeah…he was smiling big.