vCash

First two years: Play sheet chewer v Pirate

Danny boy:

14-11 overall
    7-9 SEC
    2-8 V ranked teams.

13 points scored V Bama.

2-0 V The Pissers

Let us assume Leach does what Dan did his second year and wins out the last half. (remove the Alabama game because it was played earlier than what Dan played it in 2010)

assuming we win the bowl game:

14-10 overall
    9-7 SEC
    5-9 V ranked teams. Ole miss is going to be ranked when we play team. Idk where Auburn will be. If they are ranked then the needle moves to 6-10

Edit: 9 points scored V bama.

1-1 V the Pissers. could be 2-0 without a fluke fumble.

That's with an all SEC schedule last year, you add in a few more wins for Leach with Cupcakes from last year. overall is better.
    Last edited by Maverick91; 10-26-2021 at 12:19 PM.

vCash
    now do it if we lose out with the exception of the gimme game.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    You're doing on the premise we win out. Good grief...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Yeah. That is an asinine assumption.

vCash
    lol. Wut?

We aren’t winning out. We will probably go 2-3 in our last 5. No clue on the bowl. So add 1 more SEC win. 1 more OOC win. And 3 more sec losses to your totals for Leach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    Danny boy:

14-11 overall
    7-9 SEC
    2-8 V ranked teams.

13 points scored V Bama.

2-0 V The Pissers

Let us assume an optimistic but realistic finish of 1 win out of UK and Ark to get to 6-6

assuming we win the bowl game:

11-13 overall
    6-10 SEC
    4-10 V ranked teams. Ole miss is going to be ranked when we play team. Idk where Auburn will be. If they are ranked then the needle moves to 4-11

9 pts against Bama

0-2 v the Pissers. could be 1-1 without a fluke fumble.

That's with an all SEC schedule last year and COVID so the comparisons aren't very meaningful regardless. Year 3 is going to be the tale of the tape. Mullen went 6-6 because he left too many holes in recruiting, primarily on the OL. Leach's recruiting doesn't look great, but if he can get to 6-6 this year and take another step forward next year, that will be really encouraging.
    FTFY. Maybe. I could have easily screwed up those records.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    8-15 overall
    5-13 SEC
    3-9 V ranked teams.

I just don't think that is happening. We have a higher likelihood to be 50/50 than to lose out.

vCash
    Really? Come on, like seriously.

We match up well with Kentucky and ARky, I think we match up well with pissers and its the egg and its at home. at worst lets call these games 50/50. Well 50/50 goes to the home team, so 2-1 there.

TSU 1
    Auburn loss.

Fine we finish 7-5. and we get a bowl game.

vCash

We match up well with Kentucky and ARky, I think we match up well with pissers and its the egg and its at home. at worst lets call these games 50/50. Well 50/50 goes to the home team, so 2-1 there.

TSU 1
    Auburn loss.

This is on the posi-side, but still realistic. Running the table is not realistic

vCash
    Also what Dan inherited and what Leach inherited is two different things. Dan inherited one winning season in 8 years. Leach inherited 9 or 10 straight bowls.

I'm good with winning 6 at this point but next year the needle should start to move if we are doing anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Yeah this guy apparently has seen auburn Kentucky and ole miss play.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Wasn't one of your big beefs with Mullen is that he never beat teams that finished ranked in the AP top 25?

Leach already has one with Texas AM and another possibly with NC State

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Yeah this guy apparently has seen auburn Kentucky and ole miss play.
    How much you wanna bet on it? I'll lay 10-1 odds

vCash

TSU 1
    Auburn loss.

I think this is the order of the difficulty of our final games ( hardest to easiest)

1. @Auburn
    2. Home vs Ole miss
    3. Home vs Kentucky
    4. @ Arky
    5. Tennessee st at home

I think we win ATLEAST 2 of those ... I think Kentucky is better than Arkansas rn

I have already put auburn in the loss column ... I think they are about to start rolling after that Arkansas win

Tennessee ST is a lock

I think we will beat Arkansas... I think they were massively overrated this year and should have never been close to the top 10.

This weekend will tell me if we have a shot in the egg bowl... if we beat Kentucky we have a shot at 8-4... if we get blown out... we will be in a fight for a bowl game

Really interested in this Ole miss- Auburn game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    Wasn't one of your big beefs with Mullen is that he never beat teams that finished ranked in the AP top 25?
    My problems with Mullen was the playcalling in 2014 Bama game, the flirtation with Minnesota and Maryland, all the behind the scenes with Miami before the 2015 Egg Bowl with the Sugar Bowl on the line, and his lack of OL and WR recruiting

vCash

We match up well with Kentucky and ARky,
    They match-up with us well too. We give up a ton of big plays and UPig is one of the best in the SEC in chunk plays. Both have 2 weeks to get ready for us. We could easily lose both of these. Could win them too. Should be good games.

We are a definite underdog in the other 2

vCash
    We aren't winning out so there's that........Come back to us in a little over a month............
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    My problems with Mullen was the playcalling in 2014 Bama game, the flirtation with Minnesota and Maryland, all the behind the scenes with Miami before the 2015 Egg Bowl with the Sugar Bowl on the line, and his lack of OL and WR recruiting
    LOL, you and quite a few here railed on Dan for not beating ranked teams. I believe it was he "tucked his wiener" for all the big games.

Anyhow, Dan had a complete spring to install his offense the first year, didn't he? Not giving Leach a pass here, but it's hard to compare the first two years of each. I would also say the transition from the worst coast offense to Dan's wasn't as extreme as from JoeMo to Leach's.

I think the worst that happened to Leach was the LSU game. Expectations went through the roof, but then reality set in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacknut View Post
    LOL, you and quite a few here railed on Dan for not beating ranked teams. I believe it was he "tucked his wiener" for all the big games..
    Why did we struggle to beat ranked teams? Lack of recruiting on the OL and WR

Why has Leach beat ranked teams? 1st round LT and the best WR's we've had at State maybe ever

vCash
    but....but...but...Leach hasn't done that to date...so it's a moot projection.