Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dumb idea of the day

vCash

Dumb idea of the day

Here is my dumb recruiting idea of the day:

Ole Miss painted ?Manning? in the end zone. Arch Manning was there. But it?s legal because they were honoring Eli.

So each game we pick 2 big recruits. I will use Stone Blanton and Khamauri Rogers for this example. We paint ?Blanton? in one end zone and ?Rogers? in the other. To stay legal, we simply grab 2 alums with the same last name and honor them. So at halftime we honor Susan Blanton (MSU class of 1977 accounting) and Bubba Rogers (MSU class of 1999 ag econ). We give each of them $25 gift cards to Home Depot. If the NCAA says anything, we say we were honoring two alums.

vCash
    There is actually a rule against what you put in the end zone. Either somehow this didn't qualify as breaking the rule or because it's ole Miss no one said anything.

I remember after we hashtag our end zone they came up with rules against what can be in it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    There is actually a rule against what you put in the end zone. Either somehow this didn't qualify as breaking the rule or because it's ole Miss no one said anything.

I remember after we hashtag our end zone they came up with rules against what can be in it
    Well to my credit, I did say it was a dumb idea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post

Ole Miss painted ?Manning? in the end zone. Arch Manning was there. But it?s legal because they were honoring Eli.

So each game we pick 2 big recruits. I will use Stone Blanton and Khamauri Rogers for this example. We paint ?Blanton? in one end zone and ?Rogers? in the other. To stay legal, we simply grab 2 alums with the same last name and honor them. So at halftime we honor Susan Blanton (MSU class of 1977 accounting) and Bubba Rogers (MSU class of 1999 ag econ). We give each of them $25 gift cards to Home Depot. If the NCAA says anything, we say we were honoring two alums.
    Not legal

vCash

lol- I like where your head's at
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    lol- I like where your head's at
    Just thinking outside the box.

vCash
    It's the kind of thinking that we lack in our Athletic Dept. It's ok to look into outside the box thinking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Not legal
    You are probably correct. So how do they paint Manning in the end zone?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Not legal
    Just say its part of a potential NIL and then it's legal.

vCash
    del
    Last edited by lastmajordog; 10-25-2021 at 08:19 PM.

vCash
    All I am saying is that if Ole Miss can paint Manning in order to honor Eli, why can’t we paint Blanton and Rogers to honor Susan and Bubba?

vCash
    All I am saying is that if Ole Miss can paint Manning in order to honor Eli, why can?t we paint Blanton and Rogers to honor Susan and Bubba?
    Apparently it?s not legal, but I love the thought process and legalistic approach. That?s a Belicheck type move. If you?re not pushing the boundaries, you aren?t trying.

vCash
    All I am saying is that if Ole Miss can paint Manning in order to honor Eli, why can’t we paint Blanton and Rogers to honor Susan and Bubba?
    Like button push 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    Apparently it?s not legal, but I love the thought process and legalistic approach. That?s a Belicheck type move. If you?re not pushing the boundaries, you aren?t trying.
    So is Ole Miss in trouble?

vCash
    I would think that Ole Miss got an exemption to do that but they are pretty arrogant so who knows. I wonder what it takes to get an exemption.

vCash
    Apparently not. I?m sure they would have had to get it ok?d, but from what other posters are saying, it appears to be something that either needs circumstance or approval. Regardless of that fact, I love your idea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    I would think that Ole Miss got an exemption to do that but they are pretty arrogant so who knows. I wonder what it takes to get an exemption.
    Like button push 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    So we tell the NCAA that we would like the same exemption that Ole Miss got. Susan and Bubba are special people. They are important alums. They deserve this recognition. They are just as important to our university as Eli is to Ole Miss.

Other important alums include Leon Oatis (class of 1981), Shelly Williams, class of 2004 (see where this is going)

If we had honored Percival Newton (physics Major class of 1987) we might have a natty instead of auburn.
    Last edited by somebodyshotmypaw; 10-25-2021 at 08:52 PM.

vCash
    So we tell the NCAA that we would like the same exemption that Ole Miss got. Susan and Bubba are special people. They are important alums. They deserve this recognition. They are just as important to our university as Eli is to Ole Miss.

Other important alums include Leon Oatis (class of 1981), Shelly Williams, class of 2004 (see where this is going)

If we had honored Percival Newton (physics Major class of 1987) we might have a natty instead of auburn.
    Like button push 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼

vCash
    If you want to read! Scroll a little down.

https://www.trumarkathletics.com/foo...imensions.aspx