Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We Spend Least Amount on Recruiting in the SEC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash

We Spend Least Amount on Recruiting in the SEC

We are 13. Vandy is not listed. That has to change.

vCash
    If you are gonna rip off my post on another board at least link the article.

Here is the article for anyone that cares: https://www.athleticdirectoru.com/ar...ruiting-costs/

We are at $435,224.

Wazzu is at $503,936

Ole Miss is at $669,364

Mizzou is at $852,024

South Carolina is at $931,666

Auburn is at $955,898

Kentucky is at $1,035,217

Florida is at $1,271,821

LSU is at $1,607,148

Texas A&M is at $1,673,204

Arkansas is at $1,931,026

Tennessee is at $2,247,289

Alabama is at $2,663,467

Georgia is at $3,676,858.

vCash
    It is pretty sad that our "arch rival" 82 miles away spends 1.5 times as much as we do on recruiting. We deserve what we get. What's even worse is we could double our budget and still be under KY. Think about that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayburn8 View Post
    If you are gonna rip off my post on another board at least link the article.

Here is the article for anyone that cares: https://www.athleticdirectoru.com/ar...ruiting-costs/

We are at $435,224.

Wazzu is at $503,936

Ole Miss is at $669,364

Mizzou is at $852,024

South Carolina is at $931,666

Auburn is at $955,898

Kentucky is at $1,035,217

Florida is at $1,271,821

LSU is at $1,607,148

Texas A&M is at $1,673,204

Arkansas is at $1,931,026

Tennessee is at $2,247,289

Alabama is at $2,663,467

Georgia is at $3,676,858.
    Ha ha this stuff has been discussed on this board over the years multiple times, this article has come out just about every other year. That is why I think some of the expectation on here is absurd. Look at anything in life and you typically get out of it what you put into it.

Our fans want champagne results on a keystone 30 rack budget. Until we start throwing legitimate money at the problem we will continue to recruit at the level that we are. You can blame it on the coaches all that you want but $$ talks. It is about to get significantly worse with the NIL deals. It's not surprising that regardless of who is coaching here we tend to recruit at the same level.

And I'm not throwing stones at our big boosters. They are contributing a good bit. It is the rest of the fanbase that needs to up donations if they want to compete for championships on a consistent basis, otherwise quit complaining.

Want better coaches, donate more
    Want better recruiting, donate more
    Want better records, donate more

vCash
    Faculty and staff are obviously letting us down***

vCash
    You know I always said that if I won the lottery I would make an endowment for the university to spend on croots. However I fear that even they would mess it up and brackey would rat everyone out

vCash
    Washington state is beating us!

vCash
    We could double our budget and not see significant improvements......We are who we are and we're ALWAYS going to struggle competing against the vast majority of teams in the SEC......
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    We could double our budget and not see significant improvements......We are who we are and we're ALWAYS going to struggle competing against the vast majority of teams in the SEC......
    This is halfway true. We need to double the budget AND get organized amongst boosters. It’s in disarray

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    This is halfway true. We need to double the budget AND get organized amongst boosters. It’s in disarray
    Yep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    I disagree. Doubling our budget would go a LONG way for us.

To me there is very little excuse for us to not recruit better in football. We can recruit well in the other sports. Football all of a sudden it's one excuse after the other. Even with the NIL it's going to take us a few years to get organized and will take a football coach that prioritizes recruiting like Bob Tyler did.

vCash
    In other news- Bruce Jenner was named Woman of the Year
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    That's pretty surprising about Ark and Auburns places.

vCash
    Arkansas is getting fleeced!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    Arkansas is getting fleeced!
    Arkansas also has the highest nutritional program/student-athlete food budget in the SEC. Seems like a lot of money for recruiting mid-20's most years but guess that's what you have to do in such a small state without many players. Nebraska is similar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WPS View Post
    Arkansas also has the highest nutritional program/student-athlete food budget in the SEC. Seems like a lot of money for recruiting mid-20's most years but guess that's what you have to do in such a small state without many players. Nebraska is similar.
    Excuse me for being a dick. When you float shit like that, quit. Just tell the truth. We are wonder bread here in NW Arkansas. And our state produces DII all stars.

Dude I’m from the Mississippi delta. I call it new South Africa. In one geographic region we produce more talent in 100 miles than Arkansas produces as an entire entity.

vCash
    Which is what will happen to us if our budget is increased.......
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    The wisest money spent on recruiting is under the table.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FriarsPoint View Post
    The wisest money spent on recruiting is under the table.
    This

vCash
    We all know Ole Miss's budget is way more if you count illegal payments to players.