Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018 85 Bears defense

vCash

2018 85 Bears defense

Where are they now? Joe really should have never made that comment. That team was loaded. Help me out here - Who all starts now in the NFL?
    Sweat
    Simmons
    Gay
    Abrams
    Hoyett

vCash
    Willie Gay made a hell of a play yesterday. Snatched a ball outta the air like he was getting a basketball rebound.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Willie Gay made a hell of a play yesterday. Snatched a ball outta the air like he was getting a basketball rebound.
    That game is what made me post that. We had 5 legit players in that game.

vCash
    They even mentioned Gay and Mississippi State. We have some great players in the NFL and wish we would promote the hell out of that

vCash
    Denico Autry and Jeff Simmons pancaked Mahommes. That was brutal.

vCash
    Kick rocks!***

vCash
    Sweat shooting the breeze with Jenkins during a break in the Packers Skins game yesterday.

vCash
    JoMo seemed to be a pretty good guy but I'll never forgive him for 2018. Any one of us could have won 8 games with that team. Mullen stays one more year we are 11-1 at worst. Just our typical kick in the nuts turn out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dental Dawg33 View Post
    JoMo seemed to be a pretty good guy but I'll never forgive him for 2018. Any one of us could have won 8 games with that team. Mullen stays one more year we are 11-1 at worst. Just our typical kick in the nuts turn out
    Haha, no doubt. He was handed the keys to a brand new fully loaded King Ranch F-250 and turned it into a white 1995 Chevy Cheyenne work truck with a manual transmission.

vCash
    Hoyett is not currently on a team. But Sweat, Simmons, Gay, and Abram all start; Cam Dantzler is a backup for the Vikings; Chauncey Rivers is on the Packers' roster, though he's currently on IR. And Marquiss Spencer is on the Broncos' practice squad but may have a future with the team.

Several others were drafted or made practice squads or had a brief stint with teams as UFAs - McLaurin, Gerri Green, Brian Cole, Lee Autry, and probably a couple I'm leaving off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dental Dawg33 View Post
    Mullen has convinced me that he is good for an inexplicable loss each year. He just doesn't have the focus that he had early at MSU. Don't necessariliy blame him. College football and recruiting are a grind, and he's been doing it as a decamillionaire for a while now. Not many people have the drive to not coast some in that situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Hoyett is not currently on a team. But Sweat, Simmons, Gay, and Abram all start; Cam Dantzler is a backup for the Vikings; Chauncey Rivers is on the Packers' roster, though he's currently on IR. And Marquiss Spencer is on the Broncos' practice squad but may have a future with the team.

Several others were drafted or made practice squads or had a brief stint with teams as UFAs - McLaurin, Gerri Green, Brian Cole, Lee Autry, and probably a couple I'm leaving off.
    Yep. That was a once every 20 years defense for us. 1980, 1999, and 2018
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Doing the math that is once in 19 year defense. Look out 2037.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    With just a mediocre offense that year, we'd have been at least in an Access Bowl at season's end. A travesty. We were possibly playing for an Access Bowl the year prior too, had we not lost to OM via their Fitz bounty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Yep. That was a once every 20 years defense for us. 1980, 1999, and 2018
    Yes it was. Almost criminal what Joe produced in 18. His Bears comment after the fact looks really silly. We actually were the 85 Bears of college football that year.

Also that 4 year stretch 97-2000 was as good a 4 year timeframe D as anywhere in college football. Just nasty D all those years with 99 being the best. 97-98 was dang good Ed Smith off edge, Haggan in middle.

2000 had that Blade, Wyms, Golliday, and company. 99 had like 7-8 NFL players on two deep on DL. Unreal.

vCash
    Mullen is STIll an idiot IMO for leaving that team. What kind of launchpad would he have after an undefeated or one loss DOG team........I will never understand that. If he left after that I would understand, he could have had an INCREDIBLE team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    Mullen is STIll an idiot IMO for leaving that team. What kind of launchpad would he have after an undefeated or one loss DOG team........I will never understand that. If he left after that I would understand, he could have had an INCREDIBLE team.
    I dont blame him for leaving for Florida. They are a blue-blood with a fertile recruiting ground. I think he would have been an idiot to leave that team for Tenn which is what he was intending to do at first. 2018 will will always be "what could have been"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Doing the math that is once in 19 year defense. Look out 2037.
    Coach34 is one of these coaches that teaches history, not math. And he wears those badass Bike coaches shorts. And if you don’t know the shorts I’m talking about, then we can’t be friends. LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Coach34 is one of these coaches that teaches history, not math. And he wears those badass Bike coaches shorts. And if you don’t know the shorts I’m talking about, then we can’t be friends. LOL
    Damn guys- I know the math was 19. The "every 20 years" is a saying because 20 years is a generation. That D was a once in a generation defense. Are you guys really this dense or just like to nitpick me like CNN during a Trump rally?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Damn guys- I know the math was 19. The "every 20 years" is a saying because 20 years is a generation. That D was a once in a generation defense. Are you guys really this dense or just like to nitpick me like CNN during a Trump rally?
    I was just kidding. But you know folks that wore the shorts. Those shorts were the absolute stuff back in the day.