Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1 game. Surely we can win one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    It is the worst matchup we have left on the schedule and I do not expect to win the game but I sure as hell hope he is right. That would take their soul.
    Yep.

Also, unless Kiffin has already signed papers with anther school and just doesn't give a shit, you can bet he'll be ready to make a statement in that game, at our house no less. And on the contrary, Mike's history with rivalries doesn't leave me brimming with hope. Would love to be wrong.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Yep.

Also, unless Kiffin has already signed papers with anther school and just doesn't give a shit, you can bet he'll be ready to make a statement in that game, at our house no less. And on the contrary, Mike's history with rivalries doesn't leave me brimming with hope. Would love to be wrong.
    I know our players are going to be up for that game, Mike Leach or not. At SEC media days every single one of them said Ole Miss was the game they were most looking forward to playing. I just don’t think we can stop Corral with our safety play. As much as I hate to admit it he is the best quarterback in the country and they are going to be playing his last game for a chance to play in an access bowl. It’s not a good recipe for an upset but crazier things have happened in that game.

vCash
    I know our players are going to be up for that game, Mike Leach or not. At SEC media days every single one of them said Ole Miss was the game they were most looking forward to playing. I just don’t think we can stop Corral with our safety play. As much as I hate to admit it he is the best quarterback in the country and they are going to be playing his last game for a chance to play in an access bowl. It’s not a good recipe for an upset but crazier things have happened in that game.
    Yea it doesnt look favorable. The only thing that gives me a glimmer of optimism is what Tennessee did. They just made him be a running back all day and had some success even though he did run for a lot of yards. They had a chance to win and arguably should have won if they make field goals. But I cant say I predict a win right now.

vCash
    You can throw out records or even who you think might be the best team in the Egg Bowl. It can always go either way regardless.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    You can throw out records or even who you think might be the best team in the Egg Bowl. It can always go either way regardless.
    It’s not an unwinnable game for us at all. If we play well we can beat their ass. If we don’t they will embarrass us though.

vCash
    It’s not an unwinnable game for us at all. If we play well we can beat their ass. If we don’t they will embarrass us though.
    I agree. We are capable of going 5-0 or 1-4 the rest of the way.

vCash
    It is the worst matchup we have left on the schedule and I do not expect to win the game but I sure as hell hope he is right. That would take their soul.
    They are not throwing the ball that well down the field right now bc of injuries. They wont be able to beat us with split zone and counter/power. They wont stop our offense. I think its a toss up but we will be hungry and our kids have not forgotten what happened

vCash
    Corral probably runs one of the simplest passing games in the country. He does not make reads its all RPO glances quick game and shot plays. Hes good no one can deny that but he is not Dak or even MGK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Corral probably runs one of the simplest passing games in the country. He does not make reads its all RPO glances quick game and shot plays. Hes good no one can deny that but he is not Dak or even MGK
    Yeah people talk all the time about our offense only being 6-7 plays heck that's all om offense is, they just run them at a rapid pace.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    They are not throwing the ball that well down the field right now bc of injuries. They wont be able to beat us with split zone and counter/power. They wont stop our offense. I think its a toss up but we will be hungry and our kids have not forgotten what happened
    I am really interested to see what their offense looks like against Auburn next week. I feel like that will give us a decent barometer of what we can hold them to. I know our guys are going to be sky high for that game (Will in particular). We need to start fast and have good things happen early. Our OL can’t have the stupid false starts and holding penalties that we love to get. Lashley and Dolla Bill make me want to punch a brick wall with that shit.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah people talk all the time about our offense only being 6-7 plays heck that's all om offense is, they just run them at a rapid pace.
    No one will ever accuse Corral of being the smartest guy in the room. That’s for sure. He has god given tools that not many people on the planet have but I think Kiffin is a master at working with what he has and when he goes to the nfl his mind is going to be blown academically so to speak.

vCash
    No one will ever accuse Corral of being the smartest guy in the room. That’s for sure. He has god given tools that not many people on the planet have but I think Kiffin is a master at working with what he has and when he goes to the nfl his mind is going to be blown academically so to speak.
    Good assessment

vCash
    In Arkansas in November? Ain?t happening! They?ll beat us over the top all night!
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Because they are flat out better than we are?..It won?t be close?..
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    In Arkansas in November? Ain?t happening! They?ll beat us over the top all night!
    We've saw this offense in cold, bad weather twice - Kentucky (295 yds) and tulsa (271 yds). Gotta figure it will be really cold or bad weather vs ark. We did go 1-1 in the games I listed though

vCash
    I now think the Pirate is a good coach for Msu being in the 5-7 win season, it's better than less than 5 wins a season. So I've gotten on board with the air bone being in that 5-7 win seasons.

As long as he continues to beat the teams he is suppose to, then I'm good with that moving forward. I will excuse the Memphis loss because we did get hosed by the officials and it is or was somewhat early with the Pirate not having his players he recruits playing.

Not sure if we will be favored by any of the teams left except Tn Tech, so an upset to get us at 6-6 is good right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Because they are flat out better than we are?..It won?t be close?..
    UPig has some weapons at WR. #16 is the best WR in the SEC. Question is- how many times can UPig Relf get the ball to him?
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    UPig has some weapons at WR. #16 is the best WR in the SEC. Question is- how many times can UPig Relf get the ball to him?
    Not much

vCash
    Sec ranks for ark:
    Off plays over 10 yds: 3rd
    20 or more: 4th
    30 or more: 2nd

They get explosive plays

vCash
    We play 4 solid teams but it?s not like we have to play UGA, Bama, Ohio State, Michigan or Oregon. Outside of those 5 I don?t think there are any teams that we just have no shot against. That being said winning 2 of the 4 would be difficult but there really isn?t an excuse to at least win 1. If we go 6-6 with a bowl win I will be ok with that and then next year we can see what Leach does. The non conference is easier but we pick up Georgia but I would expect at least 8-4 with our schedule and what we have returning.