Thread: OT: New trucks

vCash

OT: New trucks

As my 2004 Ram sits in the shop...again...waiting on new rear U joints, I found myself perusing car web sites looking at trucks with less than the 305,000 miles mine has on it. I come across Carl Hogan's website where they had a shiny new Ram1500 that caught my eye. I clicked on the link and saw MARP was $59,460 but they had added a $22,489 mark up making the truck a cool $81,949. So if anybody is in the market for a truck and willing to pay 137% above msrp give these boys a call. They'd be happy to bend you over their desk and 17 you...I mean sell you a truck.

vCash
    Cannon in West Point has a few GMC's 4wd for $51k in stock.

Banned
    vCash
    we printed 1/5 of all us currency in circulation last march.

inflation bay beeeee.

i got a 21 tacoma in july because i needed a new vehicle and the supply chain issues will keep prices up at least through 2023

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Unfortunately, the printing of money has little to nothing to do with this particular problem. Demand is what it always is, but supply is severely short because of the chips shortage.

The 22k kicker is because dealerships have a certain amount of money required to operate. If they have to make 100k but usually do it selling 100 cars, great. Now they are in a position they have to do the same off of 10 cars.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trob115 View Post
    Cannon in West Point has a few GMC's 4wd for $51k in stock.
    Nobody beats a Cannon deal, nooo body.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    Nobody beats a Cannon deal, nooo body.
    Maybe if I dressed up as Coral I could get one for free.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Unfortunately, the printing of money has little to nothing to do with this particular problem. Demand is what it always is, but supply is severely short because of the chips shortage.

The 22k kicker is because dealerships have a certain amount of money required to operate. If they have to make 100k but usually do it selling 100 cars, great. Now they are in a position they have to do the same off of 10 cars.
    True. It's a little of column A (inflation) and a lot of column B (supply chain). I could have been more specific in the difference. But this combo will raise prices through the roof and then when supply chain is somewhat stabilized (whatever that looks like in mid 2023), inflation will keep it from rubber banding.

The $ quota is a great point and it will be interesting to see if this industry ever returns to pre-pandemic practices or what the new normal is.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    The specific markup on the trucks/cars has next to zero to do with inflation. Maybe 95% supply chain and 5% inflation.

Inflation right now is even more pronounced due to the supply chain shortages. I believe the overall inflation is probably at 4-5% currently, but the real price increases are due to supply shortage. Material prices on steel, aluminum, and computer items are through the roof. Demand is typical right now, maybe slightly elevated due to the slow economy for 6 months last year building up demand, but raw material production is basically zero right now and what they are producing is going to meet orders a damn year ago.

Don't even get me started on computer chips.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    As my 2004 Ram sits in the shop...again...waiting on new rear U joints, I found myself perusing car web sites looking at trucks with less than the 305,000 miles mine has on it. I come across Carl Hogan's website where they had a shiny new Ram1500 that caught my eye. I clicked on the link and saw MARP was $59,460 but they had added a $22,489 mark up making the truck a cool $81,949. So if anybody is in the market for a truck and willing to pay 137% above msrp give these boys a call. They'd be happy to bend you over their desk and 17 you...I mean sell you a truck.

All I can say is:

Build Back Better

Hey Dad, "Are we there yet"?

vCash
    ?????????

I have 5 or 6 big trash bags full of alum cans. Should I sell them of hold them?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    All I can say is:

Build Back Better

Hey Dad, "Are we there yet"?
    This problem far outdates the last 9 to 10 months, lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    This problem far outdates the last 9 to 10 months, lol.
    Yep, it goes back to Fauci and his buddies funding gain of function research with deadly viruses in Wuhan China.