Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    I know this board does not think much of Bo Bounds but he said it on air not long ago. He said that the staff has told him not to because there is no backup.
    So stay healthy and lose bc we might lose even worse with a backup. Cool strategy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Moorhead was 14-12. Guess Matt thinks Moorhead was fired unfairly.
    Well he did say State will NEVER beat about 3 schools in about 3-4 categories. ...and these folks think it was some genius defense of Leach. Which it was an attempt.

He called the program average. Said leach would win a game or two above average and you better like it.

Terrible message Cohen.

vCash
    Well, we're 87th in the country in yds/play and army is 90th, so not much difference
    Bullet point number....???.... On Cohens talking points. Who knows. But it reads, accuse anyone not carrying Leachs water to be in love with the triple option.

vCash
    Well, we're 87th in the country in yds/play and army is 90th, so not much difference
    Good point, so it’s actually about the same. So, a Leach offense that takes years to get right has already beaten as many top 25 teams as Mullen did in a decade with an NFL MVP TYPE QB! I know is this, an RPO and a dual threat QB WILL NEVER WIN ShIT HERE. Why? They are dependent on getting the best athletes. We don’t.

I am not certain Leach can succeed either but I know what you want will not work. Period The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results.

vCash
    Leach is not getting a mobile qb
    Lovertich is mobile. It doesn't have to be Kyler Murray. Just need someone that can move around

of by all means, let's go get a highly rated 4 star or 5 star that can do both
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    One thing I’ve learned in my time following MSU football is things never change until you hit absolute rock bottom. Charlie Shira, Emory Bellard, Rockey Felker, Sylvester Croom. I’m pretty confident I’ll be adding another name to that list. Hopefully two.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FriarsPoint View Post
    One thing I’ve learned in my time following MSU football is things never change until you hit absolute rock bottom. Charlie Shira, Emory Bellard, Rockey Felker, Sylvester Croom. I’m pretty confident I’ll be adding another name to that list. Hopefully two.
    It will not be Leach. He may not win the way we want him to but he will never hit rock bottom here. He is not a bad coach.

vCash
    When this team wins you guys hate it. Let that sink in.

vCash
    It will not be Leach. He may not win the way we want him to but he will never hit rock bottom here. He is not a bad coach.
    This

Friar is a little deep into the mead tonight

vCash
    I agree with this. I will probably forever be upset at Leach for not adapting his offense, but he's a good enough coach that we won't hit rock bottom.

vCash
    Leach may not win an SEC title but these asshats act like Mullen did when he got his ass kicked by every decent team for a decade with the best QB in Our history and more NFL talent than ever. Hell, Mullen is getting beat at Florida with that talent.

That dude was always trying to leave, 17 him.

Guys, we don’t get 5 star talent, you want to go win in the SEC, you can’t keep doing the same old thing. .500 in this league is a dang win for us. Leach is the only coach in our history that actually teaches the pass first.

You want to hate them teaching the QB NOT TO RUN when that is exactly what can beat better teams is nuts to me. You would rather see the helicopter play by a running QB that is two yards short than get a win. Ignorance

vCash
    We would look exactly like Ole Miss if we had a quarterback that could run the football and it really is not Will?s fault although he is not super mobile. Enough people with access have said that Will is being told not to run that I believe it. That drop 8 garbage would immediately stop with a mobile quarterback.
    We wouldn't look exactly like Ole Miss but we would certainly be tougher to defend. Ole Miss doesn't use the wide splits that Leach uses. Also, Lane Kiffin is not afraid to commit the run game. Ole Miss ran for 300 yards today against LSU if you take out the sack yardage. Leach would never do that.

If Will were my QB, I wouldn't want him running much either.

vCash
    Speaking of which. Army put up 56 on wake today. They also gave up 70 though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    Speaking of which. Army put up 56 on wake today. They also gave up 70 though
    I read an SI article about the Wake offense today. My reaction was try that against DLs that are 6-4 280 that run a 4.8.

vCash
    I read an SI article about the Wake offense today. My reaction was try that against DLs that are 6-4 280 that run a 4.8.
    Yea that long mesh would get blown up in the sec I would think.

vCash
    Wake is the 3rd oldest team in D1 football. Most things work with that much experience

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    let?s run the triple option again, that worked so damn well.

Heaven forbid we do something different.

We know is thus may not work, but we also know what you want to do absolutely had not worked for all our damn lives!

Dammit give it a chance!
    No one has said run the triple option, get a grip. Good D and being balanced can win, we've done it before.

It has been 2 years, and it is the same. How long do you need?

The biggest issue with Leach is he only runs a scheme. He does not coach. He makes no adjustments year to year, game to game tailored to the opponent and he makes no adjustments at halftime. I don't care what scheme you run, if you don't coach (adjust) you don't win nothing.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    We wouldn't look exactly like Ole Miss but we would certainly be tougher to defend. Ole Miss doesn't use the wide splits that Leach uses. Also, Lane Kiffin is not afraid to commit the run game. Ole Miss ran for 300 yards today against LSU if you take out the sack yardage. Leach would never do that.

If Will were my QB, I wouldn't want him running much either.
    Yea I worded that poorly. I think we would be as efficient as them if we had a quarterback as accurate as Will that runs like Corral or someone similar though. The biggest thing holding our offense back is that no one has to account for the quarterback. He does not have to be Michael Vick. He just needs to be someone that kills a defense that tries to drop 8.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Wake is the 3rd oldest team in D1 football. Most things work with that much experience
    Scoring offense ranks nationally...
    2017 - 21st
    2018 - 35th
    2019 - 42nd
    2020 - 19th
    2021 - 12th

They've been a good offense for a while

vCash
    Scoring offense ranks nationally...
    2017 - 21st
    2018 - 35th
    2019 - 42nd
    2020 - 19th
    2021 - 12th

They've been a good offense for a while
    I think it's funny that you talk up Dave Clawson so much when his offense finished last and next to last his first two years at Wake Forest averaging a Croom-ish 14 PPG and then 15 PPG and yet you talk down Mike Leach at MSU. This was 2014-15 for anyone that wants to look it up. Which basically is an example that proves Wyatt's point.