Thread: 21 Plays of 8+ Yards vs Bama

vCash

21 Plays of 8+ Yards vs Bama

We ran 74 plays against Bama and garnered a PI for 15 yards. 75 plays.

We gave up 7 sacks.

We had 20 incompletions.

We had 21 plays of 8 yards or more against Bama (17 of those were of 10 yards or more).

That leaves 27 plays where we gained less than 8 yards or loss yards. Not counting sacks. 34 if you count sacks.

I'm not sure what that means, but I was surprised we had 21 plays of 8 yards or more. More than I thought.

vCash
    Not saying we should have won the game. But we didn’t play well!

vCash
    So roughly 30% of our plays gained 8+ yards against Bama.

Statistically I would say that is probably one of our more successful games against Bama since Saban got there. The sacks make it look really bad and the scheme in not getting Rogers any help against Anderson was pretty stupid too.

I will continue to say the 2 things this offense needs are a QB that can routinely stretch the field/has a really good arm and we need some type of red zone offense that utilizes a different personnel grouping so we can muscle a little more.

I don't think we will ever get #2 which means I think there's always a cap on our offensive potential.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post

Statistically I would say that is probably one of our more successful games against Bama since Saban got there. The sacks make it look really bad and the scheme in not getting Rogers any help against Anderson was pretty stupid too.

I will continue to say the 2 things this offense needs are a QB that can routinely stretch the field/has a really good arm and we need some type of red zone offense that utilizes a different personnel grouping so we can muscle a little more.

I don't think we will ever get #2 which means I think there's always a cap on our offensive potential.
    Red zone offense is the same problem. You need a QB with an arm that can zip in through tight windows as well. That's the true key to this offense and in year 1.5 we don't have that yet. Shades are there and it just comes down to getting the right talent to go along with the leadership that Rogers has shown. I wish that kid had a stronger arm because just about everything else about him embodies what MSU is about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post

I think you could argue that it shows the potential is there with this scheme to move the ball and score against them. The pick 6, the horrible decision on the last pick, and the miscommunication on the first pick killed drives. Then we stalled out inside their 30 three times.

vCash
    A dual threat QB would change everything for the offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerdawg View Post
    And Leach doesn?t recruit this type of player
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    How mobile is Sawyer compared to will?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerdawg View Post
    Coaches off Leach's tree have implemented a dual threat QB in their versions of the AR. It works extremely well.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Not updating or adding additional wrinkles to his system is somewhat concerning.

vCash
    You can get all the yardage you want inbetween the 20s but if you can't score oh well/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    How mobile is Sawyer compared to will?
    Will is more mobile.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    He just recruits accuracy first. It’s not that he doesn’t like mobility.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Will is more mobile.
    Lol. No. Sawyer is way more mobile than Will. Not close

vCash
    The problem with the offense is red zone. Once we get there we have no answer. No more checkdowns for 3 straight plays.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Lol. No. Sawyer is way more mobile than Will. Not close
    You are simply wrong here. Sawyer has a stronger arm, but he is not more Mobile than Will.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    The problem with the offense is red zone. Once we get there we have no answer. No more checkdowns for 3 straight plays.
    Well with no threat of a running play or a dual threat QB then this is what you get.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    You are simply wrong here. Sawyer has a stronger arm, but he is not more Mobile than Will.
    Yes he is. He's way more athletic than Will.

It's not close