Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rumors That Lack of NIL Opportunities Is Tanking Recruiting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    It's a pretty simple story we've seen play out over history.

I, as lord of the manor, enter into contract with you, serf, to work on my land. In exchange for your labor I will give you the scraps of my food and the rotten shed housing as housing. You should be grateful as I have deemed them supremely expensive and the rental rates go up 10+% per year. I set the price, there is no negotiation, and you have no other option to continue this path. I don't care if you only need 3 years to get to the NFL which discriminates on age (with good reason imo, but still a valid criticism).

Do you see how un-American that sounds? How close to slavery that strikes?

The fry cook should make enough to live without fear of homelessness and be comfortable if he works for 40+ hrs a week. This isn't a zero sum game. The owner can pay a decent wage or his business can fail. We're slowly seeing that be the case across america.
    Lemme guess... You just stepped outta one of them "Hyperbolic Chambers", didn'tcha?
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    There?s a lot coming for football and basketball with Van Horn towards the end of the year. Everyone needs to chill out. NIL will be taken care of.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Lemme guess... You just stepped outta one of them "Hyperbolic Chambers", didn'tcha?
    Im off a bean, got me going super saiyan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    So is a day coming where people donate more to some NIL fund than the Bulldog Club? If it really gets better players I'd rather donate to the NIL fund.
    This is an excellent question. Surprised no one else picked up this yet. For your sidewalk alumni schools, I?m sure it won?t be a problem. But for us, it will make a difference. IMO, I think it?s the next step in the evolution of all this. I would imagine the Bulldog Club money would go to fund non-revenue sports scholarships and NIL would take care of your big 3. But, BC donations are no longer tax deductible.

Interesting times indeed.

Personally, I don?t like NIL. Friend of mine is a past president of the local UA alum chapter. He told me the numbers he got from Tuscaloosa for one player over a 4 to 5 year period was in the neighborhood of half a million per player when you include everything. Training, nutrition, room and board, tutors, books, equipment, everything. So it?s not like this is a labor exploitation situation.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Here is an example of the sheds and table scraps the poor poor souls enjoy and receive..... my gosh, the players are dumpster diving for food at the 7:15 mark.
    That's cool and all but paying each player equally instead of relative to their value seems like communism to me. Weird how I'm the liberal for wanting a freer market and conservatives think that ruining this communism and introducing a free market would cause the system to further a gap between haves and have-nots.

There's a lesson here, but it's gameday so you can learn it tomorrow. **** Vandy.