Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Rumors That Lack of NIL Opportunities Is Tanking Recruiting

vCash
    So is a day coming where people donate more to some NIL fund than the Bulldog Club? If it really gets better players I'd rather donate to the NIL fund.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    That's something else that people have a misconception of. The school CAN'T REACH out to businesses or individuals. Those people have to reach out to the university to let them know they'd like to pursue an NIL deal.
    FIFY - NIL is going to be much more about booster organization and execution. The schools are just serve as a compliance clearing house.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    FIFY - NIL is going to be much more about booster organization and execution. The schools are just serve as a compliance clearing house.
    This

vCash
    Our recruiting is woefully disorganized. Terrible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Our recruiting is woefully disorganized. Terrible
    Nothing new about that.....been that way for years.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    That's the rumor.

Has anyone been asked to participate?

Do MSU businesses get asked to help?

Has our head coach gone to the podium like Oregeron & asked people to help?

This is the rumor yet no one seems to have much interest in communicating with people that can help
    Who communicated this rumor to you?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    I?m not one of the one?s bitching. I?m 33 with three kids and student loans so I don?t have the income. But I?m not complaining about what someone else does with their money. If I had the income I would easily create a LLC and help out and wouldn?t ask for help. Just damn do it.
    Going to need you to be true maroon. Get a second job and find the NIL 😂

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Going to need you to be true maroon. Get a second job and find the NIL ��
    Get that third mortgage on the trailer and sell your wife's boyfriends prosthetic leg, we need us some WR!
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Ight, I got dis. I will step in, I have 500 in Vcash. Where do I send this to make some stuff happen? If that is not enough well then the free education, free food, free housing, free travel, free clothing, free tutoring, free exposure and whatever else they get to play a wonderful game should be enough.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Get that third mortgage on the trailer and sell your wife's boyfriends prosthetic leg, we need us some WR!
    Going to need you to be true maroon. Get a second job and find the NIL 😂
    How about the owners of elitedawgs create a fund we can all donate to that goes to NIL deals for players. I think 17 TSUN Fund by THE Elitedawgs sounds good. I would donate a 100 a month for it.

vCash
    How about the owners of elitedawgs create a fund we can all donate to that goes to NIL deals for players. I think 17 TSUN Fund by THE Elitedawgs sounds good. I would donate a 100 a month for it.
    I'm in for 100 a month too.

I think we could raise 5k a month easy. Then have 5 players a month do a QandA on here and pay them 1k each for it.
    Last edited by confucius say; 10-22-2021 at 12:48 PM.

vCash
    I'm down with this too.

vCash
    Fantastic idea! I'm in!

Archimedes
    vCash
    I'm in for 100 a month too.

I think we could raise 5k a month easy. Then have 5 players a month do a QandA on here and pay them 1k each for it.
    Forget q&a just have them take a picture with a custom shirt on and post it on social media. Make it super easy for them.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Forget q&a just have them take a picture with a custom shirt on and post it on social media. Make it super easy for them.
    Do a tshirt a month that people can order and find someone to drop ship them. Another way to raise funds for the cause. Have the athletes wear the shirt of the month and post on social media. Pay them 500 a month plus split 50% of the profit with everyone who was that month athlete. One defense starter one offense starter one defense 2nd teamer one offense 2nd teamer and 5th person could be a special teamer or true freshman that doesn?t fall in the above.

vCash
    I think Shotgun made this entire thread up to melt over recruiting again like he does every year. We have 5 to 6 spots left but we're struggling... please

vCash
    Sounds like a great idea. Someone make this happen.

vCash
    Where is your decimal? Is that 100.00 or 1.00 per month?
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    So..... you admit going to MSU is expensive and college debt cripples. However you still believe the players play for "free"?

Anyways.... I guess the fry cook at McDonald's should make 6 figures because the franchise owner does. **
    It's a pretty simple story we've seen play out over history.

I, as lord of the manor, enter into contract with you, serf, to work on my land. In exchange for your labor I will give you the scraps of my food and the rotten shed housing as housing. You should be grateful as I have deemed them supremely expensive and the rental rates go up 10+% per year. I set the price, there is no negotiation, and you have no other option to continue this path. I don't care if you only need 3 years to get to the NFL which discriminates on age (with good reason imo, but still a valid criticism).

Do you see how un-American that sounds? How close to slavery that strikes?

The fry cook should make enough to live without fear of homelessness and be comfortable if he works for 40+ hrs a week. This isn't a zero sum game. The owner can pay a decent wage or his business can fail. We're slowly seeing that be the case across america.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    It's a pretty simple story we've seen play out over history.

I, as lord of the manor, enter into contract with you, serf, to work on my land. In exchange for your labor I will give you the scraps of my food and the rotten shed housing as housing. Y.

Here is an example of the sheds and table scraps the poor poor souls enjoy and receive..... my gosh, the players are dumpster diving for food at the 7:15 mark.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 10-22-2021 at 04:51 PM.