Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rumors That Lack of NIL Opportunities Is Tanking Recruiting

vCash
    We pay our coach 5M per year for measly results, but can't take care of our student athletes when it is finally legal.

We are MState.

vCash
    One more thing.... why is it MSUs fault? I thought one of the main points of this nil was the ability to freelance without punishment. Oklahoma's Punter has 22k subscribers on YouTube because he does game day vlogs. States players need to take some initiative.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    The Missouri kid is from St. Louis who they convinced to stay home & be a face of the franchise. It wasn't as simple as due to NIL. We're selling Trevion Williams & Jaheim Oatis on doing the same & staying Instate.
    What stopped others from matching or exceeding St Louis money?

The companies ain't paying fair market advertising money are they? Isn't it just mostly "money laundering" for the most part tween cigar boys & bidnesses?
    Last edited by OLJWales; 10-22-2021 at 08:41 AM.

Archimedes
    vCash
    How many of y?all bitching have offered players NIL deals? If you haven?t shut the hell up about it.

If you are going to say you don?t have a business it cost like 50 bucks to create a LLC and run it thru that. We have the biggest bunch of crybabies that have to be spoon feed everything and that?s our biggest problem!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    How many of y?all bitching have offered players NIL deals? If you haven?t shut the hell up about it.

If you are going to say you don?t have a business it cost like 50 bucks to create a LLC and run it thru that. We have the biggest bunch of crybabies that have to be spoon feed everything and that?s our biggest problem!
    Post your LLC info and how much it offers in deals for student athletes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Someone just needs to set up a 501c foundation. (Might be another tax code) Start asking for donations. It would be a tax right off to the donor. The foundation can make who ever they want to be employees and pay them what they want out of the foundation money. I think every politician has one and the foundation get millions in contributions every year. The best part they name their wives employees and pay them millions. Or they do like the Clinton's and named thier daughter. Set one up and make football players employees.
    Spectacular idea! I tried to suggest this (much less eloquently) to Lee Van Horn's group! This would generate millions!

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    What stopped others from matching or exceeding St Louis money?

The companies ain't paying fair market advertising money are they? Isn't it just mostly "money laundering" for the most part tween cigar boys & bidnesses?
    Contrary to popular belief this isn't always about kids getting up front money. If I can present to you a plan on how being the big man in your home state of Missouri is more lucrative than being 1 of 10-15 All Americans at Bama then it's not that difficult.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    Spectacular idea! I tried to suggest this (much less eloquently) to Lee Van Horn's group! This would generate millions!
    You can make donations. The problem is right now they're only available to baseball. Basketball & football deals with VanHorn are coming so donations will be allowed & accepted.

Banned
    vCash
    Contrary to popular belief this isn't always about kids getting up front money. If I can present to you a plan on how being the big man in your home state of Missouri is more lucrative than being 1 of 10-15 All Americans at Bama then it's not that difficult.
    Still doesn't answer the question where the $ is ACTUALLY coming from, no?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    He's not the one(s) complaining. His point is valid.

vCash
    We picked a bad year to have a boring football team with very little star power.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Still doesn't answer the question where the $ is ACTUALLY coming from, no?
    If you're paying a kid in recruiting it's still coming from under the table like always. That hasn't changed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    We picked a bad year to have a boring football team with very little star power.
    That's what people don't understand. We don't have any stars. A Nick Fitzgerald, Kylin Hill, or even Jon Abram would've make good money with NIL deals. Our best 2 players are an OL & a CB from Pensacola that most couldn't pick out of a lineup.

vCash
    Spencer Rattler, D'Eriq King, and DJ Uiagalelei are scaring a lot of companies off from making NIL deals. I mean hell DJ is on everyone's tv every Saturday on a Dr. Pepper commercial and his team isn't even in the Top 25. Rattler has more cars than TDs this year and King is already out for the year.

Banned
    vCash
    If you're paying a kid in recruiting it's still coming from under the table like always. That hasn't changed.
    So cigar $ ain't going to those bidnesses to cover marketing and advertising "costs"?

I'm thinking maybe the Missouri deal developed due to the athlete's local appeal gives a bidness incentives to chip in versus an Alabama bidness where the athlete is not as well known?

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    I?m not one of the one?s bitching. I?m 33 with three kids and student loans so I don?t have the income. But I?m not complaining about what someone else does with their money. If I had the income I would easily create a LLC and help out and wouldn?t ask for help. Just damn do it.

vCash
    Yeah I think some folks think the school is responsible for the nil but that's not true. The school doesn't pay the players or act as agent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah I think some folks think the school is responsible for the nil but that's not true. The school doesn't pay the players or act as agent.
    That's something else that people have a misconception of. The school isn't reaching out to businesses or individuals. Those people have to reach out to the university to let them know they'd like to pursue an NIL deal.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post

Would be interesting to know what percentage of "Bobby Bowden Network Slush Fund" $ comes from average Joe Blow fans like me vs Fat Cats who pull strings. If the latter, your post is quite harsh. If not, good point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    That's something else that people have a misconception of. The school isn't reaching out to businesses or individuals. Those people have to reach out to the university to let them know they'd like to pursue an NIL deal.
    Exactly. I think people think the school is supposed to market the players but that's not how this works.