Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumors That Lack of NIL Opportunities Is Tanking Recruiting

vCash

Rumors That Lack of NIL Opportunities Is Tanking Recruiting

That's the rumor.

Has anyone been asked to participate?

Do MSU businesses get asked to help?

Has our head coach gone to the podium like Oregeron & asked people to help?

This is the rumor yet no one seems to have much interest in communicating with people that can help
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Well what do you expect when you have “cigar boys” that wouldn’t pony up before they could legally do it.

I’m not surprised.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Well what do you expect when you have “cigar boys” that wouldn’t pony up before they could legally do it.

I’m not surprised.
    Yeah, it's not surprising, but frustrating nonetheless. Meanwhile, the baseball team has a massive NIL deal.

The priorities are completely backwards. Makes no sense to me why we wouldn't choose to compete in football first. It literally funds the athletic department & is BY FAR the most followed sport on campus

vCash
    Obviously it's the faculty and staff's fault***

Banned
    vCash
    What we need is business sponsoring each position group to generate interest. Should be a lot more restaurants than Just Moe's trying to sponsor the OL. Seems easy to me to solicit a deal where each OL group gets a free meal once a week from 7 different local restaurants to eat what they need. Same for DL.

Then there is lack of social media promotion. How many recruits even know what NIL deals we do have? We should have a 24/7 social media team producing nonstop content about these type of deals and whether or not you're actually giving a ton of money, having a high quantity of sponsorship exposure would benefit both the team and the city of Starkville. Free meals in exchange for constant social media exposure that a visible college football social media platform seems like an easy trade off.

Promote the hell out of every NIL deal no matter how small and give the appearance of high quantity booster involvement and the perception would change more than having one billionaire oil booster throw each kid $10k a year.

vCash
    As predicted for us. That rule will eventually result in a 20-30 team "NFL" for college football. We won't be a part of it. I doubt Ole Miss will either. Mississippi is a small market. That rule was the death blow to traditional college football, and college athletics in general. Hopefully it won't affect high school ball, which I also love. That being said it's already lead to an absolute abomination in Texas HS ball. Personally I think it all boils down to the fact that liberals hate sports in general, and college football specifically. The recent NIL crap and several other rulings were basically tailor made to destroy traditional interest in amateur college football. If I want to watch pros I will watch the REAL pros. When it comes to football I don't really want to watch pros at all, much less faux ones . I hope I'm wrong, and will be glad if I am.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    What we need is business sponsoring each position group to generate interest. Should be a lot more restaurants than Just Moe's trying to sponsor the OL. Seems easy to me to solicit a deal where each OL group gets a free meal once a week from 7 different local restaurants to eat what they need. Same for DL.

Then there is lack of social media promotion. How many recruits even know what NIL deals we do have? We should have a 24/7 social media team producing nonstop content about these type of deals and whether or not you're actually giving a ton of money, having a high quantity of sponsorship exposure would benefit both the team and the city of Starkville. Free meals in exchange for constant social media exposure that a visible college football social media platform seems like an easy trade off.

Promote the hell out of every NIL deal no matter how small and give the appearance of high quantity booster involvement and the perception would change more than having one billionaire oil booster throw each kid $10k a year.
    Yeah, absolutely no one is communicating what is needed or how people can help

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Yeah, absolutely no one is communicating what is needed or how people can help
    Because we're not a serious program.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    As predicted for us. That rule will eventually result in a 20-30 team "NFL" for college football. We won't be a part of it. I doubt Ole Miss will either. Mississippi is a small market. That rule was the death blow to traditional college football, and college athletics in general. Hopefully it won't affect high school ball, which I also love. That being said it's already lead to an absolute abomination in Texas HS ball. Personally I think it all boils down to the fact that liberals hate sports in general, and college football specifically. The recent NIL crap and several other rulings were basically tailor made to destroy traditional interest in amateur college football. If I want to watch pros I will watch the REAL pros. When it comes to football I don't really want to watch pros at all, much less faux ones . I hope I'm wrong, and will be glad if I am.
    Thinking certain people being the main product of a multi-billion dollar entity and shouldn't see any of that money except bills being forgiven on debt for a college degree which everyday becomes less powerful really shouldn't be a liberal take. Just common sense. You've boogeymanned the wrong thing here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post

Outstanding post.

Banned
    vCash
    17 every thing to death. Just 17 it all to hell cuz I can't figure this shit out. Im at the point of deciding whether spending the time researching is worth it due to the likelihood of it being bullshit anyways. 17 it.

vCash
    We're going to wind up about where we always wind up and with the same type players. Nothing has really changed. Sure we could
    do better but nothings really changed for us. I wish we could do better too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    That's the rumor.

Has anyone been asked to participate?

Do MSU businesses get asked to help?

Has our head coach gone to the podium like Oregeron & asked people to help?

This is the rumor yet no one seems to have much interest in communicating with people that can help
    I'm not surprised. Our AD needs the football coach to literally hold his hand and tell him how to do things. It's ridiculous.

Talk about baseball- well that's basically what Polk did in the 80's. Showed us how to do it. That's why MSU needs a Polk type of football coach and not some offensive guru that can't recruit next time we hire a coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    We're going to wind up about where we always wind up and with the same type players. Nothing has really changed. Sure we could
    do better but nothings really changed for us. I wish we could do better too.
    I wish we would do better. We don't seem to do very well with things that are within our control. And it's absolutely frustrating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I wish we would do better. We don't seem to do very well with things that are within our control. And it's absolutely frustrating.
    Yep, I agree.

Banned
    vCash
    It's 17ing free advertising paid by cigar boys!!! What the living hell is so damned complicated? Just change the name-category of the expenditure from "miscellaneous" on the balance sheet to something the damn H&R Block dude can better understand. 17.

vCash
    I would give money to a recruit IF I knew it would help him sign with us AND if I knew he wouldn't hit the transfer portal. But it's hard for me to give money to a random football player already on the team.

And we just don't have as many deep pocket guys as everyone else in the SEC. The NIL is a net negative for us in football. No doubt about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I would give money to a recruit IF I knew it would help him sign with us AND if I knew he wouldn't hit the transfer portal. But it's hard for me to give money to a random football player already on the team.

And we just don't have as many deep pocket guys as everyone else in the SEC. The NIL is a net negative for us in football. No doubt about it.
    All that is true, but that doesn't explain our total ineptness of planning and outreach with NIL. Honestly, every school outside of the bluebloods have their respective limitations, but we're not even trying. I'm assuming we will eventually get our shit together, but we'll have to be lead by the wrist...

We're always going to be buried by the bluebloods, but now we're going to be slumped by teams who have historically been our equal or worse. wunderbar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    All that is true, but that doesn't explain our total ineptness of planning and outreach with NIL. Honestly, every school outside of the bluebloods have their respective limitations, but we're not even trying. I'm assuming we will eventually get our shit together, but we'll have to be lead by the wrist...

We're always going to be buried by the bluebloods, but now we're going to be slumped by teams who have historically been our equal or worse. wunderbar.
    I agree. I will say this though, it's hard to quantify how much of our poor recruiting is from NIL and how much is a result of a poor recruiting staff led by a head coach who has no desire to recruit.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post

Someone on the team already not worthy? Why sign with a team Like that? Or just hope we don't give a 17 about our reputation ? STATE will 17 you once inked?