Thread: Jayden de Laura

vCash

Jayden de Laura

With all the unrest going on at Wazzu and our staff having recruited him there, I have to wonder if he will be looking to transfer at the end of the season. He'd be a MASSIVE upgrade at the QB position. He's from the same high school as Mariota, Tagovailoa, Masoli, and Timmy Chang. And......he can sling it.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    With all the unrest going on at Wazzu and our staff having recruited him there, I have to wonder if he will be looking to transfer at the end of the season. He'd be a MASSIVE upgrade at the QB position. He's from the same high school as Mariota, Tagovailoa, Masoli, and Timmy Chang. And......he can sling it.
    We need him ready in a couple of days if possible.

vCash
    This could get interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    We need him ready in a couple of days if possible.
    As long as he's on the field by spring I'll be ok

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    If you think he's legit I don't mind. Just know you're losing at least 2 QB's if he wins the job. He's the same class as Sawyer so he's gone & I don't see any way Will stays if a younger guy beats him out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    If you think he's legit I don't mind. Just know you're losing at least 2 QB's if he wins the job. He's the same class as Sawyer so he's gone & I don't see any way Will stays if a younger guy beats him out.
    And our two other "massive upgrade" QB transfers worked out so well

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    That doesn't bother me at all. What happened in the past has no bearing on the next kid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Scared money don't make money. And if you think we're good with Will and can take the next step then I've got prime oceanfront property in Marshall Co that I think you'd be interested in

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I doubt Sawyer is sitting on the bench for three years without leaving, so we're going to lose Sawyer or Will regardless (unless Sawyer just stays for baseball) in the next year or so.

You don't get him unless you tell him he's likely going to be the starter, and you don't tell him he's likely to be the starter unless you're pretty sure he's an upgrade over Will immediately, so I am good with it if we get him.

ETA: I'm not one that thinks we are in desperate need of upgrading the QB position, but if you can do it, obviously you do it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I doubt Sawyer is sitting on the bench for three years without leaving, so we're going to lose Sawyer or Will regardless (unless Sawyer just stays for baseball) in the next year or so.

You don't get him unless you tell him he's likely going to be the starter, and you don't tell him he's likely to be the starter unless you're pretty sure he's an upgrade over Will immediately, so I am good with it if we get him.

ETA: I'm not one that thinks we are in desperate need of upgrading the QB position, but if you can do it, obviously you do it.
    From what I've heard Sawyer is a lot more serious about baseball than football right now. So that definitely is a situation that bears watching. I agree that Will does leave, but we'll still have Locke and Greek as well as the 17 walk ons Leach brings in every year.

Banned
    vCash
    From what I've heard Sawyer is a lot more serious about baseball than football right now. So that definitely is a situation that bears watching. I agree that Will does leave, but we'll still have Locke and Greek as well as the 17 walk ons Leach brings in every year.
    WTF is this? Never heard squat about this. Has he even tried the 17 out?

vCash
    I've heard that on here but have no clue how he could have shown that at this point. Is he skipping football stuff to go to baseball? Is he just not taking football seriously so people are assuming (hoping?) he cares about baseball instead?

vCash
    Scared money don't make money. And if you think we're good with Will and can take the next step then I've got prime oceanfront property in Marshall Co that I think you'd be interested in
    I'm all for going after kids but we need to tamper expectations for them imo- mainly because of this scheme.

vCash
    He committed to Wazzu when Leach was still there so you absolutely can?t rule it out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I've heard that on here but have no clue how he could have shown that at this point. Is he skipping football stuff to go to baseball? Is he just not taking football seriously so people are assuming (hoping?) he cares about baseball instead?
    I think it's a bit more that some within the program don't perceive that he's taking football very seriously. Having trouble picking up the playbook, which is telling in Leach's system. Again, those same people say things might have turned the corner with him the last couple of weeks so we shall see. I still think if de Laura enters the portal then we'd be remiss not to atleast take a shot at him.