Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LSU/Manning

vCash

LSU/Manning

Wonder if the LSU coaching change allows for them to pursue Arch Manning?

How many tears would the RebelBearShark fans cry if Kiffen takes over and Manning commits to the Tigers???

vCash
    Smart people have to be in Kiffin's ear telling him that the time to go is now! With Corral leaving, he's not gonna have this kind of success that he's having this year for awhile. So, you better strike while the iron is hot and get LSU or Miami, etc. If they are 6-6 next year (which is the likely best scenario) his "shine" is gonna be way off.

vCash
    Maybe. I wouldn't rule it out at this point. It really all depends on who LSU hires.

Since the Manning's have zero ties to LSU him going somewhere else isn't too shocking for LSU fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    Smart people have to be in Kiffin's ear telling him that the time to go is now! With Corral leaving, he's not gonna have this kind of success that he's having this year for awhile. So, you better strike while the iron is hot and get LSU or Miami, etc. If they are 6-6 next year (which is the likely best scenario) his "shine" is gonna be way off.
    Similar to Mullen w/ Dak.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Maybe. I wouldn't rule it out at this point. It really all depends on who LSU hires.

Since the Manning's have zero ties to LSU him going somewhere else isn't too shocking for LSU fans.
    I don't follow recruiting, but would the gap be too large for them to makeup if they make a splash hire that is offensive minded??? Are the bonds being made now too much to overcome? I realize the family doesn't have ties, but the kid has grown up in the state. Have to imagine that most, if not all, of those that live in Louisiana pull for LSU. Or am I wrong on that?

vCash
    If Kiffen leaves, Ole Miss will hire whomever Cooper and Archie tells them to hire to land Arch.

Cooper has always been the most vocal of the Manning's regarding his rooting interest, Ole Miss.

This weekend of kissing Eli's ass is all about maintaining the relationship with the Manning family.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 10-21-2021 at 05:25 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    If Kiffen leaves, Ole Miss will hire whomever Cooper and Archie tells them to hire to land Arch.
    Yep. If Kiffin leaves, the new coach will be approved by the Mannings.

Banned
    vCash
    Why has Arch not named the glory holers in his top 3? Or has he updated of late?

vCash
    Rumors are the Oklahoma QB will transfer out and Ole Dixie is one of the schools he would look at.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Rumors are the Oklahoma QB will transfer out and Ole Dixie is one of the schools he would look at.
    you mean his isn't looking to play in the airbone?
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    you mean his isn't looking to play in the airbone?
    I think he doesn't like the rep thing over and over**

vCash
    I think Texas is the odds on favorite for Manning sweepstakes.

Banned
    vCash
    Prediction: Manning INC. gives no public indication then flipmas.
    Last edited by OLJWales; 10-21-2021 at 10:54 AM.

vCash
    He going to be a bulldog. Eastside Bulldog though.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Where did you see this rumor??? On a message board? I haven't seen that rumor anywhere but there.
    No Signature

vCash
    I think he doesn't like the rep thing over and over**
    Kiffin is already actively recruiting the Richardson kid from Florida.

I?m told that Kiffin at the bears is not helping them with arch.

If he leaves, that could help them with his recruitment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Where did you see this rumor??? On a message board? I haven't seen that rumor anywhere but there.
    I read it on some sports page, said his best "choices" Bearsharks, Vols and Georgia.

vCash
    Did Coop go to Old Mrs?

vCash
    Smart doesn't miss out on too many recruits he actively goes after..... He's going to UGA.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SailingDawg View Post
    Did Coop go to Old Mrs?
    Yep but an illness ended it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Similar to Mullen w/ Dak.

I don't follow recruiting, but would the gap be too large for them to makeup if they make a splash hire that is offensive minded??? Are the bonds being made now too much to overcome? I realize the family doesn't have ties, but the kid has grown up in the state. Have to imagine that most, if not all, of those that live in Louisiana pull for LSU. Or am I wrong on that?
    I think the Manning's are still open minded at this point. His leader has changed several times.

LSU was one of those leaders early on after they won a National Championship so I think anything is possible with this next coaching cycle coming up.