Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trey Carter - 4* DE

vCash

Trey Carter - 4* DE

Trey Carter visited this weekend. He's a 4 star DE from Texas. Offers from Texas, Ok State, OU, Miami, Arizona. You get the picture.

Apparently he had a great time:

"Oh, man it was awesome," said Carter of his visit. "I had a great time and they all showed me and my family a great time.

"I loved everything about it."

"Mississippi State is right where they need to be," said Carter with a chuckle. "That's all I can really say.

"I am not ready to delete anybody from the picture or name any leaders, but Mississippi State is right where they need to be with me.

"I have family in Vicksburg and in Jackson too, so that is something I am going to think about.

"My grandmother lives in Vicksburg."

We look to be in good shape.

vCash
    Thanks for the info....sounds like we had a great response overall.

I just saw on twitter where Jamoral Graham said "MSU should have beaten Bama last night. Them boys better be ready for next year though". So apparently Jamoral is fully on board. That is great news to me

vCash
    Great news... Be tremendous if we start recruiting La and Texas like we could. Next year has potential to be a tremendous DL class for us...

Some talk out there right now that Moton is telling LSU insiders that he didn't actually commit to us -- so who knows?

vCash
    I can check on Moton this week
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Molton probably got caught up in the moment. No one has been able to contact him yet. Also, Staley (QB commit) said he feels good about both Trey and Reed. Said he feels they may be close to both committing. His family and Trey's family hung out and their dad's swapped numbers.

vCash
    Anyone hear anything about Marlon Humphrey's visit? Wondering what he thought.

vCash
    Was a great game for defensive recruits to see and even offensive recruits as I would assume they would believe with their help we could have beaten Bama. Personally, I am on the fire Mullen bandwagon now but after the showing last night and how close we were to upsetting them should have made for a great recruiting atmosphere. That and the crowd was electric on the TV. If we can get Dak back, we will finish the year 7-6.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully01 View Post
    Was a great game for defensive recruits to see and even offensive recruits as I would assume they would believe with their help we could have beaten Bama. Personally, I am on the fire Mullen bandwagon now but after the showing last night and how close we were to upsetting them should have made for a great recruiting atmosphere. That and the crowd was electric on the TV. If we can get Dak back, we will finish the year 7-6.
    I personally don't understand how anyone can be on the fire Dan Mullen bandwagon right now.

I totally understand how you could be if we lose to ARK and or OM, but after last night, you seriously think that, if the season ended today, we need a change?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I personally don't understand how anyone can be on the fire Dan Mullen bandwagon right now.

I totally understand how you could be if we lose to ARK and or OM, but after last night, you seriously think that, if the season ended today, we need a change?
    we lost. Bama played pitiful and we still lost. Our offense(Dan's specialty) was awful. Yes, I am still on the HUD train!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

Why would you think that game would be enough to sway the non-roller coaster fans one way or another? It looked almost exactly like 2011 to me. Glad the effort was back -- but coaching style and mistakes basically guarantees we will never win a game like that under Mullen. I've seen no improvement on these things since 2009 and no reason to believe they are going to fix themselves anytime soon. That's the part that I'm most down on

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    Why would you think that game would be enough to sway the non-roller coaster fans one way or another? It looked almost exactly like 2011 to me. Glad the effort was back -- but coaching style and mistakes basically guarantees we will never win a game like that under Mullen. I've seen no improvement on these things since 2009 and no reason to believe they are going to fix themselves anytime soon. That's the part that I'm most down on
    This is how I feel too.

vCash
    delete

vCash
    Well said.

vCash
    This is exactly how I feel what Engie said and after that performance last night it made me realize we will never get the wins we got under Sherrill with Mullen. He just doesn't have it in him to win those type of games. Alabama basically gave us that game and played the worst game they have played under Saban and they still beat us by two scores. That should tell you something.

I hate to say it but that is a great parallel between how poorly LSU played against Ole Miss this year. They won their statement game. We didn't. We had a 4-1 advantage in the turnover game and that was similar to what LSU had against Ole Miss. I was a Dan supporter until that game last night when I realized no matter what happens and who is playing he won't win those games.

vCash
    You make fair points, well said. After last night, and barring losing to Ark and or OM, I believe Mullen deserves a spring and season with HIS style of QB, and a chance to fix these problems that are simple to correct.

I realize he has short comings, but the players play hard for him, and schemes are solid.

Barring a disaster, I believe he deserves one more year with some sort of win or be gone ultimatum.

vCash
    TR being our qb guaranteed we were gonna lose. We can't run the ball against good teams with him out there. For us to take bama to the 4th quarter with no qb and kicker is a credit to our defense and coaching staff IMO. Bama didnt play well on offense bc we played so well on defense. To say bama just didnt play well against air is incorrect. We forced them to play bad IMO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    we lost. Bama played pitiful and we still lost. Our offense(Dan's specialty) was awful. Yes, I am still on the HUD train!
    You are wrong. Bama played good we just made them look bad by forcing turn overs. Our guys striped the ball twice and made good plays on good passes and intercepted the ball. So don't let your Mullen hate take away what our defense was able to do.

vCash
    This is exactly how I feel what Engie said and after that performance last night it made me realize we will never get the wins we got under Sherrill with Mullen. He just doesn't have it in him to win those type of games. Alabama basically gave us that game and played the worst game they have played under Saban and they still beat us by two scores. That should tell you something.

I hate to say it but that is a great parallel between how poorly LSU played against Ole Miss this year. They won their statement game. We didn't. We had a 4-1 advantage in the turnover game and that was similar to what LSU had against Ole Miss. I was a Dan supporter until that game last night when I realized no matter what happens and who is playing he won't win those games.

This is not the same SEC west that JWS faced every year.

vCash
    We love us some moral victories at MSU while our rival actually wins games ie LSU. Great news about crutin but it's really nothing that HUD couldn't pull in. I guess I'm in the minority as I'm more on get rid of Dan band wagon after last night. Bama gift wrapped that game for us With thise 4 TO. We will finish 4-8 due to the great QB recruiting over last 5 years

vCash

Lsu = bama? Really? I thought bama was the 2-time defending national champs with a coach that didnt allow let downs