Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tigerdroppings

vCash

Tigerdroppings

(A buddy of mine sent me a copy of this post of their board. Mind boggling.)
    LSU is one of the best coaching jobs in the U.S.
    Posted by crawdaddy717 on 10/19/21 at 7:10 am
    We can have any coach we want with the possible exception of Saban and Smart. So why is our minority president demanding the hiring of Mel Tucker, a minority and wholly unproven candidate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgsfanalongtime77 View Post
    (A buddy of mine sent me a copy of this post of their board. Mind boggling.)
    LSU is one of the best coaching jobs in the U.S.
    Posted by crawdaddy717 on 10/19/21 at 7:10 am
    We can have any coach we want with the possible exception of Saban and Smart. So why is our minority president demanding the hiring of Mel Tucker, a minority and wholly unproven candidate
    Yikes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Yikes
    Double yikes.

Outside of the racism, the "with the possible exception of Saban and Smart" is especially LOLZ.

vCash
    Bad choice of words but he might have been referring to the idea that the reason they are considering him is because he's a minority not that he is good enough to do the job. Don't know. In todays world I am willing to give him the benefit of doubt.

vCash
    They thought that last time and ended up with Orgeron.

Tucker is technically unproven but he comes from the Saban tree and is doing a good job this season. That's why his name is out there.

LSU wants a splash and they may be SOL. Firing a guy less than 2 years after winning a Natty doesnt help their cause.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    They thought that last time and ended up with Orgeron.

Tucker is technically unproven but he comes from the Saban tree and is doing a good job this season. That's why his name is out there.

LSU wants a splash and they may be SOL. Firing a guy less than 2 years after winning a Natty doesnt help their cause.
    I think Kiffin wants the job - he wants to get on the national stage and that job gives him the opportunity to do that. It gives him a pipeline to talent that only 3-4 jobs in the country have access to.

They would love him there. Bonus is that it gets him out of oxford.

I think they may make a run at Urban as well. Woodward can sell people on how it worked for Bama and Saban and Urban wants out of Jacksonville badly.

If they end up with Aranda or Tucker, those will be solid hires but not what the fan base wants.

vCash
    I think Kiffin wants the job - he wants to get on the national stage and that job gives him the opportunity to do that. It gives him a pipeline to talent that only 3-4 jobs in the country have access to.

I think they may make a run at Urban as well. Woodward can sell people on how it worked for Bama and Saban and Urban wants out of Jacksonville badly.

If they end up with Aranda or Tucker, those will be solid hires but not what the fan base wants.
    If Kiffin leaves OM for LSU the meltdown will be glorious.

vCash
    Kiffin has a chance- but his rep for chasing tale almost kills his chance as well. That's one of the reasons O is gone.

vCash
    Kiffin has a chance- but his rep for chasing tale almost kills his chance as well. That's one of the reasons O is gone.
    He's a single guy now, and surprisingly he's kept a low profile in Oxford.

vCash

I agree. Kiffin seems the logical choice. Will need to change his catchphrase however. Better get your corndogs ready. I think Franklin could get the USC job.

vCash
    So does that mean the same for urban?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    He's a single guy now, and surprisingly he's kept a low profile in Oxford.
    It took four years before we found out about Freeze and whore cracking pecker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Double yikes.

Outside of the racism, the "with the possible exception of Saban and Smart" is especially LOLZ.
    There are some LSU beat guys who have said this week that the new president, Tate, wants a minority hire. Jordy Culotta for one. If that is true and I'm a fan of LSU I would not be happy if that is one of the top criterion. Same way if it a criterion was for the coach to be white or a man. Just give me the best person for the job. I don't care if it's an Asian transgendered male.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    he might have been referring to the idea that the reason they are considering him is because he's a minority not that he is good enough to do the job. Don't know. In todays world I am willing to give him the benefit of doubt.
    Listen to the Jurdy Cullotta interview on Out of Bounds from yesterday. Cullota says the President wants a minority candidate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    There are some LSU beat guys who have said this week that the new president, Tate, wants a minority hire. Jordy Culotta for one. If that is true and I'm a fan of LSU I would not be happy if that is one of the top criterion. Same way if it a criterion was for the coach to be white or a man. Just give me the best person for the job. I don't care if it's an Asian transgendered male.
    If that's really true, he needs to be fired. Even if you want a minority hire, why would you let that info out and immediately undermine your next head coach if he does end up being a minority. The first information anybody has about the coaching search is that merit wasn't the first consideration? Just 17ing stupid info to let out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    It may be true, I suppose, but I really doubt it is. Considering they've just tasted a NC, and Ed O has sucked since...they want one thing: to win again. They will want to hire a guy that will win them games. Now if that candidate happens to be black, and they can get some form of "good will", I suppose that would be a positive, but I can't imagine that is even remotely a top priority of their administration.

I feel this type of rumor is the similar to how message board folks here gossip about John Cohen, or others about their AD's, coaches, etc. They make up some reason/excuse for things, and run with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    It took four years before we found out about Freeze and whore cracking pecker.
    Lol, good point. They are masters at covering "things" up.

vCash
    If Lane wants that job then he needs to keep his mouth shut and out of the spotlight for the remainder of the season. Which is going to be pretty much impossible for him. My money right now is on Arranda being the hire if he can guarantee a top notch OC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    If Lane wants that job then he needs to keep his mouth shut and out of the spotlight for the remainder of the season. Which is going to be pretty much impossible for him. My money right now is on Arranda being the hire if he can guarantee a top notch OC.
    If Arranda gets it they missed on 4-5 guys

vCash
    If Arranda gets it they missed on 4-5 guys
    Agreed. I think they want an offensive minded guy.