Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Leach presser question

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    This being a true statement tells you where we are as a program. We haven't said anything like that since Croom left. That's frustrating & depressing to me that a game against Vandy isn't a for sure W.
    Dan Mullen had a close call with a g5 team many times and lost to South Alabama. Joe Moorhead almost lost to ULL. We are 3 touchdown favorites to Vandy Saturday. If we lose to hem it will be a huge upset. You are acting irrationally.

vCash
    This being a true statement tells you where we are as a program. We haven't said anything like that since Croom left. That's frustrating & depressing to me that a game against Vandy isn't a for sure W.
    We were capable of losing to a garbage south Alabama team that didn't have a winning record that year.

FCS samford gave us all we wanted. Very capable of losing that.

We were capable of losing to a 3-9 uab team in 2011. Had to come from behind in the second half.

Vandy has two wins and lost on the road to Usce by 1. They suck but they aren't all time bad. Most years we've been capable of losing to the worst team in the sec.

We also have two wins over teams that are top 20 and will finish top 20 or better.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    We were capable of losing to a garbage south Alabama team that didn't have a winning record that year.

We were capable of losing to a 3-9 uab team in 2011. Had to come from behind in the second half.

Vandy has two wins and lost on the road to Usce by 1. They suck but they aren't all time bad. Most years we've been capable of losing to the worst team in the sec.

We also have two wins over teams that are top 20 and will finish top 20 or better.
    We didn't go into any of those games thinking it was possible we'd lose.

vCash

We didn't think going into any games we'd lose. Ok so Vandy is 2-10 bad this year not 0-12 bad. Does that make it better?

vCash
    The Latech and Memphis games did it for me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Dan Mullen had a close call with a g5 team many times and lost to South Alabama. Joe Moorhead almost lost to ULL. We are 3 touchdown favorites to Vandy Saturday. If we lose to hem it will be a huge upset. You are acting irrationally.
    If stating that the fact that we could lose to Vandy is a sad state of affairs is acting irrationally then so be it. I've been called worse.

vCash
    You should also mention our losses and where those teams rank...

vCash
    We literally lost one of them. Therefore we obviously were capable of losing it, just like we are capable of losing to Vandy Saturday. If you didn't think we were capable of losing, that's on you.

vCash
    We didn't think going into any games we'd lose. Ok so Vandy is 2-10 bad this year not 0-12 bad. Does that make it better?
    If you didn't think we were capable of losing a game that we actually lost, that's on you. I absolutely knew it was possible, but I'm just wired that way, prob bc I've been there done that.
    I was also the only person on the Memphis prediction thread who didn't say we would win. Granted I didn't say we would lose, I just said it would be a 3 point game and either team could win.

vCash
    Shouldn?t our AD or SID keep this reporter from even being present for this press conference if the reporter did not follow protocol? Why does Leach have to be the bad guy?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    You should also mention our losses and where those teams rank...
    I already did. I've had a whole thread on this. It's why I picked us to beat a top 20 nc state but didn't pick us to beat Memphis. We are capable of losing to anybody on our schedule and beating anybody on our schedule. It's the mike leach way. He had years where he lost to an fcs team and beat a top 10 team. It's a roller coaster.

For the record, I do think we beat Vandy. But that doesn't mean it is outside the realm of possibility we could lose.
    Last edited by confucius say; 10-20-2021 at 10:27 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    Shouldn?t our AD or SID keep this reporter from even being present for this press conference if the reporter did not follow protocol? Why does Leach have to be the bad guy?
    Our admin hasn't stood up to the CL for years despite constant mistreatment.

vCash
    Lol you cant be a state fan go into games thinking its impossible to lose. Jackie had his share of awful losses as has most every state coach. Acting like its new for state to be able to crap the bed at any time is a bit unrealistic. In any sport for that matter.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    If stating that the fact that we could lose to Vandy is a sad state of affairs is acting irrationally then so be it. I've been called worse.

We have fielded teams every year outside of 2 or 3 since Croom left where we could possibly lose to a team of Vandy’s caliber yet you weren’t on here talking like this about how you were not sure about the game being a sure win. We are 3 touchdown favorites and it’s highly unlikely that we don’t win the game. You are 100 % acting irrational.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    We have fielded teams every year outside of 2 or 3 since Croom left where we could possibly lose to a team of Vandy’s caliber yet you weren’t on here talking like this about how you were not sure about the game being a sure win. We are 3 touchdown favorites and it’s highly unlikely that we don’t win the game. You are 100 % acting irrational.
    Cool

vCash
    Not sure but I think it's close that this Vandy team may be the worse it's had in a long time. We may be a 20 plus favored but I'm a little concerned going on the road and the situation we have a QB. I sure we had a player like "I will let you catch catch a pass IF you will do my homework"! LOL, I went to that game and the radio talk in Nashville was overwhelming with Vandy fans thinking and saying how they would beat us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Does anyone else find the constant bullshit questions way off topic from football to be a huge issue? Like, are we all really tired of our reporters continuously asking Leach about pirates and other bullcrap?
    Can we all agree that 95% of the questions should be about our team, our obstacles, or preparation, personnel, etc.

If I have to hear one more question about something stupid........
    Yes, Siiiir.

vCash
    That was 1 of the things our fans loved about him coming in. I heard plenty of times about how entertaining the press conferences was going to be because you never knew what Leach was going to talk about.
    The difference is that he is asked a football question, which is what they are supposed to do. And Leach himself turns that into something completely random, which is what he is supposed to do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Not sure but I think it's close that this Vandy team may be the worse it's had in a long time. We may be a 20 plus favored but I'm a little concerned going on the road and the situation we have a QB. I sure we had a player like "I will let you catch catch a pass IF you will do my homework"! LOL, I went to that game and the radio talk in Nashville was overwhelming with Vandy fans thinking and saying how they would beat us.
    I think we win but would be very surprised if we cover the 20. I think it's more of a 10 point game.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Remember that well. Glorious. Vandy paper did a piece before game picking at the jucos and academic standards at STATE. We beat the shit out of them. Did Smoot ever let dude catch a pass ? Did Smoot get any free homework?