Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Leach presser question

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    IYOK we trying to tell them but some are just still in awe that we hired The Mike Leach... can't see past the name.
    I'm not a big leach fan and don't think he deserves praise. I just dont understand why Pittman is praised when he has the same talent profile as leach and an easier scheme transition and both are 7-10.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    This I agree with. Except I will say that we are averaging a TD more this year than last. We will see where that number lands at seasons end.

And it's not just the offense. The defense has not improved at all. And prob has gotten worse honestly.
    Last year was an All SEC schedule. This year through 3 SEC games we're avg the same amount of points. I'm hopeful by the end of the year we avg a TD more against SEC comp.

vCash
    McElroy is right....Leach is obviously on the defensive

vCash
    If you wing games you don't have to be concerned about the media...it takes care of itself

vCash
    That's why Leech should have never been hired.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Last year was an All SEC schedule. This year through 3 SEC games we're avg the same amount of points. I'm hopeful by the end of the year we avg a TD more against SEC comp.
    Yea we will see where we are.

I think nc state defense should be included too since it's defense is 6th in the country. Not that it would improve our average much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    Bc he refused to take a question from a CL reporter? We've been clamoring for CL access to be cut off for years

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    He's 3-3 with wins over two teams currently ranked in the top 20. Let's let the season play out.

vCash
    Yea we will see where we are.

I think nc state defense should be included too since it's defense is 6th in the country. Not that it would improve our average much.
    Yep the offense was bad against NC St too. We only scored 17 points & only had 316 yards. The defense & Tulu really played well.

Banned
    vCash
    He's 3-3 with wins over two teams currently ranked in the top 20. Let's let the season play out.
    Cut dat common sense out!! We need mo bitchin up in here!!

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    The offense is clearly better than last year. Game 1 last year was complete fools gold and those stats skew the numbers to make our offense look less terrible than it was for most of the year. Unfortunately we have not had anyone stupid enough to repeat Bo Pelini’s game plan this year. I was as disappointed as anyone with the Alabama game but some of you are acting ridiculous. We have 6 games remaining and have a decent shot at winning most of those games if we simply play clean. Having our kicker back is huge. He is the difference in a couple of games (and our offense averaging about a TD more than it did last year so far even with the LSU stats from 2020). We have a good shot to finish between 6-6 and 8-4. If we choke and end up 5-7 then we will have to back up and reevaluate but damn. Chill out.
    Last edited by Jarius; 10-20-2021 at 03:17 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    The offense is clearly better than last year. Game 1 last year was complete fools gold and those stats skew the numbers to make our offense look less terrible than it was for most of the year. I was as disappointed as anyone with the Alabama game but some of you are acting ridiculous.
    Yep. Fools gold with Leach's first game. Biggest Buzz Kill EVAH with what followed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    The offense is clearly better than last year. Game 1 last year was complete fools gold and those stats skew the numbers to make our offense look less terrible than it was for most of the year. Unfortunately we have not had anyone stupid enough to repeat Bo Pelini’s game plan this year. I was as disappointed as anyone with the Alabama game but some of you are acting ridiculous. We have 6 games remaining and have a decent shot at winning most of those games if we simply play clean. Having our kicker back is huge. He is the difference in a couple of games (and our offense averaging about a TD more than it did last year so far even with the LSU stats from 2020). We have a good shot to finish between 6-6 and 8-4. If we choke and end up 5-7 then we will have to back up and reevaluate but damn. Chill out.
    Exactly.

6-6/8-4 is all possible. But so is 5-7. 5-7 definitely gets me straddling the fence on Leach. Hell, looking like ass against Vandy this weekend might get me there quicker than 5-7.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Yep the offense was bad against NC St too. We only scored 17 points & only had 316 yards. The defense & Tulu really played well.
    Both of which are more than that defense gives up on average.

And if you're only going to count points scored while the offense is on the field, then the jump in offensive points from last year to this year is higher bc we scored 4 defensive/ST TD last year and only 1 plus a safety this year.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Exactly.

6-6/8-4 is all possible. But so is 5-7. 5-7 definitely gets me straddling the fence on Leach. Hell, looking like ass against Vandy this weekend might get me there quicker than 5-7.
    No doubt. I’m anxious about Will’s arm because it’s already not strong and now it’s injured. That is a recipe for disaster against good defenses. Luckily we only play 1 or 2 more good defense this year so hopefully it is just a minor sprain that he can shoot up for the game and be fine. If we finish 5-7 I promise I will be raising hell with everyone but right now I don’t see that as being a very high possibility.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Anyone know who it was that leach refused to allow to ask a Question?
    Does anyone else find the constant bullshit questions way off topic from football to be a huge issue? Like, are we all really tired of our reporters continuously asking Leach about pirates and other bullcrap?
    Can we all agree that 95% of the questions should be about our team, our obstacles, or preparation, personnel, etc.

If I have to hear one more question about something stupid........
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Exactly.

Vanderbilt played South Carolina close last week-end. Not saying much because I don't think South Carolina is very good, but South Carolina had to score in the last minute to win. They won 21-20. Overall, I think Vanderbilt is probably about as good as Memphis. Of course, we got robbed by the referees in the Memphis game,but it shouldn't have come down to that.

vCash
    We are certainly capable of losing to Vandy.
    And beating multiple top 20 teams. Wild.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Does anyone else find the constant bullshit questions way off topic from football to be a huge issue? Like, are we all really tired of our reporters continuously asking Leach about pirates and other bullcrap?
    Can we all agree that 95% of the questions should be about our team, our obstacles, or preparation, personnel, etc.

If I have to hear one more question about something stupid........
    That was 1 of the things our fans loved about him coming in. I heard plenty of times about how entertaining the press conferences was going to be because you never knew what Leach was going to talk about.

vCash
    We are certainly capable of losing to Vandy.
    This being a true statement tells you where we are as a program. We haven't said anything like that since Croom left. That's frustrating & depressing to me that a game against Vandy isn't a for sure W.