Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick Rolovich (Wazzu) fired with cause

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    People have got to stop looking at it through that right v left lens. I can guarantee you 95% of physicians were not changing their stance as pro vaccine based on the election result.
    I agree. But politicians did. Including our VP, admittedly. They all suck and most are evil. They work for us, not the other way around. Our republic is built on that rock. At some point that's been lost.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    The ignorance on the law and vaccine mandates is astounding. That issue was settled a LONG time ago by the Supreme Court. They are legal and Constitutional. It would take overturning several previous rulings to make it otherwise.
    The only thing that will get them in trouble is if they have real discrepancies in how they handle exemptions.

vCash
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I can think of one way - if he's Catholic, the Pope has decreed all vaccines morally acceptable and that Catholics have a duty to get the vaccine. Kinda screws the religious exemption argument when the Holy See declares it null.
    No, it doesn't. Even if he were Catholic, it wouldn't do it. There are times that the Pope speaks for the Church, but not every stupid thing the Pope says become doctrine thankfully.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    https://www.npr.org/2021/10/04/10425...licated-to-get

Both Jehovah's Witnesses and Christian Scientists (!) have released official statements that the COVID vaccine is not prohibited, so people in either of those groups may have trouble getting a religious exemption.
    Really doesn't matter if they are applying the law correctly. All that matters on that part of the test is that it is a sincere religious belief. The entire point of religious exemptions is to protect those outside of mainstream. Until recently, you didn't really need a religious exemption for mainstream positions because there weren't really places beyond the municipal level that an animus towards religion was actually a winning political message.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Already is. A vaccine mandated law passed by a state legislature has been upheld, as Liverpool referred to on the previous page. But a vaccine mandate via executive order or via an emergency temporary standard through OSHA (which is what Biden is doing) has never been ruled upon by SCOTUS. Is it legal? We will see, but I have my reservations.

Even if it is legal though (or if a state mandates it), federal law is clear that you are exempted from it if a sincerely held religious belief prevents you from taking the vaccine and a reasonable accommodation (like working remote, working alone, or daily testing) exists that doesn't cause your employer an undue hardship.
    That's probably not what Biden is doing. As soon as the ETS is put in place, it will be challenged and should be enjoined. The announcement of the ETS is just to give employers cover to put mandates in place. The longer it drags out between the announcement and actually doing something that can be legally challenged, the better for the employers trying to use it as an excuse.

vCash
    https://www.npr.org/2021/10/04/10425...licated-to-get

Both Jehovah's Witnesses and Christian Scientists (!) have released official statements that the COVID vaccine is not prohibited, so people in either of those groups may have trouble getting a religious exemption.
    Those are the two that most often object to things like vaccines. If they approve then a religious objection should be almost impossible to get approved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    And that should be compliance. Infection provides strong immunity from covid, in most cases more so than the vaccine. Heck I've been vaccinated and had covid after so I feel pretty safe from covid lol!
    You have it exactly backwards. Now you are correct the best is having covid first and then getting the vaccine.

vCash
    Desantis can't get into the WH soon enough

vCash
    People should also stop arguing in bad faith and recognize the clear difference in "I wouldn't take the vaccine on the orders of X politician - it would have to be approved by scientists" and "I'm not taking the vaccine period" rather than dishonestly trying to draw an equivalence between the two. But of course people often don't do what they should do.
    Actually I think people should stop pretending like what our disaster of a Vice President was doing was anything other than playing politics with people's lives. She didn't want Trump to get credit for the vaccine, so she sowed doubt and hesitancy in people's minds. Period. To suggest anything else is just mind-numbingly ignorant. If her doing that killed a few hundred or thousand people, she could care less. And anyone defending it as well.

vCash
    There have been vaccine mandates for generations in order to attend public school. Why is everyone so pissed off over this one?

I think it is because of the internet and social media. There is misinformation ranging from bold faced lies to partial truths that has created a divide between groups.

If you have a stance, there is a place you can go to reinforce your beliefs on the internet. We aren't living in the information age but the misinformation age.

Among the major news sources the worst offenders are FOX, CNN and MSNBC. I find ABC & CBS are much less biased and I prefer BBC. I find BBC the least biased. I see them reporting US News from an outsiders view point which I find refreshing.

Oh well, this pandemic surely is coming to a close. We should be getting closer to that herd immunity thingy at some point. At least that's my story and I am sticking to it.

vCash
    You have it exactly backwards. Now you are correct the best is having covid first and then getting the vaccine.
    Well unfortunately covid chose me after I was vaccinated, lol. but have also had the antibody test after covid and my levels are higher than with just the vaccine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    There have been vaccine mandates for generations in order to attend public school. Why is everyone so pissed off over this one?

I think it is because of the internet and social media. There is misinformation ranging from bold faced lies to partial truths that has created a divide between groups.

If you have a stance, there is a place you can go to reinforce your beliefs on the internet. We aren't living in the information age but the misinformation age.

Among the major news sources the worst offenders are FOX, CNN and MSNBC. I find ABC & CBS are much less biased and I prefer BBC. I find BBC the least biased. I see them reporting US News from an outsiders view point which I find refreshing.

Oh well, this pandemic surely is coming to a close. We should be getting closer to that herd immunity thingy at some point. At least that's my story and I am sticking to it.
    Gee I wonder why? Maybe its because it stems from a virus that was created in a lab by a country that has their hand in manipulating everything in this world to benefit them, through corporations, paying off politicians, pharma. And at a time a certain political party went batshit crazy cause a certain someone was elected president a few years back and decided to turn the world upside down to not have him re-elected. And then use every tactic imaginable to divide the country by creating all these lockdowns and mandates, with using a vaccine that was created in record time without testing, for something that is just as beatable without the vax.

Nah, that can't be it. Probably people just scared of needles.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post
    Gee I wonder why? Maybe its because it stems from a virus that was created in a lab by a country that has their hand in manipulating everything in this world to benefit them, through corporations, paying off politicians, pharma. And at a time a certain political party went batshit crazy cause a certain someone was elected president a few years back and decided to turn the world upside down to not have him re-elected. And then use every tactic imaginable to divide the country by creating all these lockdowns and mandates, with using a vaccine that was created in record time without testing, for something that is just as beatable without the vax.

Nailed it
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    The mandate is gonna look really silly when we look back in about 5 years. Anyone with common sense knows this will be like the flu and be with us for eternity due to it having animal hosts. Its all a power play and some people take it hook line and sinker.
    Some employers require the flu shot. This one is deadlier and more debilitating than the flu. It causes way more missed work time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Well unfortunately covid chose me after I was vaccinated, lol. but have also had the antibody test after covid and my levels are higher than with just the vaccine.
    That too but it's better the other way around. What you had backwards is natural immunity being better than the vaccine. Most reputable studies show exactly the opposite. There have been a few that have been seized on by certain media outlets that show the other way, but the preponderance of the evidence so far says the vaccines do better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post

You need to take off the tinfoil hat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Really doesn't matter if they are applying the law correctly. All that matters on that part of the test is that it is a sincere religious belief. The entire point of religious exemptions is to protect those outside of mainstream. Until recently, you didn't really need a religious exemption for mainstream positions because there weren't really places beyond the municipal level that an animus towards religion was actually a winning political message.
    Actually you can't all of a sudden adopt a "sincere religious belief" to get around something you don't like. It has to be a previously held belief that you have evidence of. It also generally has to be consistent with a known religious sect and you must have had a previous and current association with that sect. You can't just make up your own religion to get out of something.

vCash
    Some employers require the flu shot. This one is deadlier and more debilitating than the flu. It causes way more missed work time.
    And thats fine if a private company wants to mandate a shot but the government mandating it will only make things worse and more divided.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    And thats fine if a private company wants to mandate a shot but the government mandating it will only make things worse and more divided.
    Why? You had to take government mandated vaccines when you were a kid. Government vaccine mandates have been around, and legal, since vaccines have. George Washington even mandated small pox inoculation for the Continental Army. It helped us win our independence because the British didn't and their army here suffered terribly from it.