Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Nick Rolovich (Wazzu) fired with cause

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    This is not ignoring them. If it weren't a leaky vaccine, then that would be a much stronger argument. But there is no eliminating risk for those people. They are at risk from the flu and other virsuses also. It would be better if our government and related institutions weren't so hopelessly corrupt and incompetent, because it definitely would be better for them if more people got vaccinated, and there are a lot of unvaccinated people that probably would have gotten the vaccine if they hadn't been so focused on things other than persuading people to get the vaccine. Shitty politicians and governemnt and bureaucrats and institutions are the worst for the most vulnerable. I wish people in charge gave more of a shit, but they don't.

And nice elitist shot at Applebees. I'm certainly not a fan of applebees, but I'm also not the kind of ass hole that thinks just because I don't like it that other people wanting to go there is somehow an illegitimate preference that shouldn't count compared to what "better" people want to do.
    It unquestioningly massively reduces their risk, so you very much are ignoring them. There is NEVER such as a thing as eliminating all risk. Our corrupt corporate govt is irrelevent here. Applesbees was just a placeholder for any generic public activity, no "elitist" shot or statement on its quality or lack thereof intended.

Bottom line, you just don't care about a massive increase in risk to a large chunk of the nation that can be massively reduced by a simple mandate onto the public of massively low risk. If you did, you wouldnt be blithely dismissing it like you are. And it's clear that the reason you don't care is self interest. All those at risk people can 17 off and die before you'll consider the slightest imposition on yourself. And you aren't honest enough to admit to your current position's inconsistancy with any prior assessments as to risk vs reward for freedom vs goct requirements, whether personal or not.

Bigger picture: many people currently are under the mistaken impression that "freedom" means that their any selfish desire comes before any responsibilities to the public or nation whatsoever, and they are very wrong about that, at least as far as this country's govt has historically ruled.

Banned
    vCash
    Maybe we need a thread estimating how many lives would be saved reducing the max speed to fiddy MPH.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Maybe we need a thread estimating how many lives would be saved reducing the max speed to fiddy MPH.
    Probably a good many. But of course we also save many by having it at 70, which of course is a minor imposition on everyone. Freedom vs safety/security. Who decides where that tradeoff happens? Our duly appointed legislature (when they don't pass the buck to the executive). No one is naive enough to run around yelling how unconstitutional speed limits are, or how they're tyranny designed to put us under "their" thumb.

Thanks, that was a great example.

vCash
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-1...es-11634904317

The courts are following the over century old precedent when it comes to mandates.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    That's certainly what the precedents lead to. But the "conservatives" on the courts, that you've championed for so long, have no qualms about ignoring obvious law and precedent when it suits the politics of the movement. If you would open your eyes, you'd see that. And has been aluded to herein, past religious exemption rulings regarding the govt providing alternative means for citizens to fulfill the govts compelling interest gives the courts a foothold to stick it to Biden if they want to. And you know they want to.
    As of now they are almost all staying with the precedent, as they should. The original case in 1905 was a religious objector.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Yeah, maybe get rid of those stop signs and traffic lights too. Those violate my right to get where I'm going in the fastest way possible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Yeah, maybe get rid of those stop signs and traffic lights too. Those violate my right to get where I'm going in the fastest way possible.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8bf...VocalBoothToGo

vCash
    It unquestioningly massively reduces their risk, so you very much are ignoring them. There is NEVER such as a thing as eliminating all risk. Our corrupt corporate govt is irrelevent here. .
    It's not irrelevant. Public trust is a valuable asset. The vaccination rate is much lower than it would be if they had not squandered it by being corrupt and incompetent.

Applesbees was just a placeholder for any generic public activity, no "elitist" shot or statement on its quality or lack thereof intended.

Bottom line, you just don't care about a massive increase in risk to a large chunk of the nation that can be massively reduced by a simple mandate onto the public of massively low risk. If you did, you wouldnt be blithely dismissing it like you are. And it's clear that the reason you don't care is self interest. All those at risk people can 17 off and die before you'll consider the slightest imposition on yourself. And you aren't honest enough to admit to your current position's inconsistancy with any prior assessments as to risk vs reward for freedom vs goct requirements, whether personal or not.
    It's not about not caring, it's about recognizing what's an appropriate role of the threat or use of force. I get my flu vaccine every year not because I am worried about myself but because I am don't want to pass it on to people that are susceptible to the flu. But I recognize that it's not legitimate to use the threat of force to make people get a flu vaccine.

Bigger picture: many people currently are under the mistaken impression that "freedom" means that their any selfish desire comes before any responsibilities to the public or nation whatsoever, and they are very wrong about that, at least as far as this country's govt has historically ruled.
    No, many people are under the mistaken impression that freedom doesn't have any negative consequences. It'd be better if people didn't go interact with the public when they feel like shit. But we don't go around arresting and beating people that are out with colds and potentially the flu. It'd be better if they were more responsible, but most people are not dense enough to think that giving the government the power to go around arresting them is an improvement. We choose freedom even though there are times people use it poorly.

Some people are scared to death of COVID, and they think that excuses them being huge assholes. As is the case with the flu and the common cold, some people are really ass holes about what risks they expose other people to. There are ass holes everywhere everyday and neither force nor the threat of force is the appropriate response in the vast majority of situations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    It's not irrelevant. Public trust is a valuable asset. The vaccination rate is much lower than it would be if they had not squandered it by being corrupt and incompetent.

It's not about not caring, it's about recognizing what's an appropriate role of the threat or use of force. I get my flu vaccine every year not because I am worried about myself but because I am don't want to pass it on to people that are susceptible to the flu. But I recognize that it's not legitimate to use the threat of force to make people get a flu vaccine.

No, many people are under the mistaken impression that freedom doesn't have any negative consequences. It'd be better if people didn't go interact with the public when they feel like shit. But we don't go around arresting and beating people that are out with colds and potentially the flu. It'd be better if they were more responsible, but most people are not dense enough to think that giving the government the power to go around arresting them is an improvement. We choose freedom even though there are times people use it poorly.

Some people are scared to death of COVID, and they think that excuses them being huge assholes. As is the case with the flu and the common cold, some people are really ass holes about what risks they expose other people to. There are ass holes everywhere everyday and neither force nor the threat of force is the appropriate response in the vast majority of situations.
    See, there you go again. Its about people "scared to death of Covid, and they think that excuses them being huge assholes". A, no mention here that this is about immunocompromised people who have legitimate concerns, and B, they're being "huge assholes" by wanting people to......checks notes.....get a vaccine and wear a mask. Also C, "threat of force"? All I'm aware of is people losing their jobs. You suddenly against employing at will now? Because that level of hypocrisy would be entirely on brand for you.

And I'm not even going to go into the tinfoil hat stuff of the govt is corrupt and incompetent because they won't admit to the crazy things I heard they did. The vax rate is low because the GOP took a stand that way, and their sheep followed. Some misstatement by Fauci or whatever had nothing to do with it. Those sheep sure aint scared of Regeneron. Where's the lack of trust effect there?

vCash
    This looks like an old school thread on the old politics board now that boom and Johnson arguing. Just missing gordon gekko now...

vCash
    What was this thread about again?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    What was this thread about again?
    I think somebody asked about a good brownie recipe.***

vCash
    "Reinfection can reasonably happen in three months or less," lead author Jeffrey Townsend, PhD, the Elihu Professor of Biostatistics at the Yale School of Public Health, said in a news release. "Therefore, those who have been naturally infected should get vaccinated. Previous infection alone can offer very little long-term protection against subsequent infections."

How many cnfirrmed re-infections last year before vaccines?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    "Reinfection can reasonably happen in three months or less," lead author Jeffrey Townsend, PhD, the Elihu Professor of Biostatistics at the Yale School of Public Health, said in a news release. "Therefore, those who have been naturally infected should get vaccinated. Previous infection alone can offer very little long-term protection against subsequent infections."

How many cnfirrmed re-infections last year before vaccines?
    No idea. I personally know a few.

vCash
    No idea. I personally know a few.
    "Cases of reinfection with COVID-19 have been reported, but remain rare​.​"

August 6, 2021

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...infection.html

No idea what "rare" is, but it doesn't imply "refection can reasonably happen in 3 months or less".

vCash
    Sweden Suspends Moderna Shot Indefinitely After Vaxxed Patients Develop Crippling Heart Condition

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...rippling-heart

"Swedish health officials have now decided that a moratorium on giving the Moderna vaccine to anyone under 31 will be extended indefinitely, the U.K. Daily Mail reported. The pause on the Moderna shots had been scheduled to end on Dec. 1.

Finland, Iceland and Denmark have taken similar steps. Norway is encouraging men under 30 not to get the Moderna shot, but is not mandating it.

For months, the Moderna vaccine has been under scrutiny because of data that shows young men who receive it are at increased risk for myocarditis, an inflammation of the heart muscle, and pericarditis, an inflammation of the sac around the heart...."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dalmuti View Post
    Dont worry, you will eventually do it willingly!
    This is the exact reason I know I am on the right side of this argument. I believe if you and/or your doctor think you should get then I back that decision whole heartedly. But to witness this take and many others citing ?Oh you?ll take it and you?ll like it or we will cancel you?. Wow. And then call the live and let live beliefs as tyranny? I just can?t believe these people are real.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Sweden Suspends Moderna Shot Indefinitely After Vaxxed Patients Develop Crippling Heart Condition

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...rippling-heart

"Swedish health officials have now decided that a moratorium on giving the Moderna vaccine to anyone under 31 will be extended indefinitely, the U.K. Daily Mail reported. The pause on the Moderna shots had been scheduled to end on Dec. 1.

Finland, Iceland and Denmark have taken similar steps. Norway is encouraging men under 30 not to get the Moderna shot, but is not mandating it.

For months, the Moderna vaccine has been under scrutiny because of data that shows young men who receive it are at increased risk for myocarditis, an inflammation of the heart muscle, and pericarditis, an inflammation of the sac around the heart...."
    You do know COVID causes that too right? And at a MUCH higher rate and generally much more severe cases. The vaccine cases rarely require any treatment beyond OTC meds. Not so the COVID caused cases. I had Moderna, hoping to get the booster next week.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 10-23-2021 at 03:21 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Tired View Post
    This is the exact reason I know I am on the right side of this argument. I believe if you and/or your doctor think you should get then I back that decision whole heartedly. But to witness this take and many others citing ?Oh you?ll take it and you?ll like it or we will cancel you?. Wow. And then call the live and let live beliefs as tyranny? I just can?t believe these people are real.
    Except it's let ME do whatever I want, and I don't care if you die. I have a hard time believing those people are real.