Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick Rolovich (Wazzu) fired with cause

vCash
    [QUOTE=Liverpooldawg;1374543]Lol, If you only knew![/QUOTE
    Last edited by Dawgfan77; 10-21-2021 at 06:22 AM.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    This ain't the flu. It's WAY more contagious. Delta is almost measles level in some studies. It's way deadlier than the flu. Flu kills on average an ESTIMATED 60,000 in the US. COVID is over 730,000 in about 19 months. We still mandate measles shots in most places, and measles isn't as deadly as covid. I know someone who got covid twice in two months. The vast majority of studies have shown that natural immunity is not as good as that provided by the MRNA vaccines. I know you can link others that say different, I've seen them too. Personally I would say based on what I've seen that three months would be a reasonable time to wait. The preponderance of the people who know enough to make a true informed choice seem to be saying 2-3 month after a documented case.
    Since you like stats, do you look at yesterday's traffic patterns and crash statistics to determine how much you drive the next day? Stop living in fear. As a preacher I figured you would put your faith in the Lord.

First it's me to get the shot to keep my job, then it will be my wife, then my kids. I've see the argument businesses are doing this to keep insurance costs down. What happens when they say they will only cover a family of four going forward to save on costs? Are you going to adjust how many kids you wanted to have based on that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Thanks. Here is another good one. And I've had one dose and covid.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....24.21262415v1
    That's the same study your article and my article were talking about. It has been seized on by every anti vaxxer and crank out there. It doesn't say what they, and you, think it says. It DOES say some of it, but people are leaving out context also contained in the study, such as the actual numbers and not just the ratios. It is also one study. If all you will pay attention to are ones that agree with you then I cant help you. That study was the one I was referencing above when I said I knew you could provide something to back your assertion. Its THE one most linked on certain media. I saw it right after the pre-print came out. Fact remains, even in that study, that you are better off getting the vax even if you have had it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Since you like stats, do you look at yesterday's traffic patterns and crash statistics to determine how much you drive the next day? Stop living in fear. As a preacher I figured you would put your faith in the Lord.

First it's me to get the shot to keep my job, then it will be my wife, then my kids. I've see the argument businesses are doing this to keep insurance costs down. What happens when they say they will only cover a family of four going forward to save on costs? Are you going to adjust how many kids you wanted to have based on that?
    Why do you people always assume anyone that has the point of view I do is living in fear? As I have been saying above to that nut that follows me around the internet, if you only knew. WHERE did you get that I'm a preacher? LORD HELP US if that were true, LOL! I'm in a clinical healthcare field, not a physician. I've posted that numerous times. I look at this stuff because I have to to do my job as safely as possible. I even have to sort through CDC stuff directed at my field and try to decipher exactly what it means. This is serious business for me. It's not some bizarre hobby. It's not my first rodeo with stuff like this either. When AIDS first got going it was much the same, the unknown. We did the same then as we are doing now, following the best available recommendations from people who study this kind of things their whole lives. We got a handle on that after a few years, even though we are STILL having to live with and work with what that meant. COVID is going to be no different. At least we DO have a vaxx for COVID, and a pretty good one considering what type of virus and disease it is.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 10-20-2021 at 08:12 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Hey... would love to know. I know who you are and don't mind outing you but I been really respectful. But you can continue to post this. But I know who you are. FYI... so by all means. What do I know. Oh you don't want me to post what I know BrO...
    Don't doxx people on this board, please. I don't care how pissed you are or how pissed they make you. That's over the line.

vCash
    This article is a good summery AND it has links to a FEW of the studies.

https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/co...us-vaccination
    That links to the same study you cited above.
    And it is about antibodies, which have nothing to do with long term immunity. That's why the T cell studies are so important and why the double blind Israel study is the gold standard. At least that's what my doctor said.

vCash
    That's the same study your article and my article were talking about. It has been seized on by every anti vaxxer and crank out there. It doesn't say what they, and you, think it says. It DOES say some of it, but people are leaving out context also contained in the study, such as the actual numbers and not just the ratios. It is also one study. If all you will pay attention to are ones that agree with you then I cant help you. That study was the one I was referencing above when I said I knew you could provide something to back your assertion. Its THE one most linked on certain media. I saw it right after the pre-print came out. Fact remains, even in that study, that you are better off getting the vax even if you have had it.
    I just googled it.

Care to retort the Israel study that is recognized by the gold standard? It was 32,000 people, not a couple hundred like the American ones and the KY one you linked.

At best, you can say that it is inconclusive whether the vaccine or natural immunity is better. That being the case, why would you insist the ones with natural immunity be treated worse than those with the vaccine?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Don't doxx people on this board, please. I don't care how pissed you are or how pissed they make you. That's over the line.
    Agree. We can disagree but let's keep it civil

vCash
    I just googled it.

Care to retort the Israel study that is recognized by the gold standard? It was 32,000 people, not a couple hundred like the American ones and the KY one you linked.

At best, you can say that it is inconclusive whether the vaccine or natural immunity is better. That being the case, why would you insist the ones with natural immunity be treated worse than those with the vaccine?
    It's not recognized as the gold standard yet. Both of the articles listed do it better than I can.

vCash
    No surprise from that guy. He has been boarding on it with me too. Threatening to do what he did to beardo will get an IP ban on most boards. It used to here.

vCash
    I just googled it.

Because there are other studies that show different, in fact most of them do. It's still an unknown. If we start to see a lot of well done studies by other researchers (there are still questions about that one) ("questions" don't mean that the study is bogus,) that say the same thing then ok. Read that science based medicine article closely. That guy does a better job explaining it than I ever could. His credentials are also way better than mine. Even the Israeli one says that you are way better off getting the vaccine if you have had COVID. Most all studies are in agreement you are something like two and a half times less likely to be re-infected if you get the vaccine. That well worth doing. I haven't got the booster yet. I was Moderna. I will be in the first or second group when the guidelines are issued. I got my 1st dose in January . If the guidelines are the same as for Pfizer I will be in the first one, job related. I will get it as soon as possible. I would like to stick with Moderna, it's number are a bit better than Pfizer so far.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 10-20-2021 at 09:56 PM.

vCash
    No surprise from that guy. He has been boarding on it with me too. Threatening to do what he did to beardo will get an IP ban on most boards. It used to here.
    Jeez I didn't know it was me. He has been stalking me for a while. He follows me, and who he thinks is me around several boards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Hey... would love to know. I know who you are and don't mind outing you but I been really respectful. But you can continue to post this. But I know who you are. FYI... so by all means. What do I know. Oh you don't want me to post what I know BrO...
    Interesting, and no surprise. Confirms a lot.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 10-20-2021 at 10:13 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    As someone that gets it constantly- don’t Doxx that dumb mf’er. Let me enjoy his posts and his stupidity. I don’t want him to lose his job. I just want him to keep posting. Don’t be like Mississippi Rebel people
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    As someone that gets it constantly- don’t Doxx that dumb mf’er. Let me enjoy his posts and his stupidity. I don’t want him to lose his job. I just want him to keep posting. Don’t be like Mississippi Rebel people
    Thanks and my feeling for you is mutual, in a friendly way of course. What you have been through is well known, and terribly wrong. I'm glad you are back.

vCash
    Thread lock in 3,2,1

vCash
    Thanks. I don't take this stuff personally. That was going a bit too far IMHO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    Thread lock in 3,2,1
    I thought that was coming 200 posts ago. Scooba must be having phone trouble.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    I thought that was coming 200 posts ago. Scooba must be having phone trouble.
    I happened to bump into him on his run to the bourbon store 2 days ago. Figured y'all needed to vent.**

vCash
    I just googled it.

This is an add on. I was still looking at that study last night. I ran across something from a fairly reputable source that had a plausible theory to back up what the Israeli study shows. That's the first time I had seen one of the observations it made. It was technical stuff, cell physiology level minutia, but it gave a frame work that would lead me to accept the hypothesis, IF we get other good studies that duplicate the results. What I would like to see is a non-retrospective study that gets the same result. Retrospective studies can sometimes give wonky results. You need to have an explanation for the results that makes sense. I don't have time to link it right now as I'd have to go back and find it again, if I can I will.

I know it's a fact checker but this kind of lays it out there about that study.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/09/sc...ural-immunity/

As I said there are questions about it. That doesn't mean it won't turn out to be correct.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 10-21-2021 at 08:40 AM.