Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick Rolovich (Wazzu) fired with cause

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Sweet...

They'd rather be alive, than free. Poor dumb bastards....
    Is that sort of like the American Patriot that said, "Give me liberty or give me death."

Also, I heard it said today that the average age of someone dying from Covid is larger than the average life expectancy. I don't know if it's true or not, but if so, work your head around that one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    No idea - but the OP asked how you could ignore a religious exemption and I gave an example - your religious leader saying get the dang shot kinda cuts the legs out from under that.

And I'll say as a Catholic, we kinda pay attention to what the pope says. We may not follow it, but we pay attention.
    Gotcha

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    I invite everyone to quit their jobs when the ?man? requires it. Leaves more money and work for me.

vCash
    I believe in vaccines, but not mandates, especially for something with a 99.9% survivability rate by healthy people.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Maybe a better example would be a Jehovah's Witness or something like that.
    https://www.npr.org/2021/10/04/10425...licated-to-get

Both Jehovah's Witnesses and Christian Scientists (!) have released official statements that the COVID vaccine is not prohibited, so people in either of those groups may have trouble getting a religious exemption.
    Last edited by Quaoarsking; 10-18-2021 at 08:35 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    https://www.npr.org/2021/10/04/10425...licated-to-get

Both Jehovah's Witnesses and Christian Scientists (!) have released official statements that the COVID vaccine is not prohibited, so people in either of those groups may have trouble getting a religious exemption.
    I wasn't sure what their stance was on that. The Jehovah's Witnesses are typically pretty strict about stuff like blood products and things like that.

I know Pentecostals can be strict about certain things as well.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Aren't vaccines provinces of the states?

Is there anything in writing for the businesses with 100+ employees that fall under the mandate? There is an EO for fed employees with compliance dates in NOV but they still have not issued guidance on submitting exemptions and I don't think they have even started on a plan. See there's this thing called the FY22 Defense Spending Authorization Bill and buried in Sec 720 is guidance on exemptions from mandated Covid shots. It's passed the house but still has to pass the senate and the president before it becomes law. Then they have to develop and implement the plan. This shit will drag into 2022 and I'd be willing to bet in late NOV 22 that Covid will be an after thought.

LOL at you who thought the government could be efficient.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Sweet...

They'd rather be alive, than free. Poor dumb bastards....
    Alabama black snake?***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post

Is there anything in writing for the businesses with 100+ employees that fall under the mandate? There is an EO for fed employees with compliance dates in NOV but they still have not issued guidance on submitting exemptions and I don't think they have even started on a plan. See there's this thing called the FY22 Defense Spending Authorization Bill and buried in Sec 720 is guidance on exemptions from mandated Covid shots. It's passed the house but still has to pass the senate and the president before it becomes law. Then they have to develop and implement the plan. This shit will drag into 2022 and I'd be willing to bet in late NOV 22 that Covid will be an after thought.

Efficient and government don't belong in the same sentence lol

Banned
    vCash

governor of washington has been up front about this thing for months. state law is entirely on his side.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    No idea - but the OP asked how you could ignore a religious exemption and I gave an example - your religious leader saying get the dang shot kinda cuts the legs out from under that.

And I'll say as a Catholic, we kinda pay attention to what the pope says. We may not follow it, but we pay attention.
    Not this idiot we got for a Pope.

vCash

I'm a fed employee in a civilian position. The deadline given in the EO is the 22nd of November, just before Thanksgiving. Imagine that. My agency is beginning to ramp up to push employees toward that deadline. And yes, you are correct that no guidance has been given on how to apply for an exemption. So, we will see what happens.

I can tell you that I just sat in on teleconference with our District Leader in which he went over the EO and tried to answer some questions. If the chat line of that teleconference is any indication, I would guess that there are 30 to 50 percent of employees that are balking at the mandate. How many of those actually don't get the vaccine is anybodies guess, but there could be a significant number and it could impact the mission of the agency. You could tell that was the concern of the District Leader. He is between a rock and a hard place. He has to implement the policy, but realizes it may result in the mission not being accomplished or greatly delayed.

And before anybody says great, less federal employees. You won't see a refund in your taxes, but you could see a delay in receiving social security checks, retirement checks, or not being able to go fishing at your favorite fishing hole or camp at your favorite camping site.

Oh and by the way, the mandates apply to federal contractors as well.

And before anyone asks, I am vaccinated and I'm retiring at the end of the year. Either way, I'm good to go, unless they are delayed in processing my retirement.
    Last edited by GeoDawg; 10-18-2021 at 09:23 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoDawg View Post
    I'm a fed employee in a civilian position. The deadline given in the EO is the 22nd of November, just before Thanksgiving. Imagine that. My agency is beginning to ramp us to push employees toward that deadline. And yes, you are correct that no guidance has been given on how to apply for an exemption. So, we will see what happens.

I can tell you that I just sat in on teleconference with our District Leader in which he went over the EO and tried to answer some questions. If the chat line of that teleconference is any indication, I would guess that there are 30 to 50 percent of employees that are balking at the mandate. How many of those actually don't get the vaccine is anybodies guess, but there could be a significant number and it could impact the mission of the agency. You could tell that was the concern of the District Leader. He is between a rock and a hard place. He has to implement the policy, but realizes it may result in the mission not being accomplished or greatly delayed.
    Congrats on your retirement!

From what I hear in those circles is around the same %.

One item of note in the Bill I mentioned above is the addition of proof of previous Covid infection as compliance with the vaccine mandate. Imagine that.

vCash
    Congrats on your retirement!

From what I hear in those circles is around the same %.

One item of note in the Bill I mentioned above is the addition of proof of previous Covid infection as compliance with the vaccine mandate. Imagine that.
    And that should be compliance. Infection provides strong immunity from covid, in most cases more so than the vaccine. Heck I've been vaccinated and had covid after so I feel pretty safe from covid lol!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    And that should be compliance. Infection provides strong immunity from covid, in most cases more so than the vaccine. Heck I've been vaccinated and had covid after so I feel pretty safe from covid lol!
    Me and my wife got covid last November. I had an extremely light case and contracted it again at the very end of august. The wife didn’t get it this go round. She decided a few weeks ago to get her anti bodies tested. They were higher than what is expected from the vaccine 11 months after she had it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Me and my wife got covid last November. I had an extremely light case and contracted it again at the very end of august. The wife didn’t get it this go round. She decided a few weeks ago to get her anti bodies tested. They were higher than what is expected from the vaccine 11 months after she had it.
    And this is what most studies are showing. Strong immunity from having been infected. Having a previous infection should count as compliance. Ive been vaccinated but I also believe it's a persons individual choice whether or not they want the shot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dalmuti View Post
    washington state law and precedent is fairly airtight vis a vis vaccines. inslee gonna get another unprecedented term
    Title VII has nothing to do with state law.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah it's at least a step in the common sense direction.

I have a friend who has traveled from coast to coast on flights, been exposed to all variants and still didn't get Covid. They also aren't prescribed any meds and don't take OTC's and are routinely healthy. Why should they be forced to take the vaccine?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    The ignorance on the law and vaccine mandates is astounding. That issue was settled a LONG time ago by the Supreme Court. They are legal and Constitutional. It would take overturning several previous rulings to make it otherwise.
    That is not even close to true with respect to religious exceptions under title vii or disability exceptions under the ADA. You're obviously not an employment lawyer.

vCash
    Yeah it's at least a step in the common sense direction.

I have a friend who has traveled from coast to coast on flights, been exposed to all variants and still didn't get Covid. They also aren't prescribed any meds and don't take OTC's and are routinely healthy. Why should they be forced to take the vaccine?
    Agree completely.