Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
This is not ignoring them. If it weren't a leaky vaccine, then that would be a much stronger argument. But there is no eliminating risk for those people. They are at risk from the flu and other virsuses also. It would be better if our government and related institutions weren't so hopelessly corrupt and incompetent, because it definitely would be better for them if more people got vaccinated, and there are a lot of unvaccinated people that probably would have gotten the vaccine if they hadn't been so focused on things other than persuading people to get the vaccine. Shitty politicians and governemnt and bureaucrats and institutions are the worst for the most vulnerable. I wish people in charge gave more of a shit, but they don't.

And nice elitist shot at Applebees. I'm certainly not a fan of applebees, but I'm also not the kind of ass hole that thinks just because I don't like it that other people wanting to go there is somehow an illegitimate preference that shouldn't count compared to what "better" people want to do.
It unquestioningly massively reduces their risk, so you very much are ignoring them. There is NEVER such as a thing as eliminating all risk. Our corrupt corporate govt is irrelevent here. Applesbees was just a placeholder for any generic public activity, no "elitist" shot or statement on its quality or lack thereof intended.

Bottom line, you just don't care about a massive increase in risk to a large chunk of the nation that can be massively reduced by a simple mandate onto the public of massively low risk. If you did, you wouldnt be blithely dismissing it like you are. And it's clear that the reason you don't care is self interest. All those at risk people can 17 off and die before you'll consider the slightest imposition on yourself. And you aren't honest enough to admit to your current position's inconsistancy with any prior assessments as to risk vs reward for freedom vs goct requirements, whether personal or not.

Bigger picture: many people currently are under the mistaken impression that "freedom" means that their any selfish desire comes before any responsibilities to the public or nation whatsoever, and they are very wrong about that, at least as far as this country's govt has historically ruled.