Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick Rolovich (Wazzu) fired with cause

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Is he catholic? Bc I don't give a rip what the pope says about anything.

I'm not anti-vaccine either... got 1st dose and caught covid before 2nd, so don't need it
    It doesn't matter if he's catholic or not. SCOTUS has been clear that your request for a religious exception does not have to be founded upon any tenant of any recognized religion. I can invent my own religion and be the only person who subscribes to it and it is valid so long as it is my sincerely held belief. The EEOC has cautioned employers about this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    It doesn't matter if he's catholic or not. SCOTUS has been clear that your request for a religious exception does not have to be founded upon any tenant of any recognized religion. I can invent my own religion and be the only person who subscribes to it and it is valid so long as it is my sincerely held belief. The EEOC has cautioned employers about this.
    And this is one of the reasons there's gonna be litigation out the wazoo on this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    And this is one of the reasons there's gonna be litigation out the wazoo on this.
    Already is. A vaccine mandated law passed by a state legislature has been upheld, as Liverpool referred to on the previous page. But a vaccine mandate via executive order or via an emergency temporary standard through OSHA (which is what Biden is doing) has never been ruled upon by SCOTUS. Is it legal? We will see, but I have my reservations.

Even if it is legal though (or if a state mandates it), federal law is clear that you are exempted from it if a sincerely held religious belief prevents you from taking the vaccine and a reasonable accommodation (like working remote, working alone, or daily testing) exists that doesn't cause your employer an undue hardship.

vCash
    Already is. A vaccine mandated law passed by a state legislature has been upheld, as Liverpool referred to on the previous page. But a vaccine mandate via executive order or via an emergency temporary standard through OSHA (which is what Biden is doing) has never been ruled upon by SCOTUS. Is it legal? We will see, but I have my reservations.

Even if it is legal though (or if a state mandates it), federal law is clear that you are exempted from it if a sincerely held religious belief prevents you from taking the vaccine and a reasonable accommodation (like working remote, working alone, or daily testing) exists that doesn't cause your employer an undue hardship.
    Appreciate the info. Good stuff!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Appreciate the info. Good stuff!
    Some good articles on how it breaks down out there if you google religious exemption to vaccine mandate. Or I can send you my power point if you're a nerd who really is interested, 😂

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    No idea - but the OP asked how you could ignore a religious exemption and I gave an example - your religious leader saying get the dang shot kinda cuts the legs out from under that.

And I'll say as a Catholic, we kinda pay attention to what the pope says. We may not follow it, but we pay attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Maybe a better example would be a Jehovah's Witness or something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    https://www.npr.org/2021/10/04/10425...licated-to-get

Both Jehovah's Witnesses and Christian Scientists (!) have released official statements that the COVID vaccine is not prohibited, so people in either of those groups may have trouble getting a religious exemption.
    You are not required to have beliefs that align 100% with a particular denomination. I'd say most people in any kind of church don't all agree on everything. All you need to do in requesting a religious exemption is to be sincere with your beliefs. Federal, state and local entities are required by the Constitution to not discriminate against religious people and the Supreme Court has said that religious rights remain intact even during a pandemic. I know many people who are opposed to the vaccines purely due to their use of aborted fetal cells in either use or testing. A very large hospital near me has started requiring those that seek a religious exemption based on that to also sign another form stating that they will refuse to take Tylenol, Ibuprofen, Claritin, Zoloft, etc as those were developed using aborted fetal cells as well (it was big news story around here).

vCash
    This:

"It doesn't matter if he's catholic or not. SCOTUS has been clear that your request for a religious exception does not have to be founded upon any tenant of any recognized religion. I can invent my own religion and be the only person who subscribes to it and it is valid so long as it is my sincerely held belief. The EEOC has cautioned employers about this." Confucius Say
    Last edited by Matt3467; 10-18-2021 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Messed up tagging Confucius

vCash
    Some good articles on how it breaks down out there if you google religious exemption to vaccine mandate. Or I can send you my power point if you're a nerd who really is interested, 😂
    I'm gonna go do some research on it and I may take you up on the PowerPoint. I'm always interested in learning and especially about this that's affecting so many people. Appreciate the info.

vCash
    The mandate is gonna look really silly when we look back in about 5 years. Anyone with common sense knows this will be like the flu and be with us for eternity due to it having animal hosts. Its all a power play and some people take it hook line and sinker.

vCash
    There's an easy solution for this. Take the tin foil hat off and just get the damn vaccine.

Banned
    vCash
    you might not get officially fired, you'll just not officially get paid. eazy peazy

vCash
    Can't I just self identify as "vaccinated"...? Surely that should count, right?
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Can't I just self identify as "vaccinated"...? Surely that should count, right?
    I can't give you anymore rep! Nice one!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skadoosh14 View Post
    There's an easy solution for this. Take the tin foil hat off and just get the damn vaccine.
    Amazing this time last year it was all those on the left that had the tin foil hat on. They didn't take it off until early November last year. I'm trying to put my finger on exactly what happened around that time that changed their minds almost immediately.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skadoosh14 View Post
    Yes everyone that wants to take the shot should and everyone that does not should be able to make that choice. Government mandating it is just going to make more people hesitant anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    Yes everyone that wants to take the shot should and everyone that does not should be able to make that choice. Government mandating it is just going to make more people hesitant anyway.
    Apparently not. Every other story in the news these days is about how yet again 99% of employees of whatever company got vaccinated after a mandate was put into place.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Apparently not. Every other story in the news these days is about how yet again 99% of employees of whatever company got vaccinated after a mandate was put into place.
    Yeah. After the fired all of the unvaccinated ones. LOL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Yeah. After the fired all of the unvaccinated ones. LOL.
    No, that's the point. Even when you see a story about how some huge corporation or hospital fired a few hundred employees, it turns out to be less than 1% of the workforce almost every time. The vaccine mandates work, regardless of how people feel about them theoretically.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Amazing this time last year it was all those on the left that had the tin foil hat on. They didn't take it off until early November last year. I'm trying to put my finger on exactly what happened around that time that changed their minds almost immediately.
    People have got to stop looking at it through that right v left lens. I can guarantee you 95% of physicians were not changing their stance as pro vaccine based on the election result.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    People have got to stop looking at it through that right v left lens. I can guarantee you 95% of physicians were not changing their stance as pro vaccine based on the election result.
    People should also stop arguing in bad faith and recognize the clear difference in "I wouldn't take the vaccine on the orders of X politician - it would have to be approved by scientists" and "I'm not taking the vaccine period" rather than dishonestly trying to draw an equivalence between the two. But of course people often don't do what they should do.