Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick Rolovich (Wazzu) fired with cause

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    You misunderstood, I said it is the vaxxed that are getting pissed. Now I will disagree that the unvaxxed aren't. They have been all along and have demonstrated it in public many, many times. How do you know what's best for your family when it comes to this? I certainly don't know MYSELF with mine. I DO trust the people who have dedicated their lives to stuff like this to get it right. They certainly know more about it than I do. The preponderance of opinion and evidence in the medical realm is overwhelming. It's rare that you see it that overwhelming. There are always going to be outliers and crack pots out there and they tend to be VERY vocal. It's all in who you trust. I don't like trusting the outliers.
    And what is beautiful about this country is that is your choice to completely trust those that have that knowledge and to follow it to a T or to say 17 that, or to think about it and then act in someway shape form or fashion. but, we should never be forced to take something, no matter what it is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    And what is beautiful about this country is that is your choice to completely trust those that have that knowledge and to follow it to a T or to say 17 that, or to think about it and then act in someway shape form or fashion. but, we should never be forced to take something, no matter what it is.
    Agreed 100% and thankful that no one is being forced. However that doesn't mean that people who forsake their personal responsibility are immune to the consequences of their choices.

Allowing the unvaccinated workers the opportunity to take a weekly test to prove their negative status is a very gracious accommodation from the federal government that most private companies would prefer not to bother with.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Agreed 100% and thankful that no one is being forced. However that doesn't mean that people who forsake their personal responsibility are immune to the consequences of their choices.

Allowing the unvaccinated workers the opportunity to take a weekly test to prove their negative status is a very gracious accommodation from the federal government that most private companies would prefer not to bother with.
    Take it or your fired isn't forced?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Yep. 20-30 years from now cleaner alternatives will replace fossil fuels once science makes it cheaper. New Greeners don't give a 17 about a poor persons ability to pay their bills or eat.
    The goal is less than 9 years. Check out video I posted up above. It's all on official websites too. And ... there's even more on the official websites but then, that's tinfoil hat stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    You're trying to pull me into this fray, lol.

People are hypocrites? Yes. A whole helluva lot of them. Lets not get into a who has the most hypocrites on their side debate, because no body will come out clean.

Is AOC a dumbass? Yes. One of 20-ish dem congress members from the state of NY, I believe, so not sure why so many of y'all are obsessed with her, lol. The green new deal is a rally banner for her "progressive" caucus...it has some valid stuff in it, but mostly it's an overly ambitious piece of garbage that has only served as a political weapon to be used against actual, good-faith, and realistic measures to combat the issue. AOC, Bernie, and their lot aren't interested in coalition to tackle this issue, which is exactly what you need...they just cause the other side to dig in. **** them.

Ok, lol....now that I've thoroughly distanced myself from that.....

Is climate change real, significantly important, and worthy of our attention? Yes.

Can there be policy debate on how we handle it? Yes. Certainly. Absolutely. But we can't have those debates when a large portion of one side of the aisle refuse to even admit its a problem.

Now stay with me, C34....

Is acid rain real and a problem, especially for vegetation? Yes. Not sure why you chose this one as an example. It's danger has been pretty rigorously documented.

Now your comment on the south pole temperature is really revealing....because, as any earth scientist will tell you, huge swings in temp, regional climate trends, weather events, natural disasters, etc....are all symptomatic of drastic global changes in climate. That's the whole point, actually. Not just picking on you, because I see it/hear it all the time, but one of the most ignorant colloquial rebuttals of climate change is the statement "we just had the coldest winter ever, so how can the earth be warming???".
    Don't know how much you have read on the the "infrastructure bill" and "reconciliation bills" but, they if passed will do exactly what the Green deal wanted to do. Just some info if you didn't know.

Now to the living organism that we call Earth. You can call it global warming, but, in all reality its a living organism and it isn't meant to be hear for forever, honestly I think it is going through its life cycle and decaying. God put us here and told us to subdue the earth, I think we do a good job of that, I also think we do a pretty bad job of taking care of it. America has really stepped its game up and the pollution compared to Asian counties and India pails in comparison. It would really help out if people would stop littering, please just put your trash in a trashcan.

Banned
    vCash
    I don't think enough is being said about rain forest destruction in Africa SE Asia & South America and the only viable option to thwart it is being able to get more food per acre. That's where STATE comes into play.

vCash
    Yep. 20-30 years from now cleaner alternatives will replace fossil fuels once science makes it cheaper. New Greeners don't give a 17 about a poor persons ability to pay their bills or eat.
    Protecting the climate without sacrifice doesn't satisfy Mother Gaia. You have to be willing to throw some poor people into the metaphorical volcano to soothe her anger.

vCash
    This is such a dickish argument. We're not forcing you to heil to the fuhr, you can always choose a bullet to the head.

There are certainly situations where it is reasonable to effectively force vaccinations on people. COVID is within shouting distance of that type of situation, but just doesn't make it.

It's not an gracious accommodation because it's unnecessary. Businesses have plenty of incentives to decide whether to require vaccination. Individuals have plenty of incentive to get vaccinated. There is just no reason for the federal government's involvement here.

But the government also isn't actually allowing a testing alternative for the federal contractor and subcontractor executive order. There's just an exemption for medical or religious reasons, with the religious reasons likely not resulting in an accommodation unless the person/organization considering the request actually wants to be reasonable.

For the ETS,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    Until the global warming alarmists start riding bikes everywhere and using zoom for global warming conferences instead of flying private jets to attend, I will not believe them.
    Just like Liverpool. Oh you should do this and do it for me. But I'm gonna go to work. Now you stay home so you won't get me sick and take it back to my wife.

vCash

But why is a test the accommodation? Why not follow science? Every piece of data tells you that someone who is unvaccinated and who had covid in august is way more protected and less dangerous than someone who was vaccinated in April. Why would the latter be ok to come to work but the former has to test to come to work? That makes zero sense scientifically and is why people don't trust this whole ordeal.

vCash
    I'm not going to bother to read through this whole thing since I left it yesterday. I will leave yall with this: The vaccinated majority is getting really tired of the excuses from the unvaccinated. They are running out of patience. They know we could get back to as normal as we will ever be if we had universal uptake of the vaccine. There is GROWING anger over it. One of the most interesting things I have seen lately on this particular subject was a poll. It showed that the group MOST angry with the unvaccinated is vaccinated Republicans. Unlike the pollsters I don't find that surprising in the least. We as as a group tend not to be very vocal in public about it, but the anger is seething.
    If every living soul on earth from 8 days to 108 years were vaccinated we would not get back to the normal of the year of out LORD 2018. The End.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    As if the vaccinated can't get the virus or spread it
    I was wondering the same, testing for what, testing why? Testing how with the same bogus test thay have been using.

Why are we having football games Why no forfeits? Why no playing games with 48 players.

If they tested just the vaccinated using the same criteria used last year, what would the result be?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Just like Liverpool. Oh you should do this and do it for me. But I'm gonna go to work. Now you stay home so you won't get me sick and take it back to my wife.
    Y'all actually don't know how big a jerks you are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    If every living soul on earth from 8 days to 108 years were vaccinated we would not get back to the normal of the year of out LORD 2018. The End.
    I never said we would. This thing is with us to stay. But we have to get it to where it's not overwhelming the hospitals once or twice a year. When we get to there then we are going to be back to as normal as we will ever be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    You have never had the freedom to make a choice that harms others. Y'all don't want to accept that your actions have consequences beyond your own selves. Y'all aren't really conservatives, that much has now been seen.

vCash
    Without incident my hairy ass.
    Billions HAVE taken it with no incident. If your standard is no incident EVER, then you need to go curl up in a ball somewhere and starve yourself because you couldn't feed billions of people the blandest gruel in the world without it killing somebody. Y'all are just being absurd.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Protecting the climate without sacrifice doesn't satisfy Mother Gaia. You have to be willing to throw some poor people into the metaphorical volcano to soothe her anger.
    Repped. Solid and LMAO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    You're trying to pull me into this fray, lol.

People are hypocrites? Yes. A whole helluva lot of them. Lets not get into a who has the most hypocrites on their side debate, because no body will come out clean.

Is AOC a dumbass? Yes. One of 20-ish dem congress members from the state of NY, I believe, so not sure why so many of y'all are obsessed with her, lol. The green new deal is a rally banner for her "progressive" caucus...it has some valid stuff in it, but mostly it's an overly ambitious piece of garbage that has only served as a political weapon to be used against actual, good-faith, and realistic measures to combat the issue. AOC, Bernie, and their lot aren't interested in coalition to tackle this issue, which is exactly what you need...they just cause the other side to dig in. **** them.

Ok, lol....now that I've thoroughly distanced myself from that.....

Is climate change real, significantly important, and worthy of our attention? Yes.

Can there be policy debate on how we handle it? Yes. Certainly. Absolutely. But we can't have those debates when a large portion of one side of the aisle refuse to even admit its a problem.

Now stay with me, C34....

Is acid rain real and a problem, especially for vegetation? Yes. Not sure why you chose this one as an example. It's danger has been pretty rigorously documented.

Now your comment on the south pole temperature is really revealing....because, as any earth scientist will tell you, huge swings in temp, regional climate trends, weather events, natural disasters, etc....are all symptomatic of drastic global changes in climate. That's the whole point, actually. Not just picking on you, because I see it/hear it all the time, but one of the most ignorant colloquial rebuttals of climate change is the statement "we just had the coldest winter ever, so how can the earth be warming???".
    I'm going to make my standard statement on climate change that neither side will ever agree with completely. It IS happening. Man is almost certainly causing some of it but in NO WAY all of it. Climate has ALWAYS changed. Overall a warmer globe has always been better for life than a colder one. Even if in the unlikely event man IS causing every single bit of it, we will never stop it. We likely won't even be able to change it that much. What we need to be focusing on is adapting to it, not trying to stop time. The species that have adapted to climate change have been the ones to survive and flourish. The above opinion is an OPINION and is mine alone.

vCash
    I never said we would. This thing is with us to stay. But we have to get it to where it's not overwhelming the hospitals once or twice a year. When we get to there then we are going to be back to as normal as we will ever be.
    Wait. So you think a vaccine mandate for everyone is necessary to keep from overwhelming hospitals once or twice a year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    As if the vaccinated can't get the virus or spread it
    But they are MUCH less likely to. That dog won't hunt.