Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick Rolovich (Wazzu) fired with cause

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    And another that grinds on me:

Obama's Administration pushed constant "global warming" and the climate change agenda. "The glaciers are meltingggggggggggggg". So what does Obama- the man who was privy to more information on climate than 99% of the population- do as soon as he leaves office? Buys a mansion located right on the water next to an ocean. Not too worried about rising oceans is he?

The world's going to end in 8 years AOC? Antarctica just had its coldest year on record since it started being tracked in 1954.

"Climate Change" has been a money grab since the 60's. They just have to keep rebranding. We've come a long way since Acid Rain they used to scare me with as a kid in the 70's
    Yep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Look here. I know a hell of a lot more than you do because I'm educated and don't make false statements like you continue to do. Since this thing started you have come on this board and others spouting your nonsense about how bad things are and we are all gonna die. Hell you stated one time half your damn inner circle was going to die from Rona.
    I hate to tell you but people are tired of your bull shit. All you do is propagate a narrative that you know more than most but really you know nothing. You are still living in fear and literally you are on every covid thread since March 2020 you have spouted lies and nonsense. Dude we are over your shit. Point blank!
    Get a grip, go see a therapist, have better research than what you have now.
    I'll try to respect your opinion but when you don't bring up factual information or continue to speak lies I lose that respect.
    Again GET HELP!
    LOL, if you only knew!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    "Stop being so scared of a vaccine billions have taken without incident," is excellent advice that many Americans should take to heart.
    Without incident my hairy ass.

vCash
    And another that grinds on me:

Obama's Administration pushed constant "global warming" and the climate change agenda. "The glaciers are meltingggggggggggggg". So what does Obama- the man who was privy to more information on climate than 99% of the population- do as soon as he leaves office? Buys a mansion located right on the water next to an ocean. Not too worried about rising oceans is he?

The world's going to end in 8 years AOC? Antarctica just had its coldest year on record since it started being tracked in 1954.

"Climate Change" has been a money grab since the 60's. They just have to keep rebranding. We've come a long way since Acid Rain they used to scare me with as a kid in the 70's
    You're trying to pull me into this fray, lol.

People are hypocrites? Yes. A whole helluva lot of them. Lets not get into a who has the most hypocrites on their side debate, because no body will come out clean.

Is AOC a dumbass? Yes. One of 20-ish dem congress members from the state of NY, I believe, so not sure why so many of y'all are obsessed with her, lol. The green new deal is a rally banner for her "progressive" caucus...it has some valid stuff in it, but mostly it's an overly ambitious piece of garbage that has only served as a political weapon to be used against actual, good-faith, and realistic measures to combat the issue. AOC, Bernie, and their lot aren't interested in coalition to tackle this issue, which is exactly what you need...they just cause the other side to dig in. **** them.

Ok, lol....now that I've thoroughly distanced myself from that.....

Is climate change real, significantly important, and worthy of our attention? Yes.

Can there be policy debate on how we handle it? Yes. Certainly. Absolutely. But we can't have those debates when a large portion of one side of the aisle refuse to even admit its a problem.

Now stay with me, C34....

Is acid rain real and a problem, especially for vegetation? Yes. Not sure why you chose this one as an example. It's danger has been pretty rigorously documented.

Now your comment on the south pole temperature is really revealing....because, as any earth scientist will tell you, huge swings in temp, regional climate trends, weather events, natural disasters, etc....are all symptomatic of drastic global changes in climate. That's the whole point, actually. Not just picking on you, because I see it/hear it all the time, but one of the most ignorant colloquial rebuttals of climate change is the statement "we just had the coldest winter ever, so how can the earth be warming???".

Banned
    vCash
    AOC will be President eventually

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Your #2 is disgusting. Completely and absolutely disgusting.
    Your health and safety are none of my concern as mine is none of yours. You can stick whatever you want into you, pun intended, but I'll pass. Thanks for your concern though. This is a free society we live in. Sounds like you may be in the wrong country bud.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    As in any aspect of life, watch how people live to know what they believe to be true. Not what they say. Actions tell the tale. When someone claims to believe warming can be controlled by humans and that we are on the precipice of destruction, but they have not changed their habits, I do not believe them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post

People are hypocrites? Yes. A whole helluva lot of them. Lets not get into a who has the most hypocrites on their side debate, because no body will come out clean.

Is AOC a dumbass? Yes. One of 20-ish dem congress members from the state of NY, I believe, so not sure why so many of y'all are obsessed with her, lol. The green new deal is a rally banner for her "progressive" caucus...it has some valid stuff in it, but mostly it's an overly ambitious piece of garbage that has only served as a political weapon to be used against actual, good-faith, and realistic measures to combat the issue. AOC, Bernie, and their lot aren't interested in coalition to tackle this issue, which is exactly what you need...they just cause the other side to dig in. **** them.

Is climate change real, significantly important, and worthy of our attention? Yes.

Can there be policy debate on how we handle it? Yes. Certainly. Absolutely. But we can't have those debates when a large portion of one side of the aisle refuse to even admit its a problem.

Is acid rain real and a problem, especially for vegetation? Yes. Not sure why you chose this one as an example. It's danger has been pretty rigorously documented.

Now your comment on the south pole temperature is really revealing....because, as any earth scientist will tell you, huge swings in temp, regional climate trends, weather events, natural disasters, etc....are all symptomatic of drastic global changes in climate. That's the whole point, actually. Not just picking on you, because I see it/hear it all the time, but one of the most ignorant colloquial rebuttals of climate change is the statement "we just had the coldest winter ever, so how can the earth be warming???".
    "Climate Change" is absolutely real. It's been going on for millions of years. The problem is that we as humans have very little to do with it or much we can do about it. Mother Earth is going to do what she damn well pleases. Nobody is saying be reckless, trash the oceans, or factories shouldnt filter to help the environment. If people wanted to really cut down on carbon emissions- nuclear energy would be at the forefront.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    DantheMan used to say "follow the money". Except ... he didn't really know how to do that. This guy shows you how using Yahoo finance, Wikipedia, official websites for UN, World Economic Forum, Who, Event 201, etc. Conspiracy?? It's all in plain sight. Hour long video but well worth the watch.

https://rumble.com/vn7lf5-monopoly-w...zBQSSeY4IxFnCA
    Last edited by dawgday166; 10-20-2021 at 01:09 PM.

vCash
    For those speaking about the religious exemption, just remember, that is not a get of jail free card. We are dealing with this where I work. Even if you get the exemption, most Government entities or companies or universities affiliated with the Government are still going to require regular testing to prove you aren't infected. And a test is really only good for about 72 hours. Most folks that feel strongly about not getting the vaccine are not going to submit themselves to testing every 3 days. We are losing employees over this now because if you won't get the vaccine and you won't submit to getting tested once or twice a week you can't come into the office. Hard to work a job when you can never come in the office unless you can totally fulfill your obligations working from home.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    For those speaking about the religious exemption, just remember, that is not a get of jail free card. We are dealing with this where I work. Even if you get the exemption, most Government entities or companies or universities affiliated with the Government are still going to require regular testing to prove you aren't infected. And a test is really only good for about 72 hours. Most folks that feel strongly about not getting the vaccine are not going to submit themselves to testing every 3 days. We are losing employees over this now because if you won't get the vaccine and you won't submit to getting tested once or twice a week you can't come into the office. Hard to work a job when you can never come in the office unless you can totally fulfill your obligations working from home.
    As if the vaccinated can't get the virus or spread it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    No idea - but the OP asked how you could ignore a religious exemption and I gave an example - your religious leader saying get the dang shot kinda cuts the legs out from under that.

And I'll say as a Catholic, we kinda pay attention to what the pope says. We may not follow it, but we pay attention.
    You still have relationship with god and can receive revelations for your self. If the Popes word was so powerful you would not have so many pro choice catholic politicians.

vCash
    "Climate Change" is absolutely real. It's been going on for millions of years. The problem is that we as humans have very little to do with it or much we can do about it. Mother Earth is going to do what she damn well pleases. Nobody is saying be reckless, trash the oceans, or factories shouldnt filter to help the environment. If people wanted to really cut down on carbon emissions- nuclear energy would be at the forefront.
    Ok, I agree with just about all of your post outside the first 3 sentences.

I hear "of course climate changes, it's been changing for millennia" or "it's cyclical" all the time as retorts to this discussion. While both statements are indeed true, they are also so trivial in terms of our understandings of climate, the earth, nature, etc., they don't make any type of valid point...It's like, "Yeah ok? So you mention something we've known and had fairly figured out since ancient Greek times", lol. It'd be like someone saying "water is wet", then leaning back and smugly crossing their arms as if they just dropped some knowledge.

Humans absolutely have an impact, a huge one, and at multiple scales (from the local ecosystem, to the biome, to the biosphere), and in myriad ways. There are mountains (literally mountains) of vetted research demonstrating all sorts of anthropogenic impacts on climate and the environment. The scientific consensus on this topic is so overwhelming, to deny it is like arguing over the temperature at which water boils.

vCash

It's not about them being hypocrites in that case, it's about what they actually believe is true. Obviously they are not really worried about sea level rise if they buy property subject to flooding from sea level rise (of course being ocean front doesn't necessarily mean the property is threatened by sea level rise).

This is somewhat different than the typical hypocrite charge, where essentially 0% of any high profile climate change politicians or activists are willing to sacrifice their standard of living in any way at all to decrease their carbon footprint. It's entirely possible that they truly believe that they are destroying the planet but just decide the temporary pleasure is worth it, just like a religious leader can truly believe in the sanctity of marriage but decide that strange is going to remain undefeated because the temporary pleasure is worth it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Can't I just self identify as "vaccinated"...? Surely that should count, right?
    I tried that working for the govt. They told me that was only allowed for transhumanoids or whatever they are.
    I tried the "my body my choice" approach too but that's only allowed when killing unborn babies. Those lives apparently don't matter.

So I'm retiring at end of year.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 10-20-2021 at 02:04 PM.

vCash

I hear "of course climate changes, it's been changing for millennia" or "it's cyclical" all the time as retorts to this discussion. While both statements are indeed true, they are also so trivial in terms of our understandings of climate, the earth, nature, etc., they don't make any type of valid point...It's like, "Yeah ok? So you mention something we've known and had fairly figured out since ancient Greek times", lol. It'd be like someone saying "water is wet", then leaning back and smugly crossing their arms as if they just dropped some knowledge.

Humans absolutely have an impact, a huge one, and at multiple scales (from the local ecosystem, to the biome, to the biosphere), and in myriad ways. There are mountains (literally mountains) of vetted research demonstrating all sorts of anthropogenic impacts on climate and the environment. The scientific consensus on this topic is so overwhelming, to deny it is like arguing over the temperature at which water boils.
    The scientific consensus that humans can impact climate, especially local climate, is overwhelming. The consensus that any negative impacts from CO2 emissions is going to be greater than the benefits of CO2 emissions, or that any achievable CO2 emission reductions are going to be worth the cost is not nearly as strong and even if it were, a prediction about how the world climate will react to a minor change in the composition in its atmosphere and what kind of positive reinforcement mechanisms there might be that amplify the effects of CO2 emissions are nothing like observing the boiling point of water.

vCash

The mountains of evidence supports whomever funds the grant for the research. I'm old enough to have to lived thru warnings of another Ice Age coming and now the glaciers melting and flooding the coasts. It's Science!!!! Now Antarctica is colder than its ever been in modern history.

Climate will continue to change, and people will continue their grift to chase that green.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Until the global warming alarmists start riding bikes everywhere and using zoom for global warming conferences instead of flying private jets to attend, I will not believe them.

Banned
    vCash
    Yep. 20-30 years from now cleaner alternatives will replace fossil fuels once science makes it cheaper. New Greeners don't give a 17 about a poor persons ability to pay their bills or eat.

vCash
    Our VP tweeted yesterday from her jet that she was on the way to a climate change convention to discuss how to reduce emissions. The irony.