Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Backup

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

Backup

What really is the deal with the backup qb situation? I mean if will has to play inured that really is a red flag. Surely he could have come out of the game and just let the others have one snap considering the circumstances. That?s what backups do especially in a blowout. Maybe I missed the memo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgsfanalongtime77 View Post
    What really is the deal with the backup qb situation? I mean if will has to play inured that really is a red flag. Surely he could have come out of the game and just let the others have one snap considering the circumstances. That?s what backups do especially in a blowout. Maybe I missed the memo.

I have the same question .... Anybody?
    * Foghorn Leghorn-isms *

> about as subtle as a hand grenade in a barrel of oatmeal.

> more mixed up than a feather in a whirlwind.

> gettin so deep the farmers have to jack up the cows so they can milk em.

> making more noise than a couple of skeletons dancing on a tin roof.

vCash
    Jack Abraham was supposed to be the back up. Somehow he got a concussion in practice and decided to stop playing football.

Lovertich is a Sun Belt/FCS caliber QB who loves MSU and I don't mind him being on the team. He's supposed to be third string.

Robertson and Greek aren't ready. Not sure how into football Sawyer really is so I wouldn't be surprised if Greek ends up being the guy in the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Jack Abraham was supposed to be the back up. Somehow he got a concussion in practice and decided to stop playing football.

Lovertich is a Sun Belt/FCS caliber QB who loves MSU and I don't mind him being on the team. He's supposed to be third string.

Robertson and Greek aren't ready. Not sure how into football Sawyer really is so I wouldn't be surprised if Greek ends up being the guy in the future.
    Sawyers not into Football??? Wtf. Only MSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Sawyers not into Football??? Wtf. Only MSU
    Dead Injuns going hard in the paint. Highest rated QB in MSU history can't even get on the field in a blowout when the starter is hurt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Dead Injuns going hard in the paint. Highest rated QB in MSU history can't even get on the field in a blowout when the starter is hurt.
    This isn't a fact. It's an opinion made someone and a follow up to it........

Banned
    vCash
    Dead Injuns going hard in the paint... Damn dats skrong. LMAO.

Seriously though, that sucks. HARD!!

vCash
    Yeah it's not a good look at all......BTW, he's not the highest rated QB we've signed......
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Yeah it's not a good look at all......BTW, he's not the highest rated QB we've signed......
    John Bond?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Tyler Russell? I didn't think he was that high.

vCash
    Not sure how into football Sawyer really is
    I find it really really hard to believe this
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I find it really really hard to believe this
    This has been said for months now. Some of you just thought we were crazy for saying it. Sawyer could be great IF he wanted to be. Realistically he will see the Dude more consistently earlier than he would on Davis Wade because that is where he really wants to be.

I feel like this has been said before?. Hmmm

vCash
    If what all I'm reading in this thread is true, we have to get the best qb available in the entire portal like as soon as they get in it!! Leach probably needs to have a sit down with Sawyer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    If what all I'm reading in this thread is true, we have to get the best qb available in the entire portal like as soon as they get in it!! Leach probably needs to have a sit down with Sawyer.
    Why? Bc he's 4th string or Bc we had a guy early in the thread who stated his opinion that sawyer didn't like football Bc he stayed for his sr year of baseball? It was an opinion based on a guy wanting to play baseball his sr year. Not a crime or a fact he didn't like football. I have some sources, and I have zero clue if he likes football or baseball more. Doesn't matter yet. But nobody has said he doesn't like football Bc he went to prom..... except the message boards.
    Last edited by Homedawg; 10-19-2021 at 10:49 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    This has been said for months now. Some of you just thought we were crazy for saying it. Sawyer could be great IF he wanted to be. Realistically he will see the Dude more consistently earlier than he would on Davis Wade because that is where he really wants to be.

I feel like this has been said before?. Hmmm
    Then why the hell are we signing these types. Your QB better have a hard on for football and that needs to be figured out before signing them. This is why I hate recruiting. Just when you think you got something, it doesn't pan out, or when you do get a good one they are only here for one good year then leave for the draft early. It's always something when it domes to MSU!!

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash

Jack Abraham hasn't been a factor since the summer. Think about this, in 5 months we couldn't get a guy ready to take 15 snaps in a game we were down 28-40 pts to one of if not the best team in the country, where we had zero chance of even scoring a touchdown against.
    I really do not care if Sawyer or Greek couldn't even get a throw off, after 5 months they should have some basic understanding on how to take a snap and run for their life and throw it out of bounds or take a slide.

I want to hear it directly out of Sawyer's mouth that he doesn't care about football. And if that is the case, we need to move on, unless we are just using football for an extra baseball scholly. And if that is the case, with the NIL that is retarded.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Jack Abraham hasn't been a factor since the summer. Think about this, in 5 months we couldn't get a guy ready to take 15 snaps in a game we were down 28-40 pts to one of if not the best team in the country, where we had zero chance of even scoring a touchdown against.
    I really do not care if Sawyer or Greek couldn't even get a throw off, after 5 months they should have some basic understanding on how to take a snap and run for their life and throw it out of bounds or take a slide.

I want to hear it directly out of Sawyer's mouth that he doesn't care about football. And if that is the case, we need to move on, unless we are just using football for an extra baseball scholly. And if that is the case, with the NIL that is retarded.
    You also have to think, we kept trotting Costello out there throwing pick sixs like crazy until he was hurt and physically couldn't go. Rogers was soooo much better last year overall running the offense but he doesn't see the field if Costello can throw the ball.

vCash
    You also have to think, we kept trotting Costello out there throwing pick sixs like crazy until he was hurt and physically couldn't go. Rogers was soooo much better last year overall running the offense but he doesn't see the field if Costello can throw the ball.
    KJ Costello was incredibly talented and had the tools to make us a very good team last year. He just played like his mind was somewhere else.

vCash
    And the qb in this system is the key. So they need plenty of reps. Leach said Will is the youngest starting qbs he has coached in 20 yrs other than Will last year. That tells me Will is all we have until the younger guys get some years in the system, or we get an experienced qb from the portal.

vCash
    Mike Pizinski. Come on down.