Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are you happy?

vCash
    6-6

vCash
    Im apathetic. Dont really care about watching the games. Recruiting is meh. QB should be playing at Delta State. Running game is ..well there is no running game. The offense is about as entertaining as an English lit class. And we are basically being forced to watch this for 2 more years so I will spend my time and money elsewhere

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post
    Im apathetic. Dont really care about watching the games. Recruiting is meh. QB should be playing at Delta State. Running game is ..well there is no running game. The offense is about as entertaining as an English lit class. And we are basically being forced to watch this for 2 more years so I will spend my time and money elsewhere
    I take it you aren't impressed

vCash
    What is funny is that after we beat Vandy by 30 everyone will be looking for our next game and take a damn breath.

I thought we had a shot against Bama, but Saban did a great job giving us looks we haven't seen all season. I think Will got so used to variations of the 3-8 that he didn't know what to do when a faced with pressure and we simply didn't have a counter.

I doubt many teams will be that smart all season. We can still win 7-8 games. Anyone that thinks we can't is just posting for fun.

None of this means I like the offense we are running, but at the end of the day we can still have a solid season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    What is funny is that after we beat Vandy by 30 everyone will be looking for our next game and take a damn breath.

I thought we had a shot against Bama, but Saban did a great job giving us looks we haven't seen all season. I think Will got so used to variations of the 3-8 that he didn't know what to do when a faced with pressure and we simply didn't have a counter.

I doubt many teams will be that smart all season. We can still win 7-8 games. Anyone that thinks we can't is just posting for fun.

None of this means I like the offense we are running, but at the end of the day we can still have a solid season.
    7-8 wins? Like regular season?

vCash
    I like the offense we are running in that even against Alabama in the first quarter, other than INT's , we would move the ball quickly. Seems as the game goes deeper, we slow down. The early quick pace is something I hope we continue.

Not making excuses for Leach, but he is still playing with players he walked into, and building his team of skill players and Oline. We had alot of misses in Oline recruiting for several years. So for that I do want to see what he builds over another year or so.
    Depth at QB and WR by next year will be unlike anything we have had at MSU.

I am happy other than us giving 2 losses away this year.
    To be happy for end of season record I would say 6 minimum. We need to take 2 W's minimum from Arkansas/Kentucky/Auburn/Ole Miss.

vCash
    At this point 6 wins would surpass my expectations, 7 would quite the feat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    I like the offense we are running in that even against Alabama in the first quarter, other than INT's , we would move the ball quickly. Seems as the game goes deeper, we slow down. The early quick pace is something I hope we continue.

Not making excuses for Leach, but he is still playing with players he walked into, and building his team of skill players and Oline. We had alot of misses in Oline recruiting for several years. So for that I do want to see what he builds over another year or so.
    Depth at QB and WR by next year will be unlike anything we have had at MSU.

I am happy other than us giving 2 losses away this year.
    To be happy for end of season record I would say 6 minimum. We need to take 2 W's minimum from Arkansas/Kentucky/Auburn/Ole Miss.
    You're gonna have to show me this depth. Our current backup QB is a walk-on from Jackson Prep and the 2 freshmen seem for right now to be big misses, hell one of them would rather play baseball. And outside of Polk and Walley, I'm not seeing anything that jumps out to me as dynamic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    What changed since last week? We knew we were going to get beat by Bama. Bye weeks kill you. You lose momentum, timing and you are rusty. Next week they will look like champions again. We still get to six or seven wins. You can agree or not agree. Don't care.
    Jack where do you see 3-4 more wins on this schedule. I'll give you Vandy and TSU but I have trouble seeing us be able to beat any of the remaining 4 (UK, Arky, Barn, and OM). I feel like Arky is our best chance and we have to go there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post
    You're gonna have to show me this depth. Our current backup QB is a walk-on from Jackson Prep and the 2 freshmen seem for right now to be big misses, hell one of them would rather play baseball. And outside of Polk and Walley, I'm not seeing anything that jumps out to me as dynamic.
    How does a true freshman look already like a big miss? You have a point though that maybe we have to see them develop first. But TX HS QBs are usually much more developed against better competition than what we have typically signed.
    WR's no question we are better overall and with depth than we ever were, and it has only been 1 whole recruiting cycle so far.
    At the very least we are improving in skill players, and Oline.

vCash

Shit, I thought I was an optimist. I can see 7 games. I don't expect it, but it's definitely doable if Will's AC joint sprain doesn't affect his play. But 8 means we win 3 out of Ark, UM, UK, and Auburn. That just seems out of reach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    7-8 wins? Like regular season?
    We are beating Vandy and TN Tech. So we are talking two more wins.

If you aren't paying attention, the bears are losing players left and right. Only reason they beat UT was because Corral stayed upright just long enough. Against A&M, AU and even LSU, that won't last. They don't have playmakers at WR and we can stop the run.

I think we can score against their defense, because well - they are awful.

If you think we had a better chance to beat A&M on the road than we do to beat the bears at home, well I can't help you.

Just because I think Leach's system has been figured out, doesn't mean I don't think we can win games this season. We have Kentucky at home and a road game against Arkansas team that is reeling. We can certainly win 2 of the games I just mentioned, and that doesn't even include a free shot against AU.

vCash

If you aren't paying attention, the bears are losing players left and right. Only reason they beat UT was because Corral stayed upright just long enough. Against A&M, AU and even LSU, that won't last. They don't have playmakers at WR and we can stop the run.

If you think we had a better chance to beat A&M on the road than we do to beat the bears at home, well I can't help you.

Just because I think Leach's system has been figured out, doesn't mean I don't think we can win games this season. We have Kentucky at home and a road game against Arkansas team that is reeling. We can certainly win 2 of the games I just mentioned, and that doesn't even include a free shot against AU.
    We'll see. We don't even know if we'll have our qb for those games

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    End of season. Truly, what makes you happy?

Rules:

Leach cannot be fired.

For me 8-4 wins against arky, Kentucky, ole piss, vandy, tenn. state.

If we end up 7-5 it better not be ole piss or ten.state and it better be a heart breaker.

I would be happy with this

Blowout win @Vanderbilt 44-13

im Ok with losing to kentucky close in starkville..... 31-27

Go to Arkansas and steal a game 28-27

Play a competitive game @auburn 27-17

blowout win against tennessee state 51-14

Win the egg bowl in starkville.... we really do need this egg bowl bad....

finish 7-5 and go to a bowl game and finish 8-5 would have people back on the ship for next year

vCash

As others have stated a lot of this depends on who we have at QB because if an injured Will is still better than Lovertich, Robertson, or Greek then we are in a WORLD of trouble. I do agree with you that the only reason OM won against UT was Corral. I mean it took a Herculean performance from him and the refs helping for them to get that one. I think we'll be able to move the ball on them. I also think a pissed off Orgeron and LSU roll up there this weekend and take one from the Rebs because now Orgeron is back in his element "Interim HC". If you're counting Saturday's game he's now 13-4 as an interim.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Saban wasn't going to look bad in this game let alone lose it. He rode their asses all week and the players stepped up.

This ........If Bama had played TAMU this past Saturday night, they would have probably blown TAMU out. This was a good teaching time for Saban on focus and execution, as Bama had lost that when they played TAMU. A loss was probably what Bama needed, but we just didn't need to play them after it. Saban had Bama 100% ready, and was planning on making a statement in our game, and Will Anderson had gotten his teammates' attention and had them fired up too.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 10-18-2021 at 10:10 PM.