Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you happy?

vCash

Are you happy?

End of season. Truly, what makes you happy?

Rules:

Leach cannot be fired.

For me 8-4 wins against arky, Kentucky, ole piss, vandy, tenn. state.

If we end up 7-5 it better not be ole piss or ten.state and it better be a heart breaker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post

Rules:

Leach cannot be fired.

If we end up 7-5 it better not be ole piss or ten.state and it better be a heart breaker.
    You aren't going to be happy...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    You aren't going to be happy...
    I know… I’m a State fan.

vCash
    Yeah I'd be happy with that.

vCash
    I said at beginning of season I expected 6 maybe 7 wins and I still think we get 6 and a bowl,, so we're about where I thought we'd be.

vCash
    Don't get blown out in any of our last 6 games. Finish 7-5. Win the bowl. Improve again next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I said at beginning of season I expected 6 maybe 7 wins and I still think we get 6 and a bowl,, so we're about where I thought we'd be.
    Yeah. I thought we would be 3-3 at this point. Thought we would beat Memphis and lose to A&M on the road through.

I'm not too concerned at this point honestly. We were intimidated by Alabama which is disappointing but the potential is still there.

vCash
    6-6 or better. Win the bowl game. I'm happy.

If we go 5-7 Leach is on the hot seat and just finishing 6-6 next season ain't gonna cut it.

I expect more next year if we finish 6-6. I want 8-4 or better next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Yeah. I thought we would be 3-3 at this point. Thought we would beat Memphis and lose to A&M on the road through.

I'm not too concerned at this point honestly. We were intimidated by Alabama which is disappointing but the potential is still there.
    Saban wasn't going to look bad in this game let alone lose it. He rode their asses all week and the players stepped up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Saban wasn't going to look bad in this game let alone lose it. He rode their asses all week and the players stepped up.
    I don't disagree but we should have played better. And we had players in interviews saying they were intimidated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I don't disagree but we should have played better. And we had players in interviews saying they were intimidated.
    I think we had some guys on defense that quit. And we had lazy WRs running wrong routes. But, a focused Bama can be intimidating. They were focused. Thanks Jimbo.

vCash
    What changed since last week? We knew we were going to get beat by Bama. Bye weeks kill you. You lose momentum, timing and you are rusty. Next week they will look like champions again. We still get to six or seven wins. You can agree or not agree. Don't care.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post

Rules:

Leach cannot be fired.

6+ wins is improvement over last season. I don't know if "happy" is the right term, but I'll be okay if we get that number. I expect us to be better next season though and not drop games and/or struggle with shit teams we have no business doing that to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I think we had some guys on defense that quit. And we had lazy WRs running wrong routes. But, a focused Bama can be intimidating. They were focused. Thanks Jimbo.
    Building that toughness.... Leach Beach baby

vCash
    Last night looked very JoeMo ish from an effort and execution standpoint.

vCash
    del
    Last edited by lastmajordog; 10-18-2021 at 03:36 AM.

vCash
    Beat Vandy, UK, Arkansas, Ten St, and Ole Miss. Only way I'm "happy".

Wouldn't take as much if we had beaten Memphis and LSU like we should have.

Banned
    vCash
    Happy with the direction of the football team? Having 0 quit by our players the rest of the year (or benching their ass) and make a bowl game.

Happy based on the outcome of a game? I've learned to accept that I really shouldn't attribute my happiness to MSU football. It's toxic. Plus I can always remind myself we have a natty now. So I can enjoy shit show performances like last night without needing to be a miserable sack of shit. No way in **** was I letting a loss to bama ruin a weekend in Starkville for me.

That being said the Egg Bowl will probably piss me off if we **** that one up. Hardwired into my brain to hang my hat on that one.

Happy with the program? When the athletic department gives me something to be happy about. Utterly pathetic social media presence, gameday "experience" and really it starts from the top down. Needs to be a clean house but the ones who make the decision to clean house need to be cleaned out too. So that won't happen. So I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and enjoy my day until MSU itself buys in. Crazy we can't figure this shit out when we did it with baseball. Makes me wonder if the top does care about football...

vCash
    I?ve said for years I?d take a baseball natty over anything else in college athletics?so hell yeah I?m happy.

As far as football goes I?d be happy with a bowl game. I do think we should at least finish reg season at 7-5

vCash
    I am a realist. I can be happy with 6-8 wins. However beat your rivals. 6-6 isn't much fun when you lose to all the local rivals.......Memphis, Alabama, Arkansas and OM. Beat OM to finish with 6 or 7 wins, I will be grinning.