Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stats at the halfway point

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    If Cohen retires here then we are headed to the bottom in every sport for a LONG time, probably even in baseball.
    No one man or Coach is bigger than Msu, you are wrong Liver!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Mullen didn't want to be at State anymore. Why is this so hard to understand.
    But WE should have wanted him to be here. That's the issue. Coach wanted mullen gone. Which is crazy. Any young coach who is hired here and has success the way Dan did will be looking for the big time job. There a dozen of them whose agent is talking to LSU right now.
    Last edited by confucius say; 10-18-2021 at 09:45 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I could be wrong, but I don't think Cohen gave Leach an extension after last season. If we don't extend Leach after going 5-7 this year, that would just leave 2 years on his contract. We can fire him after 2022 season. We won't be playing Vandy next year and we won't have Cross at LT. It's going to be ugly.
    Are we sure about this? I mean, has he shown NFL talent? I know he has potential, but I guess I haven't seen enough.

I hope you are wrong, otherwise we will be breaking in at least 3 new OL and two of those will be OTs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Are we sure about this? I mean, has he shown NFL talent? I know he has potential, but I guess I haven't seen enough.

I hope you are wrong, otherwise we will be breaking in at least 3 new OL and two of those will be OTs.
    Potential is all that's needed to be a high draft pick at his position

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Potential is all that's needed to be a high draft pick at his position
    He's graded out highly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    He's graded out highly.
    Then I'll be shocked if he's back

vCash
    Leach is not a good fit and I see 7-5 as his peak (even that may be asking too much). The 2022 commitment list is all 3 stars and ranked 31st. That will not cut it in the SEC West. A poster said ,Mullen's problem was his ego, I think in his line of work that's probably an asset if used wisely. He also seem to have a passion for the game.
    Last edited by TaleofTwoDogs; 10-18-2021 at 11:07 AM.

vCash
    I need to go look up which teams have given up more 20 and 30+ yard gains than us

vCash
    He's graded out highly.
    Cross has played well. Looking at possibly losing him and Polk early. Then you add Heath and Calvin, plus Lashley, and Sharp. Williams probably leans at returning but you never know, We're not "young" on offense. Could be a bunch of new faces next year out there. But sorry- there's no pass in Year 3.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    I need to go look up which teams have given up more 20 and 30+ yard gains than us
    http://cfbstats.com/2021/leader/911/...30/sort02.html

vCash

Cross is going to be a first round pick in the upcoming draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Then I'll be shocked if he's back
    Same

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Cross has played well. Looking at possibly losing him and Polk early. Then you add Heath and Calvin, plus Lashley, and Sharp. Williams probably leans at returning but you never know, We're not "young" on offense. Could be a bunch of new faces next year out there. But sorry- there's no pass in Year 3.
    I expect Polk back.

I'd rather Tulu take heaths reps anyway. I have no idea why we refuse to get the ball in tulus hands.

But yea. We should be old next year.

vCash
    I expect Polk back.
    He's on pace to catch over 100 passes. These guys want to play in the NFL- not spend years in college taking hits. We'll have to see what kind of draft grade he gets after the season. Got figure it's 50/50

vCash

Heck yeah he's gone. He's really good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    If Cohen retires here then we are headed to the bottom in every sport for a LONG time, probably even in baseball.
    Sorry man but this is just dumb. Cohen will have no problem surviving Leach. He just won us a National Championship if you have not heard with Lemonis. State has been and will always be a baseball school first. I am just like everyone else and wanting to be able to compete in every sport as well, but the fact is our primary focus is baseball. It was that way in the 80s and it is still that way today. Cohen is a lifer and to be honest we as a program could be in far worse hands.

vCash
    I still think we can beat Kentucky at home if we execute and don?t make mistakes because I think our defense can stop them. I do worry about moving the ball on UK though and getting into the end zone. I don?t see any other wins thought outside Vandy and TSU. If Leach goes 6-6 I don?t think it?s worth giving him an extension. Obviously he should get 1 more year but if there is no movement next year we will have to move on. This back half of the year is going to be a key indicator on whether or not Leach can get the job done here. The recruiting is also very concerning

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    I still think we can beat Kentucky at home if we execute and don?t make mistakes because I think our defense can stop them. I do worry about moving the ball on UK though and getting into the end zone. I don?t see any other wins thought outside Vandy and TSU. If Leach goes 6-6 I don?t think it?s worth giving him an extension. Obviously he should get 1 more year but if there is no movement next year we will have to move on. This back half of the year is going to be a key indicator on whether or not Leach can get the job done here. The recruiting is also very concerning
    I think Kentucky is our best shot of the games left besides vandy and tenn whoever

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    Sorry man but this is just dumb. Cohen will have no problem surviving Leach. He just won us a National Championship if you have not heard with Lemonis. State has been and will always be a baseball school first. I am just like everyone else and wanting to be able to compete in every sport as well, but the fact is our primary focus is baseball. It was that way in the 80s and it is still that way today. Cohen is a lifer and to be honest we as a program could be in far worse hands.
    I hate this take.
    Yes happy we won a baseball Natty... but brother it's don't pay the bills and I can assure you that if other schools won a baseball Natty they wouldn't down play football like some of our fans.
    I guess I'm the only one who wants to win and believe we can win in all sports.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    I hate this take.
    Yes happy we won a baseball Natty... but brother it's don't pay the bills and I can assure you that if other schools won a baseball Natty they wouldn't down play football like some of our fans.
    I guess I'm the only one who wants to win and believe we can win in all sports.
    Membership in the SEC pays the bills, not football. Without that, our football program wouldn't pay the bills either - we proved that from 1960 -1990 when conference alignment barely mattered and TV money was a non-factor. Without SEC membership we would be USM, and you see their decline over the past 2-3 decades. Within the SEC power structure we are and will likely always be 2nd tier in football, and battling to stay out of 3rd tier. That's just facts. Frankly, Ole Miss is in that same boat as well they just delude themselves into not believing it. No extra cruitin', and no extra commitment from the university will change that. We literally saw the result of being as "all in" in football under Dan Mullen as we have ever been. It got us a nice story in 2014 and within 2 years we back to our grades making us bowl eligible. We all enjoyed it, and I believe that we will never be as inept and complacent about football as we were from 2002 - 2008 - but thinking that we stand a chance of becoming a football power is a fools errand.

That is why we put so much emphasis on Baseball - it is a sport where we are elite and we have always competed at a very high level. If investing there means continued winning, continued championships, and cements a reputation as not just "a" but "the" baseball school of the SEC I'm perfectly good with that.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18