Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Morning QB- Saban Hates Pirates Edition

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    Second best D in the league behind Georgia. Acting like they aren't good is silly.
    They are 7th in the league in Scoring D- that one that matters. And were below 7 before playing us
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Soooo no words about the steaming pile of garbage our defense once again laid on the field in a game?

I know our offense leaves a lot to be desired but our defense SUCKS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleOption View Post
    Soooo no words about the steaming pile of garbage our defense once again laid on the field in a game?

Sec ranks...
    12th scoring offense
    11th scoring defense

They both suck, but offense is a little worse

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    They are 7th in the league in Scoring D- that one that matters. And were below 7 before playing us
    OK then A&M is second in scoring D. You can't have it both ways

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    "The Airbone got 299 yards against a Bama D considered to be their worst in awhile."

Ole Miss, whose offense is considered the gold standard by many on this board and around the nation, had 291 total yards on Bama.

Bama has 1 bad game against A&M and all of a sudden they have the worst defense they've had in a while.

Also you compliment the defense for some reason. Let me fill you in, the defense sucks. 543 total yards of offense for Bama last night.
    This
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Some of you need to realize it isn't about one game. It's not about Bama, or A&M, or NC State, or even Memphis. It's about the culmination of what we have done on the field so far under Leach.....regardless of opponent. What we've seen is an offense that has improved enough to move it a little between the 20's but still can't score....has gotten worse defensively as the offense has failed to provide leads, is one of the most undisciplined and penalized teams in the league, and has a coach that has said despite all these things he will never change what he does. I'm sorry, but that's more than enough to see where this pirate ship is headed. And it has nothing to do with how two teams did versus a common opponent. It's about us being a bad football team, playing in a brutally tough league, and being surpassed by everyone not named Vandy and South Carolina. It's pretty simple

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    It's about us being a bad football team, playing in a brutally tough league, and being surpassed by everyone not named Vandy and South Carolina. It's pretty simple
    And.......no more calls.......we have a winner. Thank you for playing.

vCash
    8. We're in Year 2 and Leach has bragged about having more talent here at State than he's used to having. That is scary to me- especially when you look at our commitments as early signing day approaches. This is about as good as it gets folks from a talent perspective. We have at least 3 future NFL players on offense right now- with 2 of them possibly leaving early after this season.

This is the part that's really concerning. This is a quarterback and receiver driven offense. We could possibly upgrade at QB but our WR group is about as good as we will get. Plus I don't see us drastically improving our OL talent. If our defensive recruiting falls off, we will fall to Vandy level in the next 3 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PendingTransaction View Post
    8. We're in Year 2 and Leach has bragged about having more talent here at State than he's used to having. That is scary to me- especially when you look at our commitments as early signing day approaches. This is about as good as it gets folks from a talent perspective. We have at least 3 future NFL players on offense right now- with 2 of them possibly leaving early after this season.

This is the part that's really concerning. This is a quarterback and receiver driven offense. We could possibly upgrade at QB but our WR group is about as good as we will get. Plus I don't see us drastically improving our OL talent. If our defensive recruiting falls off, we will fall to Vandy level in the next 3 years.
    No no that cant be true. I was told it takes 3-4 years for Leach to really get going. So even if we lose our starting LT, several others, and replace them with 3 stars, we should expect huge improvements due to the Leach learning curve being completed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post
    No no that cant be true. I was told it takes 3-4 years for Leach to really get going. So even if we lose our starting LT, several others, and replace them with 3 stars, we should expect huge improvements due to the Leach learning curve being completed
    News...save Lea and maybe Drinkwitz, no SEC coach considers it a recruiting battle when going against Leach. He will pick up an decent receiver and quarterback, perhaps from the portal. But he's not camping out at the steps of the next Chris Jones or Fletcher Cox. Our only hope is Arnett wants to be here long enough to be really serious about recruiting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PendingTransaction View Post

An upgrade at QB will solve A LOT of problems. However, the issue is that we need an instant impact transfer QB or for Sawyer/Greek/Locke to grow up real 17 fast. Will is what he is at this point. He'll get smarter as the years go on but his arm strength is what it is. I've said it for 2 years, he's 41 year old Drew Brees without the pinpoint accuracy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    An upgrade at QB will solve A LOT of problems. However, the issue is that we need an instant impact transfer QB or for Sawyer/Greek/Locke to grow up real 17 fast. Will is what he is at this point. He'll get smarter as the years go on but his arm strength is what it is. I've said it for 2 years, he's 41 year old Drew Brees without the pinpoint accuracy.
    The arm looks like 41-year-old brees, but drew had a supercomputer processing defenses presnap. He just ran out of the physical ability to get the ball where it needed to go

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleOption View Post

The speed difference between the Bama offensive players, especially the WRs and the QB and our defensive backs was very noticeable. Bama's guys were in a higher gear than we were! Their offensive touchdowns came off of a simple crossing pattern plays. Once they caught the ball it was like they had jet turbines on their feet, we could not catch them. Are we seriously that much slower than they are or was it a lack of effort on our part?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    The speed difference between the Bama offensive players, especially the WRs and the QB and our defensive backs was very noticeable. Bama's guys were in a higher gear than we were! Their offensive touchdowns came off of a simple crossing pattern plays. Once they caught the ball it was like they had jet turbines on their feet, we could not catch them. Are we seriously that much slower than they are or was it a lack of effort on our part?
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash

Meanwhile, Leaches' biggest critic's offense for Natchez High (3-5, 0-4)

is complete garbage, but hey, he knows more than the SEC head coach.

1. Couldnt have been a better day for football. Weather was perfect for tailgating, grilling, air balloon races, child birthday parties, or whatever you wanted to do. Great slate of games on TV. I smoked 2 racks of spares as they were on sale and they could not have turned out better. I use the 3-2-1 method and a basterdized version of Myron Mixon's rub. I'm one of the few Sicilians that is not a fan of garlic plus I add a couple of other things to it.

2. The Airbone got 299 yards against a Bama D considered to be their worst in awhile. 9 points in 2 years against Bama. 9 points is the lowest total scored on Bama this season so far. Bama was giving up 25 PPG coming into the game. This offense is not ever going to compete with Bama. If last night didn't show you then you wont ever comprehend it. 1st back2back 40 point losses to Bama since the 70's

3. I was curious all week how Bama was going to defend the Airbone. Saban is the best DC in college football and I knew that he and Golding would have a good plan. They did a great job of varying looks and getting pressure. Disguised coverages very well. The Airbone was confused all night. The 1st pick was confusion, the 2nd pick was not enough arm strength, and I missed the 3rd pick because I was watching two interesting offenses playing in Tennessee. They were physical with our WR's and we didn't like it very much. And when a one dimensional offense just let's their RT go one-on-one with your future 1st round draft pick- then they have to live with their QB likely getting hurt.

4. I'll say it over and over and over- one dimensional offenses are easier to defend. One dimensional offenses are harder to block for. Want to keep your RT from getting abused? give him some help. Change something. What's the saying about doing something over and over and expecting different results? The SEC is different from other leagues because of the people that play defense in the league. Especially D-line.

5. Well, we only have 1 QB apparently. We're not going to sub for injury or being blown out. Gotta admire Rogers fighting thru the pain last night. AC joint injuries are painful.

6. Our run D inside is pretty good. They played well last night until they got tired. Eventually you wear down against the Bama's of the world. As has been the case this season- we get burned alot bringing pressure. I dont see any reason that wont continue to be the case. We got beat so bad for that 1st TD it was just ugly.

7. 2 weeks to come up with that gameplan on both sides of the ball. Make of that what you will.

9. What is with Tenn and Mississippi Rebel folks throwing trash at each other?

10. 6 wins for this team comes down to Kentucky, UPig, and Mississippi. Kentucky is better than we are but we will be at home. Should be a good game. Weather in R-Kansas will likely play a factor in that game and we dont run the ball at all so that doesnt help. We wont be the favorite in the Egg Bowl so that could be a very interesting day. Got to get to 6 wins this season if you're Leach. (We're not beating Auburn at Auburn)

Hail State

vCash
    lol- I dont coach at Natchez this year moron. Thanks for playing.

Edited to add- but even with their new young OC- offense isnt their problem. Check out their defensive totals
    Last edited by Coach34; 10-18-2021 at 09:33 PM.

vCash
    My bad...that hot Mississippi public school assistant coaching carousel spins fast. Guess Bezos couldn't do Blue Origin without you.

lol- I dont coach at Natchez this year moron. Thanks for playing.

Edited to add- but even with their new young OC- offense isnt their problem. Check out their defensive totals
    Edited bc science.
    Last edited by Lance Harbor; 10-18-2021 at 10:11 PM.

vCash
    Cheeseburger in paradise

Banned
    vCash
    Falsely belittling a man's coaching job does not validate your point. Debate head on dispute what 34 is saying instead of taking crack pot shots at the man's job. Looks Ole Missy.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Harbor View Post
    My bad...that hot Mississippi public school assistant coaching carousel spins fast. Guess Bezos couldn't do Blue Origin without you.

Edited bc science.

I disagree fervently with c34 when it comes to leach but this is just childish. Regardless if you like the guy or not , he is a very good offensive football coach.
    Romans 5:8