Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Morning QB- Saban Hates Pirates Edition

vCash

Sunday Morning QB- Saban Hates Pirates Edition

1. Couldnt have been a better day for football. Weather was perfect for tailgating, grilling, air balloon races, child birthday parties, or whatever you wanted to do. Great slate of games on TV. I smoked 2 racks of spares as they were on sale and they could not have turned out better. I use the 3-2-1 method and a basterdized version of Myron Mixon's rub. I'm one of the few Sicilians that is not a fan of garlic plus I add a couple of other things to it.

2. The Airbone got 299 yards against a Bama D considered to be their worst in awhile. 9 points in 2 years against Bama. 9 points is the lowest total scored on Bama this season so far. Bama was giving up 25 PPG coming into the game. This offense is not ever going to compete with Bama. If last night didn't show you then you wont ever comprehend it. 1st back2back 40 point losses to Bama since the 70's

3. I was curious all week how Bama was going to defend the Airbone. Saban is the best DC in college football and I knew that he and Golding would have a good plan. They did a great job of varying looks and getting pressure. Disguised coverages very well. The Airbone was confused all night. The 1st pick was confusion, the 2nd pick was not enough arm strength, and I missed the 3rd pick because I was watching two interesting offenses playing in Tennessee. They were physical with our WR's and we didn't like it very much. And when a one dimensional offense just let's their RT go one-on-one with your future 1st round draft pick- then they have to live with their QB likely getting hurt.

4. I'll say it over and over and over- one dimensional offenses are easier to defend. One dimensional offenses are harder to block for. Want to keep your RT from getting abused? give him some help. Change something. What's the saying about doing something over and over and expecting different results? The SEC is different from other leagues because of the people that play defense in the league. Especially D-line.

5. Well, we only have 1 QB apparently. We're not going to sub for injury or being blown out. Gotta admire Rogers fighting thru the pain last night. AC joint injuries are painful.

6. Our run D inside is pretty good. They played well last night until they got tired. Eventually you wear down against the Bama's of the world. As has been the case this season- we get burned alot bringing pressure. I dont see any reason that wont continue to be the case. We got beat so bad for that 1st TD it was just ugly.

7. 2 weeks to come up with that gameplan on both sides of the ball. Make of that what you will.

8. We're in Year 2 and Leach has bragged about having more talent here at State than he's used to having. That is scary to me- especially when you look at our commitments as early signing day approaches. This is about as good as it gets folks from a talent perspective. We have at least 3 future NFL players on offense right now- with 2 of them possibly leaving early after this season.

9. What is with Tenn and Mississippi Rebel folks throwing trash at each other?

10. 6 wins for this team comes down to Kentucky, UPig, and Mississippi. Kentucky is better than we are but we will be at home. Should be a good game. Weather in R-Kansas will likely play a factor in that game and we dont run the ball at all so that doesnt help. We wont be the favorite in the Egg Bowl so that could be a very interesting day. Got to get to 6 wins this season if you're Leach. (We're not beating Auburn at Auburn)

Hail State
    Last edited by Coach34; 10-17-2021 at 11:08 AM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    "The Airbone got 299 yards against a Bama D considered to be their worst in awhile."

Ole Miss, whose offense is considered the gold standard by many on this board and around the nation, had 291 total yards on Bama.

Bama has 1 bad game against A&M and all of a sudden they have the worst defense they've had in a while.

Also you compliment the defense for some reason. Let me fill you in, the defense sucks. 543 total yards of offense for Bama last night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    1. Couldnt have been a better day for football. Weather was perfect for tailgating, grilling, air balloon races, child birthday parties, or whatever you wanted to do. Great slate of games on TV. I smoked 2 racks of spares as they were on sale and they could not have turned out better. I use the 3-2-1 method and a basterdized version of Myron Mixon's rub. I'm one of the few Sicilians that is not a fan of garlic plus I add a couple of other things to it.

2. The Airbone got 299 yards against a Bama D considered to be their worst in awhile. 9 points in 2 years against Bama. 9 points is the lowest total scored on Bama this season so far. Bama was giving up 25 PPG coming into the game. This offense is not ever going to compete with Bama. If last night didn't show you then you wont ever comprehend it. 1st back2back 40 point losses to Bama since the 70's

3. I was curious all week how Bama was going to defend the Airbone. Saban is the best DC in college football and I knew that he and Golding would have a good plan. They did a great job of varying looks and getting pressure. Disguised coverages very well. The Airbone was confused all night. The 1st pick was confusion, the 2nd pick was not enough arm strength, and I missed the 3rd pick because I was watching two interesting offenses playing in Tennessee. They were physical with our WR's and we didn't like it very much. And when a one dimensional offense just let's their RT go one-on-one with your future 1st round draft pick- then they have to live with their QB likely getting hurt.

4. I'll say it over and over and over- one dimensional offenses are easier to defend. One dimensional offenses are harder to block for. Want to keep your RT from getting abused? give him some help. Change something. What's the saying about doing something over and over and expecting different results? The SEC is different from other leagues because of the people that play defense in the league. Especially D-line.

5. Well, we only have 1 QB apparently. We're not going to sub for injury or being blown out. Gotta admire Rogers fighting thru the pain last night. AC joint injuries are painful.

6. Our run D inside is pretty good. They played well last night until they got tired. Eventually you wear down against the Bama's of the world. As has been the case this season- we get burned alot bringing pressure. I dont see any reason that wont continue to be the case. We got beat so bad for that 1st TD it was just ugly.

7. 2 weeks to come up with that gameplan on both sides of the ball. Make of that what you will.

8. We're in Year 2 and Leach has bragged about having more talent here at State than he's used to having. That is scary to me- especially when you look at our commitments as early signing day approaches. This is about as good as it gets folks from a talent perspective. We have at least 3 future NFL players on offense right now- with 2 of them possibly leaving early after this season.

9. What is with Tenn and Mississippi Rebel folks throwing trash at each other?

10. 6 wins for this team comes down to Kentucky, UPig, and Mississippi. Kentucky is better than we are but we will be at home. Should be a good game. Weather in R-Kansas will likely play a factor in that game and we dont run the ball at all so that doesnt help. We wont be the favorite in the Egg Bowl so that could be a very interesting day. Got to get to 6 wins this season if you're Leach. (We're not beating Auburn at Auburn)

Hail State
    number 4 all day and quit disparaging my beloved 82nd Airborne Division by associating it with this shitpile offense. At least use Air Assualt.

vCash
    Best matchup we have left not named Vandy is kentucky. They run it. That's our defensive strength. Not saying we will win. But it's our best shot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Best matchup we have left not named Vandy is kentucky. They run it. That's our defensive strength. Not saying we will win. But it's our best shot.
    I thought it would be Arky.

vCash
    Leach doesn't game plan. Doesn't watch film. His belief is that you have a set of plays and you rep those plays over and over again. No game plan just reps reps and reps
    This is who is leading our program.

vCash
    Well this became apparent in last years Egg Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    number 4 all day and quit disparaging my beloved 82nd Airborne Division by associating it with this shitpile offense. At least use Air Assualt.
    Airbone is combining Air Raid and Wishbone. Both are one dimensional offenses. Has zero to do with Airbourne

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Disagree. Kentucky can throw the ball enough to get some chunk plays against us. And they are good defensively. I think UPig is our best chance depending on weather of course

We have 14 TD passes- Kentucky has 13 and throws it half as much
    Last edited by Coach34; 10-17-2021 at 11:42 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    Bama has 1 bad game against A&M and all of a sudden they have the worst defense they've had in a while.
    Bama gave up 29 on the road to Florida and 41 on the road to A&M. We scored 9.

vCash
    Airbone is combining Air Raid and Wishbone. Both are one dimensional offenses. Has zero to do with Airbourne
    My Tab is Airborne not Airbourne. We aren't a bunch of french pastry chefs! And we aren't one dimensional. After we Jump we walk, IE groundpounders.

vCash
    They baited Rogers on some long throws. They didn't drop 8 like everyone else but jammed the receivers at the line and let their safeties basically play center field. They knew Rogers had a weak arm and disguised their defense to make him think he had one on one situations.

vCash
    And yes I am arguing your point. Too many head landings.

vCash
    We ain?t beating Kentucky, Arkansas, or OM. Hell at this point I don?t have any faith that we will best Vandy. The A&M win is looking more like a fluke to me more and more. I know pessimistic outlook but I hate our football team sometimes

vCash
    Coach, we only needed to get Ruiz 13 more attempts, mane. Lighten up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    We ain?t beating Kentucky, Arkansas, or OM. Hell at this point I don?t have any faith that we will best Vandy. The A&M win is looking more like a fluke to me more and more. I know pessimistic outlook but I hate our football team sometimes
    I feel you, man. Unfortunately most of our fans don't realize that Kentucky has their Mullen in Stoops, and they have now passed us by. We won't beat them. Ole Miss is now even further ahead of us than Kentucky, and is a matchup nightmare for us, so we ain't winning that one. Arkansas is likely our best shot, and it's on the road, so it's far from a game I expect to win. We dropped the ball with this hire. You don't bring a one dimensional system into a league whose goal is to make you one dimensional. It was doomed from the start. We need an AD change, then a HC change shortly thereafter

vCash
    I just hope to beat Vandy. If it's true about Leach and his practice rituals the team will quit. But on paper we do match up with Arky but KJ is developing as a better passer. Om is a one man team but he will be playing for the Heisman so he will go batshit crazy on us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I feel you, man. Unfortunately most of our fans don't realize that Kentucky has their Mullen in Stoops, and they have now passed us by. We won't beat them. Ole Miss is now even further ahead of us than Kentucky, and is a matchup nightmare for us, so we ain't winning that one. Arkansas is likely our best shot, and it's on the road, so it's far from a game I expect to win.
    Kentucky has 2 weeks to prepare for the Airbone. Something else to look at when we play.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Second best D in the league behind Georgia. Acting like they aren't good is silly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    I just hope to beat Vandy. If it's true about Leach and his practice rituals the team will quit. But on paper we do match up with Arky but KJ is developing as a better passer. Om is a one man team but he will be playing for the Heisman so he will go batshit crazy on us.
    Our best hope is for one these teams to have an off day or get stubborn and play man to man.